I've got my mom into baby-wearing!

Nic1107

Mommy to a toddler
Reaction score
18 years it's been since she had her last baby, and now she's wearing my baby. :lol: She regarded me with amusement when I bought my Moby when I was pregnant thinking I'd never use it (okay, she was right on that one :blush:) but it was just a matter of finding the right carrier (mei tai is perfect!).

So she wanted to take C outside while she watered the garden so I suggested she wear her to keep her hands free; she said it would hurt her back, she'd be too heavy, she wouldn't feel secure enough, C wouldn't like it, blahblahblah... :lol: I convinced her to try anyway and lo and behold, she was perfectly comfy and didn't feel like the baby was going to fall at all!

So a couple days later she came up to me and said, "Hey can you get that wrap thing and tie C to me so I can take her for a walk?" :rofl: CONVERTED!!!

Aww cute :) I still haven't convinced my mum but my hubby sometimes says "can I wear her today? you always get to wear her"

Awww! lol I bet my hubby will be the same way! :)

awwww :) we bought a carrier as liam wanted to wear bubs :) i doubt i will wear it, but it suits liam down to the ground! cant wait to see father & son wandering around town :)

I love that, can you tie her to me!!

My DH says I hog her too and when is it his turn :lol:

That's lovely!

I wish my mum was as in agreement with me about carrying! I had to tell her to shut up in the airport! I was pushing the pushchair with the car seat on it, and holding my hand luggage...so I put her in my sling on my hip and put the hand luggage on the car seat. So both hands free to fold up the pushchair to go in the plane! Easy?!

But mother had to pipe up with 'oh why on earth are you putting her in that now?! How on earth will you fold the pushchair?'
Well a darn-sight easier than trying to do it holding her!

I managed to remove the car seat, fold the pushchair up and put it in the bag while the whole queue of people gawped at us ...and then gawped some more as I walked up the rickety steps holding the rails with BOTH hands....oppose to the poor fella carrying his squirming toddler and unable to hold on even with one hand!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->