IUI? have you tried it? success rate? how long til BFP?

keepfaith17

Reaction score
So i just got a called from our Dr. my pap is clear and i am healthy. DH sperm count is 50% below normal at 30 million and should be at 60 million. The Dr is stating we are good candidates for IUI. I go back on the 26th for blood work because he wants to make sure my hormones are good and i am ovulating. Since i already have a child (3yrs) the Dr inst foreseeing any issues with me (27, regular 27/28 day cycles, non smoker,non drinker, no drugs,healthy weight, no medical issues) but just wanted to double check.

Have any of you been TTC by IUI? how many months? how many times using IUI did it take to get BFP?

I read online that its only like a 20% success rate each cycle with IUI and that's under perfect conditions so i'm freaking out a little.

A success rate of 20% is approx. also what it is when you're trying naturally if there aren't any fertility problems. But if you have a fertility issue that's actually making your chances much less, say 4-6%, then 20% is an increase of your chances.

I did 6 IUIs in 2015 while LTTTC #1. DH and I were unexplained infertility and in our mid-30s. All medicated and I had 1-3 follies each time. Unfortunately all ended in BFN:nope: We moved on to IVF after that and it worked the 2nd time:thumbup:

I've heard plenty of success stories though of people having IUI work the 1st time or on a later try though. My in-laws know a couple where IUI #6 worked for them. So it varies.

I hope it works the first time for you :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->