I've come to realize we're all prejudice assholes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hot tea

That's the problem. All of us, even those among us who claim to be above judgement and so on, we are all prejudice. It is a part of natural human response, but in our society we are prejudice against other people's differences for absolutely no reason other than because of what we view is acceptable and unacceptable. Most of what we believe is acceptable/unacceptable has been impressioned into us from infancy, and those that DO break away from the "norm" view their truth as ultimate, thus making them seem (and some are) complete assholes and totally unapproachable. No one wants to listen to others who basically say, YOU ARE WRONG.

So how about this. Instead of TRADITIONAL parenting, and NATURAL parenting, and all those things in between... How about MINDFUL parenting? If everyone is making their choices mindfully, accepting their own preconcieved notions as a part of them, but NOT being influenced by them, we would all be better, less judgemental people.

The only wrong parenting choice is one made with a lack of mindfulness. Everything else is secondary. Instead of attacking other people for their truths, focus on your own and TRUST others enough that they are doing the same.

I totally agree, but I can see this going downhill fast :hugs:

I really hope no one takes this the wrong way. I mean... We are all assholes in the same way we're all kind. We are all capable of prejudice, that isn't the issue. The issue is the lack of mindfulness. We all blubber about our way being better, well. Everyone has their OWN truths. Being aware of your own truths and WHY they are your truths is all that matters.

Funny.... I don't see the TRADITIONAL parenting people doing all the judging here.

I see plenty of traditional parents judge. How many people have told me to throw a cover over my baby's head? Blah. Judgement comes from everyone. Judgement comes from a lack of mindfulness. Judgement is hurtful, if it isn't done respectfully.

Plus, traditional parenting is just a silly term anyways. As is natural parenting. What isn't natural about parenting? Is a traditional parent not doing what is natural? SILLY!

I requested it be unlocked and moved to the appropriate forum.

Funny.... I don't see the TRADITIONAL parenting people doing all the judging here.

I would like to point out you are passing judgement by saying traditional parents aren't judemental.. Point proven we all do it, haha.

Why are these labels of traditional and natural parenting thrown around so much? And why is BF natural parenting when it must be one of the oldest, hence most 'traditional' of all parenting choices. I have never understood why people are so keen to put themselves into one camp or the other.

It's all parenting, isn't it? Shit, who cares how we parent as long as we get there in the end? In my mind, as long as the kid isn't being abused (mentally, sexually, or physically) and is shown love and understanding, who cares if the baby is BF'd, FF'd, carried, weaned at 4 months or circumcised?

Why are these labels of traditional and natural parenting thrown around so much? And why is BF natural parenting when it must be one of the oldest, hence most 'traditional' of all parenting choices. I have never understood why people are so keen to put themselves into one camp or the other.

Agree...surely it should just be parenting???

Exactly my Feeling as well!! Fuck traditional and natural, they are mutually inclusive, not exclusive.

Sometimes I see people passing judgment and people being contradicting hypocrites in the same paragraph. (Regarding parenting and what the parent decides to do with their child.)

I would like to point out you are passing judgement by saying traditional parents aren't judemental.. Point proven we all do it, haha.

My thought on this is, bottle feeding mothers generally don't come into the breastfeeding forum to tell others what they are doing is wrong. Likewise, I don't come into natural parenting to tell people to put their baby in a stroller. All in all, I'm not a very judgmental person. I have a laid back personality and don't find the need to tell others what they are doing wrong.

The only thing I hate is babies out in nothing but a diaper. I have no idea why, but I judge about that. :haha:

I only find people being judgmental and using terms like 'natural parent' and 'traditional parent' on this forum. In real life everyone I know just gets on with it and certainly doesnt label their 'parenting style' and get defensive about it, I really dont care how my friends bring up their children, if they breast feed or how the get them to sleep at night - Im busy bringing up my own children and spending time with them.

Oh, and not everyone is prejudiced- speak for yourself. I know having been at the receiving end of a lot of prejudice for marrying someone with a different colour skin to mine how horrible it is and I certainly do not judge others.

We are prejudice. Everyone is prejudice. I am prejudice against pedophilia. I am sure most people are. And the thing wih prejudice is generally it comes from a place of 'I am better than you'.

I can speak for human nature, no one here has transcended nature.

Sometimes I see people passing judgment and people being contradicting hypocrites in the same paragraph. (Regarding parenting and what the parent decides to do with their child.)

Sadly, I have seen this quite a few times. It actually makes me laugh....it just makes them look like an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back