IVF First Round Buddies? April/May!

man, I'm not feeling a thing, though I'm not sure that I should be? only 4dpt. I assume not. My boobs are killing me but I assume that's from the progesterone and not really a sign of anything. I am not even bloated anymore.
Have you been seeing any symptoms or signs?

Wish2BMom - Any news?? How are you feeling? I was exactly the same. Experienced really sore boobs, but the bloating went shortly after my collection. Like the day after my transfer.

Just wantyed to say that I hope everyone else is ok and that the baby dust has reached you all. I got my bfp last weekend :O I'm still in shock. It has been two years of physical and emotional strain. But just wanted to say keep going, it will happen. :hugs:

CONGRATULATIONS, Melody!!!! that's incredible!!!

I am getting my results here in a bit. Gave over my blood this morning. The nurse taking it said she would sprinkle some dust on it before handing it over. :)
she's also going to see if the girls can push me to the front of the call list this afternoon so i can end this agony. I've had a lump in my throat all morning, I'm a hot mess. Boobs weren't sore when i got up today but now they feel sore again. And i'm definitely bloated. And just the minor cramping i've had all week, nothing big at all.

tick, tick tick...

Aww thank you. I'm hoping that this is going to be a lucky lucky thread.

Eeeeek omg I cant believe you'll find out today. You could even be on the phone now!!! I'm sending lots and lots of babydust your way. The bloating and cramps could all be good signs!! :happydance:

I certainly hope so. I guess the only other thing that would cause any of it would be the progesterone gel inserts I've been using. That's why it's so hard to tell. My typical LP is 10-11 days and today is technically 14dpo (11dp3dt) so that's good. BUT, the crinone can stall AF, so i can't count on that being a sign!

hey melody, I was jealous so I got myself one of them :bfp:s too! :)

hey melody, I was jealous so I got myself one of them :bfp:s too! :)

OMG!!!!!!! :yipee::yipee::yipee: yes!!! I am so happy for you! Congratulations hun. Hehe i love the way you announced that. Aww I've been checking back all evening lol. Isn't crazy how we can be so excited for someone we don't even know? Lol. Here's to a happy, healthy 9 months. :hugs:

I hope everyone else is doing ok. Praying that we all get our BFPS x

Thanks, girls!!! this is going to take a bit to sink in! And I agree - totally weird how we're all rooting for each other all over the globe, but I love it. Our own little community of goodness! The world could use a bit more of it, I tell ya!

ttc - how are you doing?
optimistic?

I came on here for a little advice and I feel like I ran people out. :(

Oh my goodness congratulations :)))
Yippee ..
Hey everyone hope everyone's Cycles going well.
Sorry I use fertility friends forums also... As there is a feed for the girls that are using the same clinic/hospital
I'm not to bad... Having been up and down, rollercoaster of symptom - emotions
I had some news this week that's hurt really bad, I'm so happy but it kills me also , we are gong to be aunty uncle :))
What amazing timing !
As for me, I'm on 8th day of stimulation injections , I had scan yesterday I have 15 follicles:))
Need few more days for lining and follicles to grow :))
Back for scan Monday for close monitoring as I have Pcos so risk of ohss.
But apparently only on low dosage of Gonal f X x

Congratulations on being a new auntie!! Good luck with Monday's scan. Grow, follies! Grow!!

I have my 2nd beta on Monday. Hope to see thing progressing. Not really stressing about it. Still so new.

Congratulations on being a new auntie!! Good luck with Monday's scan. Grow, follies! Grow!!

I have my 2nd beta on Monday. Hope to see thing progressing. Not really stressing about it. Still so new.

You must be over the moon :)))
Still in shock
What's a beta ?
Thanks but I'm totally not feeling it yet feel so hurt at the minute such crappy timing ...with our icsi at the same time.
I'm not excited yet.. I can't stop crying about it as I just want it to be me xx :hugs::cry::cry::cry:

Aww I'm so sorry :( :hugs: it's ok for you to feel this way and someday soon, it WILL be you making this announcement!! Just hang in there, hon.

Beta is the blood test results. So my first hcg level was 220 the other day. They look for 70-100. you go back a few days later to see if things are progressing. I think they look for the number to double. I think I'll have one more after that, then a 6-week ultrasound. I think at that, they are checking to make sure the sac and yolk(baby) formed. I don't think we can see a heartbeat that early, though. Not sure what comes after that besides the 10-week scan and genetic tests.

And not really in shock, oddly enough. I don't know why!! Just chilling and getting used to the thought of 'pregnant' but not shocked. Content, blissful and scared as hell about having an actual BABY (as long as everything stays in good order!)

I hope so :)) Trying to stay positive. X x

Fingers Crossed for you hope all goes well.
Close monitoring for you.
It's all good news :)))

Aww I'm so sorry :( :hugs: it's ok for you to feel this way and someday soon, it WILL be you making this announcement!! Just hang in there, hon.

