• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IUI after Lap for Endo

AG75

Reaction score
I have been TTC for about 13 months with no luck. I have suspected endo, I had an HSG 2 months ago which showed all clear. I am seeing my FS next week and the next step is to schedule a lap to diagnose and treat possible endo. I firmly believe I have endo as my mother and her mother both had it quite bad and I have al lthe symptoms.

I've become so impatient though and am ready to have a baby now. I feel like I've been waiting a year just to get treated for this endo, it's so frustrating. Anyway I've read that there is some success after a lap. I have been thinking about asking for Clomid right after my lap and paying for IUI (in Canada I will have to pay approx $500 per treatment). Just wondered if anyone out there has had a similar experience or success with IUI after a lap?

AG75 - we are currently in that boat.

I had an HSG and both tubes were blocked, 2 weeks after I had a Lap & Dye surgery to clear them out and now are in the process of doing Clomid and IUI. We go in for IUI on Friday so I'll keep you posted if we get that BFP :)

Best of luck!!!!! I know how frustrating it can be we have to hang in there and keep our heads high and keep the faith!!! It will happen :)

Oh wow, good luck to you!! please definitely let me know how it goes because I need a bit of hope these days. Waiting has been the worst part, just knowing I had endo and had to wait so long to get it treated ...very frustrating.

Hi! I also just had my lap on Thursday which showed mild to moderate endo. I really didn't have any of the symptoms and my HSG showed clear tubes, but since I failed my first 2 IUIs and developed a cyst after the second, my doc recommended the lap. I wasn't excited about this but I want to keep moving forward so I am glad I did it. Right now I am just waiting for AF so I can go back on clomid and do IUI #3 in December! Both my RE and accupuncturist :)haha: don't know if that is a word but I don't know what else to call her!) say I am in a hyper-fertile state! We will see :winkwink:
Good Luck to you both!

Oh wow, good luck to you!! please definitely let me know how it goes because I need a bit of hope these days. Waiting has been the worst part, just knowing I had endo and had to wait so long to get it treated ...very frustrating.

Waiting is the worst!!!!! I thank my lucky stars that I've been able to move right along, but I think it is because I was :cry: after my HSG that he say the sadness and scheduled me right away!!!

Best of luck!!!! I'll keep you posted :) I'm feeling pretty good about it!!!!

I wish I could do IUI now, but I know the best thing is to wait until the lap so I know what the damage is first.

Good luck to you both though, I might be joining you soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->