Iv asked this before but someone please ease my worry...

embeth

Mum to 4 perfect children
Reaction score
I have just been to my post natal
Check.. Saw a young doctor who
Have never seen before. All fine just a few quick questions. I mentioned that I have a lump come up in the same place whenever the breast is quite full/engorged then completely disappears when empty. She examined me and couldn't feel anything neither could I as Jacob has not long fed. She just kept going on and on about it though!! Saying
She couldn't decide what to do and about how long I would feed/history of breast cancer etc!! I said can something bad really completely disappear and pop up again?!? In the end it was decided to
go back if the lump wasn't going after emptying which it currently does.. But I feel all worried and stressed now :( does anyone else have lumps
Pop up in the same spot when full
Up and then go after emptying???

If it going down when you feed it's likely to be a milk duct that is slacker than the rest, or more active. I don't thiink it's anything at all to worry about.

They are blocked ducts. Baby unblocks them when feeding. If they don't unblock they get sore and can be infected leading to mastitis

If it going down when you feed it's likely to be a milk duct that is slacker than the rest, or more active. I don't thiink it's anything at all to worry about.

This would be my guess. I have a spot that is more likely o get full if baby falls asleep/or doesn't drain breast.

Thanks all. It was just the doctors uncertainty that's got me dressed. It seemed to make sense to me a lump that goes with the milk and fills with it was bf related. Now I'm wandering of there is a problem in the breat which is why the lump keeps recurring:/ if i am really full it's visible. The doctor examined me for a long time and was unable to even find it so I am going to try and stop worrying! X

I used to get those when LO was small and my breasts got really full and empty feeling often. Now he is older, they rarely change much and I don't get them. It sounds like a blocked duct issue that the baby resolves when feeding though.

Thanks. I wish I had never asked the doctor she has just sent me into a panic I have breast cancer :( it's ridiculous I haven't been able to feel the lump all day even! Sure it will pop up again soon when I haven't fed though.its never painful though which worries me slightly. I think ill just watch it and make sure it always empties/doesn't get bigger etc x

I had grain of rice sized lumps (which were clogged ducts) always in the same place in the early weeks of breast feeding. If you are worried then the next time you see it, put a hot(ish) washcloth over the area and then do hand expressing massage behind and over the lump. It should move down towards the nipple or break up and disappear.

If it is a large lump (like a swelling) under the arm then it could be extra breast tissue which has grown due to pregnancy hormones but I dont think these totally disappear after feeds...never had it myself.

Thanks. It's more the size and shape of a kidney bean when it's there, sort of rubbery and movable. But I can get it to completely deflate throu feeding/ expressing. It will always come back up again which is annoying!! I did have an ultrasound of the breast a year ago which was completely normal and have had two full breast exams when pregnant both normal. It's definitely popped up whilst breastfeeding xx

I have an area on each breast that feels hard before a feed or if Alma has a short feed but when I am 'empty' it goes away.
I was told it is all normal xx

Thanks 4 replying. It's just the doctor sending me into a tizzy with it! Hopefully I'll stop obsessing over it soon! X

Milk storage in the breast is lumpy! What an ignorant doctor. If any lump in your body changes size (unless it constantly gets bigger), it's not cancer.

If it hurts and is hard, it's a plugged duct. If it's a lump that changes size, it's just your milk storage in your breast filling up and emptying. You can especially feel these milk "kidney beans" or whatever when hand expressing.

Mine get very lumpy when full too, and much larger lumps than what you are describing. They shrink or go away completely when my baby feeds. My midwife said it's totally normal.

I wouldn't worry that it's always in the same spot; mine might be always in the same spots as well, but I have more than one and don't really keep track of where they are.

Thanks so much for response. I think it was very unprofessional if her to be telling me she couldn't decide way to do and if I needed a referral. She almost seemed disappointed she couldn't feel it! Surely that's a good thing! Won't be going to her again xx

so i couldn't stop obsessing abut this lump!went to a different doctor and she is sending me for a scan...scared now!I woke in the night to feed and i could see it, then after feeding expressing had reduced right down..really hope its just milk related x

I agree with what the other ladies are saying that it's likely to be milk related but I was going to suggest seeing another doctor and asking for reassurance/ an ultrasound because I know from experience that there is not much worse than worrying about these things. Good luck, I'm sure it will be nothing but it's best to know.

Thanku. The doctor said she is 99% sure it's nothing but thinks I need to put my mind at rest. Hope she's right! Hate this worrying and obsessing! X

Doctors tend to know their stuff and you just need to learn to trust them. I have health anxiety (although thankfully its fine at the moment() and I can completely relate to your worry, yet at the same time I feel the need to shake you and tell you to stop being so irrational! It doesn't sound like anything sinister at all and the ultrasound will tell you just that. I've had many a breast lump that I have obsessed over and not a single one has turned out to be anything.

Doctors can't tell you a definite no its nothing because they always have to cover their backs and they can't see inside you, however they can use their expertise to give you an opinion based on education and experience. If any doctor thought there was any chance it could be something sinister then they would refer you immediately for a scan and they would tell you that they were concerned.

Please try to stop worrying! x

thanku!can you tell I have health anxiety?!?lol

I had been good all through my pregnancy and now this!I had issues with dimpling etc on this boob pre preg which has made me v nervous of anything changing.

You're right though..time to get a grip and try to be rational!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"