I've wanted a baby for so long and have a picture of what it will be like in my head

Hobnob

Mummy to a girl, TTC #2
Reaction score
But what if that picture is wrong? :blush: I sometimes wonder whether I'm seeing things through rose tinted glasses .

I was thinking this just earlier today hun.

Where we are actually trying now, it does suddenly go from being a dream to a very possible reality and you realised just how huge it is.

I am sure elements of the picture will be different to how we imagine but I am also positive that some of them will be the same.

No matter what, you will be a fantastic Mummy :hugs:

xxx

The picture I had in my head before my son was different. I thought I would dress him in cute little clothes everyday and the sleep deprivation wouldn't get to me. I was wrong, it was really hard at first, it's definitely not as glamorous as I pictured it being. In the end it was so much more though, I loved this little person more then I could have ever imagined, my whole world revolved around him. All I can say is that it might not be all that you imagined but in some ways it will be more then you could have ever dreamed of.

I was thinking this just earlier today hun.

Where we are actually trying now, it does suddenly go from being a dream to a very possible reality and you realised just how huge it is.

I am sure elements of the picture will be different to how we imagine but I am also positive that some of them will be the same.

No matter what, you will be a fantastic Mummy :hugs:

xxx

Aww thanks Pops, nice to know someone else has these worries too!

The picture I had in my head before my son was different. I thought I would dress him in cute little clothes everyday and the sleep deprivation wouldn't get to me. I was wrong, it was really hard at first, it's definitely not as glamorous as I pictured it being. In the end it was so much more though, I loved this little person more then I could have ever imagined, my whole world revolved around him. All I can say is that it might not be all that you imagined but in some ways it will be more then you could have ever dreamed of.

Thanks for your reply and the lovely words of wisdom, nice to hear from a mummy what its like in reality.

yes i agree, its so much better than i ever thought! i suppose how i pictured it is kinda how it is! i often pictured myself having lots of pj days, and constantly on the go! its still wonderful! i don't think i realised how i needed to take time to recover and get to no my little lady, and get in our routine, i think once this has happened, everything is wonderful! the newborn stage is utterly amazing, but also scary and tiring too! i agree with pops, what ever happens, you will be a wonderful mum :hugs: i don't think anything can prepare you for being a mum, but i think the love for your LO is always there, and its more wonderful than words can describe :cloud9:

Hey hun, I think we have to picture the positives otherwise we probably would never have a baby. It will be all the lovely things you pictured, but just mixed with some difficult times too sometimes - but as Pops says, you will be a fantastic mummy regardless xx

Hey hun, I think we have to picture the positives otherwise we probably would never have a baby. It will be all the lovely things you pictured, but just mixed with some difficult times too sometimes - but as Pops says, you will be a fantastic mummy regardless xx

Thanks hun! I probably worry too much, my own mum and I don't get on so well, and I wouldn't say she's been the best role model tbh, maybe I'm worrying unnecessarily. I just so want to be a good mum and hopefully learn from the things that my mum's not done so well.

Hi hun. I always think about the positives and think how amazing it will be to have a baby whereas dh thinks about the negatives like sleep deprevation and no money! Guess we just won't know till we have one- and the sooner the better! x

Well you all got me crying now for being so bloody sweet! :hugs: all round.

My baby kicked my ass!
And I still love him!
Some things were harder than I believed possible; others are so sweet, I don't know what to do with myself.
I wouldn't worry about repeating mistakes your mum made. The fact that you are aware of them will help you avoid that.
It's good to question and have doubts. I think it makes you a better parent in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->