I've never had this problem before

Xpecta

Reaction score
Picking out names is just my favourite. Knowing that something is going to stick forever is such a responsibility.

Usually it comes so easy to me! I fall in love with a name and that's that. It sticks.

This is the first time I've ever had troubles finding a name. I'm so torn. I absolutely love the name Killian but we had named our kittens Killion (Notice the different spelling) and he recently ran away.

Well we didn't even have him a year and yet it feels wrong taking the name for a baby. It makes my husband sad and plus, what am I going to tell him when he grows up? We named you after a cat?

We don't know what we're having, but I feel as though it's a boy. This is just so hard!

I feel your pain, we have a 7yr old dog called Donny & I love that name. We are now expecting a baby boy in a few weeks & can't find a name for him (well we had a name, but sister in law gave birth 2 days ago & used the name we had picked - Jude)

We are having a lot of trouble too with names. My favorites, DH doesn't like so I feel like I am going to have to settle for second best and never love her name. Well at least we have a few months, but we've been talking about it since before we even started TTC and have never agreed on one name completely. :/

I totally understand but I have to explain.. I let my husband name our dog Mallory because I didn't like the name and I wanted it off the table for any future child. It has a negative meaning and is after a fictional serial killer in his favorite movie. But I love our dog so much I love the name now and a part of me wishes we could use it!

I like the name Killian too. I don't think it matters too much if a dog had the name first because people give their pets people names now.. But if it makes your hubby sad it's probably off the table.

So many things to consider in naming a tiny little human! I agree. it's so tough!

I trust mommy instincts but if you end up having a girl there's always Gillian.

I know a Gillian so that wouldn't work. Thanks for the tip.

Well, hubby said he would get over it, but I don't think I want to do that to him.

Ilovecocopops, I read about that. I'm so sorry that happened to you! I couldn't imagine that happening after all this trouble of picking out names.

Symphony7, it's hard isn't it?! At least my husband doesn't hate all the names I've pitched. He's pretty easy when it comes to names.

But I've just found a unisex name that I love and I showed him. He likes it too. So we'll have to see!!

Caelan. I've honestly never heard it before. And it's unisex too. Which would help because they couldn't tell me gender at my ultrasound.

It also mean "Powerful Warrior" which is awesome!! (Meanings of names are important to us.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->