ive cracked it :)

Tezzy

Mum of 2 TTCAL
Reaction score
Rhys has woken up crying in the night for as long as i can remember, certainly since switching over to whole milk in his diet (around 7 months i started using it in his porridge etc) over the last 5 weeks he has started waking and screaming constantly through the night with what looked to me like stomach cramps.. i tried everything to sooth him but nothing worked.

anyway yesterday i took him to the HV to see if maybe he had a milk intollerence (as he only screamed after his bottle) and she told me to switch him back to baby formula for 1 week to see if it helped..

and lastnight he slept through the night from 7pm until 7am.. no screaming.. no tummy pains.. no nothing!!

so woohoo, i feel very awake this morning after having a full nights sleep :)

well done... ewan still wakes up in the night for a drink!! he'll be three in august!!

well done... ewan still wakes up in the night for a drink!! he'll be three in august!!

the waking up i can handle.. its the screaming (and i mean like screatching at the top of his lungs) because he was in pain from drinking the milk. i only clicked the connection the other day when rhys went to creche after having a huge bowl of porridge.. only to have them ring me half an hour later to ask me to come pick him up because he wasnt well

ah.. not so good, Ewan is fine once he has had a drink, the screaming must be gut wrenching. Hope things improve now.

well done hun. Whats the Hv said to after a week hun?

well done hun. Whats the Hv said to after a week hun?

shes gonna give me a ring next tuesday to talk about different options..

apparently soya milk isnt good for children under 2 so im not too sure what we could use as a substitute??

Glad you spotted it. How come soya milk is no good? My HV suggested it as a possibility for Tom when he wouldn't drink formula. :shock:

Do you think it's a permanent thing then or is it something they grow out of?

copied off the web:

Soy milk is fine in moderation for children and adults, but not for babies under two. Regarding soy infant formula, some reports say that it may affect children's sexual development and fertility as adults if they are given soy formula during their first few months of life. Therefore do your utmost to give your baby breast milk only in the first few months of life. From six months onwards, if breast milk can no longer be given, soy milk in moderation is not known to be harmful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->