I've had enough :(

CordeliaJ

Reaction score
I'm so miserable!!!

I have absolutely had enough of being pregnant. Today has been crap so far, and it's not even that different to normal. I go to work during rush hour, and today I got hit in the belly by 2 people & their bags, and despite me yelling "could you be a bit more careful please" they were far too 'busy' to even notice. Then some woman walking down the wrong side of the platform steps wouldn't budge (I was practically dragging myself up them holding onto the railing). I had to actually say "I need to walk holding the railing because I'm pregnant" only then did she move out of the way. Then when I got to work I was sick everywhere, but because we have barely any staff at the moment, I can't even go home unless I want to close the shop (which I really can't) because I'm the duty manager. I've been standing on my feet all day (no change there) but also manically busy being the only member of staff on one floor. Customers are being rude about there being no staff (which obviously is not my fault), and I can't even get a second to just sit on a footstool. My lunchbreak is the first break i've had since 8.30 and I've got really bad period-type cramps which are driving me mad. Baby has had hiccups loads and it feels like a muscle spasm which is uncomfortable, plus he's kicking me in the bladder (when I can't even get to a toilet unless I'm on a break).

I am so so so tired. I don't want to do this anymore. I honestly feel like I can't cope and I feel so so low as well. I want baby to arrive early even though I know I shouldn't think like that in case something went wrong. Is anyone else suffering? Sorry for the long rant, I guess it's just one of those days, trouble is they all feel a bit like this now.

Aw hun it's hard towards the end I know. and as you said babies coming early is not something you really want.
My lo arrived at 35 weeks, which was hard and she had no problems. So try to enjoy your last few weeks.
Is there anyway you can get your Dr to sign you off now and someone else take over?

That stinks...what a miserable day! Hugs, and I hope you feel better.

I'm not sure where you work hun, but it's worth talking to your line manager or HR about how its going, and maybe like the other lady said get yourself signed off by the doctor.
My work did a risk assessment and as a result of that I get an additional break every day and if I need to sit down, I simply go and sit down. (obvs making sure the shop floor is covered)

I've also requested to leave earlier than planned so Saturday is my last day in.
Even with the additional care work are offering , I found it too hard to carry on and had to make the hard decision .

Hope you can sort something soon xx:hugs:

Aw you've described exactly how I was feeling last week.. Work long shifts (12.5hrs), busy ward, constantly on the move.. I was really struggling. By the end of each day I was in agony (pelvis and back - have had a disc prolapse in the past which doesnt help matters) and having terrible cramps and palpitations.. plus my feet where like massive swollen balloons! Then Monday night at end of my shift I hurt my back.. It was the last straw.. Just knew I couldn't do it any longer even though I want planning to go off work so early.. Went to my gp for advise- honestly I was such a mess, and its the best thing I done. He signed me off and told me I shouldn't be working as I was as I would be causing myself and bubs stress.. And the fact I ended up hurting my back was proof of that. I felt pathetic you know- for going off so early in my preg 31+ weeks, but having been off now for a few days i know it was 100% the right thing to do. i would say that u should maybe go speak with your doctor.. See what he/she advises. When are u planning to start mat leave? Xxx

Thanks for your advice girls. Yeah it's actually shocking how much they couldn't give a rats arse about the staff where I work. It's a big company and I think I probably shouldn't mention the name here because they seem to actively keep any eye out for people bad mouthing them. I went to see a physiotherapist and she was shocked too that they don't do risk assessments or offer chairs for pregnancy. There's not much I can do, I'm leaving as soon as I was able to, in 4 weeks when I'm 34 weeks. My doctor is actually a cow, I've told her constantly about the sciatica & spd pain I have and all she said was "that's to be expected during pregnancy, there's nothing to be done about it". I had to beg her to write me a referral letter to see a physiotherapist (who is lovely but I can't get out of work often to see her). She's been helpful but other than giving me exercise & other bits if advice, she only says what you guys say, which is to speak to my manager. Trouble is, I have but he needs me because the company won't allow him any extra staff, so it's not really his fault. Plus he's away at the moment which is why staffing is even worse.
I know it's a pretty pointless rant, I just have to stick it out as best I can. Never has 4 weeks felt so long! Haha.

Aw I'm so sorry to hear you're not getting support from your work and your doctor also.. That really sucks. Wish there was something else I could suggest but I'm stumped.. Thought your gp would've been understanding :-( xxx

Thanks for your advice girls. Yeah it's actually shocking how much they couldn't give a rats arse about the staff where I work. It's a big company and I think I probably shouldn't mention the name here because they seem to actively keep any eye out for people bad mouthing them. I went to see a physiotherapist and she was shocked too that they don't do risk assessments or offer chairs for pregnancy. There's not much I can do, I'm leaving as soon as I was able to, in 4 weeks when I'm 34 weeks. My doctor is actually a cow, I've told her constantly about the sciatica & spd pain I have and all she said was "that's to be expected during pregnancy, there's nothing to be done about it". I had to beg her to write me a referral letter to see a physiotherapist (who is lovely but I can't get out of work often to see her). She's been helpful but other than giving me exercise & other bits if advice, she only says what you guys say, which is to speak to my manager. Trouble is, I have but he needs me because the company won't allow him any extra staff, so it's not really his fault. Plus he's away at the moment which is why staffing is even worse.
I know it's a pretty pointless rant, I just have to stick it out as best I can. Never has 4 weeks felt so long! Haha.

You do know that your HR are LEGALLY required to do a risk assesment?

https://www.gov.uk/working-when-pregnant-your-rights

I would write them a letter stating that you are not happy with the fact that they have not done a risk assesment, that they have broken employment law. And that you want one done immediately as you believe your work conditions are putting you at risk. If they are not able to provide a risk assesment or amend your working conditions so that you are comfortable, they have to sign you off with FULL PAY until your maternity leave starts

(I used to work in HR)

-----

Heres the HSE Link
https://www.hse.gov.uk/contact/faqs/pregnancy.htm

with details of the Regulation 16 of the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 detailing the need for risk assesment

i never thought people wouldbe so rude to pregnant ladies but i feel like a circus act. customers are soooo mean its not funny. mean on purpose! how people live with themselves! i have a real jerk of a manager as well pushing me into heavy lufting and climbing ladders for the fun of it. so when i complained he just quit scheduling me. i dunno how people can be outright mean. i hope you get something figured out especially if your employer is breaking the law!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->