IUI timing concerns

lulabell

Reaction score
Hi ladies! I just wanted to voice my concerns about this and you tell me what you think. I have had several IUI's and I feel like the timing is a little off. We are instructed to do the HCG trigger shot in the evening at 8p.m. and the IUI is preformed 36 hours later. Well...I always feel ovulation pains 24 hours after the "trigger shot", which means I have an healthy little egg waiting to be fertilized, yet we don't do the IUI for another 12 hours and we are told not to have sex for 48 hours leading up to the IUI. From what I've read your egg is only good for 12-24 hours. With my luck my little egg is only good for the 12 hours. So by the time the IUI is performed the egg is starting to disintegrate! I feel like the IUI should be done the morning following the "trigger shot" because the sperm live longer and they can be waiting on the egg do drop!
Sorry for rambling on about this. Its an expensive procedure and I feel like we are waisting our money!
What do you think?

I sometimes wonder about timing, and then DH reminds me that the doctors surely don't want to waste their time either. If they say that this is the best timing, you can trust them. Ovulation should occur 36 to 48 hours after the hCG shot, so it seems like you're right on time.

The ovulation pain you are feeling is not the release of an egg. It's the maturation of the egg that is already there. The HCG shot pushes it that one last hurdle before ovulation occurs. You're not releasing the egg when you feel the pain, your follicles are simply expanding with the emerging mature egg.

I suppose they do this every day and therefore they know what they are doing. I'm sure they've done studies and the study results showed that the greatest pregnancy rates occurred when the sperm was inserted after that length of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->