IVF First Round Buddies? April/May!

stellagirl

Reaction score
IVF Newbie Here!

Had my ultrasound this morning and will be starting shots TONIGHT! Anyone else starting now? Looking for some buddies! :blush:

Hoping for lots of sticky beans all around!
:hugs::happydance::hugs:

Hi! I'm not starting until later this year, but wanted to know how many eggs you're inserting if you have more than 1 egg fertilized? Thanks!

Hey. I'm an IVF newbie too. I also started my evening shots on the 22nd! :happydance:

I wasn't actually supposed to start my first IVF cycle until June. I went to my clinic for my nurse's appointment, and was told that because I'll be on a short protocol, and my cycles are sooooo long, I could either start that day, or wait for who knows how long :wacko: So I said ok. Still in shock, and very nervous.

What about you? What protocol are you on? <3

Swtshae, I initially planned on transferring two for a better chance, but my Dr and nurse have both scared me into just using one lol.

Hi Girls,

Good luck to you all! I'm about to start my first IVF with ICSI. I'm currently taking the Pill to down regulate everything and have our IVF orientation on Wednesday along with my SHG and Endometrial Biopsy/Scrape - not looking forward to that! If all goes well then I would assume I will start with the injections next week!!

Hi Girls,

Good luck to you all! I'm about to start my first IVF with ICSI. I'm currently taking the Pill to down regulate everything and have our IVF orientation on Wednesday along with my SHG and Endometrial Biopsy/Scrape - not looking forward to that! If all goes well then I would assume I will start with the injections next week!!

I hope all went well at the orientation! The scrape thing does not sound like fun. I hope it wasnt too painful. Here's to you starting stimming next week! :happydance:

Hey. I'm an IVF newbie too. I also started my evening shots on the 22nd! :happydance:

I wasn't actually supposed to start my first IVF cycle until June. I went to my clinic for my nurse's appointment, and was told that because I'll be on a short protocol, and my cycles are sooooo long, I could either start that day, or wait for who knows how long :wacko: So I said ok. Still in shock, and very nervous.

Swtshae, I initially planned on transferring two for a better chance, but my Dr and nurse have both scared me into just using one lol.

Hi There!

Oh how fun! So, it sounds like we're on the same cycle more-or-less. :wink wink:

I started stimming on the 22nd. I just returned from my latest u/s and bloodwork and I'm starting ganirelix tomorrow morning. My doc is very confident that I'll be triggering on Friday after my u/s and bloodwork. So, I'd be looking at a ER on Sunday! So excited AND nervous? How is your cycle going? :happy dance:

Swtshae, I am totally on the same boat – thought 2 would be ideal (you know, the whole, get two done at once idea)… and then I heard the risks and quickly agreed to a single embryo transfer. :)

Thank you for responding. I'm in the early stages of the IVF process with just birth control pills now. After the 3 months, I'll start the process. I've been thinking about how many eggs I would want to insert (given that we have some retrieved and fertilized). Very much unsure so wanted to hear from you ladies that are in the process now. Good luck to everyone!

Hi There!

Oh how fun! So, it sounds like we're on the same cycle more-or-less. :wink wink:

I started stimming on the 22nd. I just returned from my latest u/s and bloodwork and I'm starting ganirelix tomorrow morning. My doc is very confident that I'll be triggering on Friday after my u/s and bloodwork. So, I'd be looking at a ER on Sunday! So excited AND nervous? How is your cycle going? :happy dance:

Swtshae, I am totally on the same boat – thought 2 would be ideal (you know, the whole, get two done at once idea)… and then I heard the risks and quickly agreed to a single embryo transfer. :)

Oh that's great news! :happydance: Let me know if you do trigger on friday! My nurses thought i'd most likey go in for ER on Monday the 4th, but after m scan yesterday, my follicles arent growing quick enough, so they've increased my gonal f to 250ml. Hopefully I'll trigger by next weekend.

Swtshae I hope the next 3 months goes quickly!

Oh that's great news! :happydance: Let me know if you do trigger on friday! My nurses thought i'd most likey go in for ER on Monday the 4th, but after m scan yesterday, my follicles arent growing quick enough, so they've increased my gonal f to 250ml. Hopefully I'll trigger by next weekend.

Swtshae I hope the next 3 months goes quickly!

Hi melodyy_mtb! I triggered last night and I'll have my retrieval tomorrow. Scared, anxious, bloated, and nervous! How can I be feeling all of these emotions at once? Looking forward to hearing where you're at on your cycle. Sending lots of great vibes your way! :hugs:

Hi all hope everyone is good :))
I started the pill today to start withdrawal bleed.
Nasal spray fri.
Self funding own treatment .
Icsi journey.

stellagirl How did your retrieval go? I triggered on Wednesday and had my retrieval Friday morning. They got 15 eggs, and 12 fertilised! :happydance: I'll be going in for my transfer on Monday the 11th or Wednesday.

optimistic13 Awesome! So are you on a long or short protocol?

ttcbaby117 It went really well. I just remember falling asleep and then waking up to cookies :D Found out this morning that 12 of my 15 eggs fertilised so I'm very happy.

Hey melody...not to sound silly but I'm not sure what protocol I'm on was never described in either way.
I'm on noristerone for a week to bring on bleed nasal spray for a mth, week of gonal f after blood test , after blood test a scan week later. That's if all goes to plan and bloods appear to correspond with the nasal spray. I'm with Bristol having Icsi :))

Thanks stellagirl

What happens with short protocol? Is that what u have done ?

The main difference is that I don't down regulate. I have pcos, which means I'm at high risk of over stimulating. So I guess the shorter the protocol, the less time im on drugs. I just took gonal f at night and cetrotide in the morning for about 2 weeks then triggered. I could only start it all once my period had started though.

Hi I have pcos also , also had to wait for period before all started day 19 of new cycle.
Guess different protocol for all of us depending on our bloods etc and area we live in.
I start gonal f 22nd 2 weeks after starting nasal spray.
:))

stellagirl How did your retrieval go? I triggered on Wednesday and had my retrieval Friday morning. They got 15 eggs, and 12 fertilised! :happydance: I'll be going in for my transfer on Monday the 11th or Wednesday.

optimistic13 Awesome! So are you on a long or short protocol?

ttcbaby117 It went really well. I just remember falling asleep and then waking up to cookies :D Found out this morning that 12 of my 15 eggs fertilised so I'm very happy.

Hi melodyy_mtb! Whoa! Those are awesome numbers! Fingers crossed for you that your embies are doing well! Let me know how you make out. At least the transfer is a piece of cake compared to the retrieval. :hugs:

I had my day five transfer yesterday. It went well! We transferred a single 7AA embie. Fingers crossed that he/she sticks! We're hoping to have 3 extra embies frozen but we're waiting to hear back tomorrow on the final count.

Now… we wait. Feels weird waiting after so much nonstop. I'm not going to lie though… It's really nice having a little down time.

Sending lots of good vibes your way. xox

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"