Beta is the blood test results. So my first hcg level was 220 the other day. They look for 70-100. you go back a few days later to see if things are progressing. I think they look for the number to double. I think I'll have one more after that, then a 6-week ultrasound. I think at that, they are checking to make sure the sac and yolk(baby) formed. I don't think we can see a heartbeat that early, though. Not sure what comes after that besides the 10-week scan and genetic tests.

And not really in shock, oddly enough. I don't know why!! Just chilling and getting used to the thought of 'pregnant' but not shocked. Content, blissful and scared as hell about having an actual BABY (as long as everything stays in good order!)

CONGRATS!!! :happydance:

I just had my first u/s on Friday (5wk2d) and for the first early scan after IVF, they're just checking to make sure the baby's in our uterus's. We actually saw little heartbeat flickers and a tiny fetal pole, which I was shocked about but usually they just look for the gestational sac to be in the uterus and they do look for a yolk sac as well but sometimes its not seen so early on. I go for a 2nd u/s at exactly 7 weeks to hear the HB.
Also, before we saw the HB flickers, the tech told me that usually the earliest they can see that is 5wks6d soo you may get lucky and be able to at least see the HB. Dont get worried it you don't though, as its just too early for many women.
I hope this helps some of you wondering :). Good luck ladies!

Oh thank you!! You're about a week ahead of me.
I was hoping maybe we'd see something more but I'll take what I can get. Still over a week until that anyway. First, tomorrow's 2nd blood test. I hope we pass! I still don't have any crazy symptoms but I'm not stressing about it. How are you feeling?

Oh thank you!! You're about a week ahead of me.
I was hoping maybe we'd see something more but I'll take what I can get. Still over a week until that anyway. First, tomorrow's 2nd blood test. I hope we pass! I still don't have any crazy symptoms but I'm not stressing about it. How are you feeling?

You had great first numbers so I bet your going to see your levels double perfectly, or maybe even every 32hrs like mine! Lol. I thought my one day 3 embryo split bcuz of my high levels but I THINK there's only one. We'll know for sure after the real HB scan.

And I've just barely been hit with morning sickness as of yesterday, 5wk3d. Before then, I had some cramping, ovary pains, VERY sore and full bbs, and some dizzy spells but other then that, I didn't really "feel" pregnant until yesterday. I did have a 24 hr migraine last wk and VERY tired tho, other then that I didn't feel much. I'm sure you'll start feeling more in the next week. Or maybe you'll get lucky like I did with my son and get NO morning sickness...that'd be nice! :) It wasn't until my levels were over 10,000 that I started feeling more pregnant so don't let lack of symptoms worry you at all. I'll be watching for your updates and I'll keep you updated with me as well if you'd like, that way you know what to expect next since we're so close together in this journey! What's your EDD? I'm taking a wild guess...Feb 5th? I just guessed that because its my sons bday, lol. Mine is January 27th.

Oh btw, what "dpo" did you have your first beta on?

I would love it if you kept me posted and I'll do the same - thank you!! It's so very helpful, I feel like I'm in this vacuum right now of 'well I don't want to buy books and jinx everything but I need to know some things like what not to eat, what's GOOD to eat, if there are any other things to avoid or be doing...'. I think I'm good, though - healthy diet and I've been told not to exercise strenuously (even running) until after the first U/S.

I was 14dpo on the first beta/pregnancy test. I asked today what date I should start counting from and she said it was the transfer date. I asked why not the first date of my last period and she said they only said that for people who got preg naturally b/c there was really no way to know EXACTLY when they got preg. But for this, we definitely know. So I guess this is actually the start of my 4th week if the transfer was on 5/17? Explains why I'm not feeling a whole heck of a lot. I am definitely only feeling what you felt - sore boobs that run the gamut from crazy pain to dull/barely there, slight cramping that is worse at night, bloating that gets worse throughout the day, I can fall asleep at the drop of a hat but that's still around normal bedtime, and I find that when I get hungry, that comes on quickly too.

To answer your question, I'm going to ask today about the EDD. I think around there, which would be awesome b/c my mom's bday is 2/4. We haven't told them yet and they are going to FREAK b/c they thought this was a lost cause. :)

Your EDD would still go from 2wks before retrieval. Thats how my doc counted mine and the first u/s lined up EXACTLY. I'm sure they'll go by 2wks before, as well. If you type in your retrieval date on one of the due date predictors, it'll calculate it right for you :). Of course we both know when we really conceived but they do still count that extra 2wks before retrieval. I'm surprised your RE didn't tell you that, but if ur LMP was longer then 2wks before retrieval, thats probably why he/she gave u that advice. Like I had 3wks in my cycle before retrieval but we dont count that first week. U get what I'm saying? I have trouble getting the words out right while I'm typing sometimes, lol, so I'm sorry if I repeated myself multiple times! :haha:

And omgosh, you sound JUST like me! I will not let myself buy baby name books or anything yet! I think I'm going to jinks it! Lol. I said id allow myself to after my first u/s but I've decided id wait until the 2nd u/s now. After going through everything we've been through to get here, its so hard to "know" everything will be ok, u know what I mean? I pray for a healthy LO and thank god for this pregnancy every single day.

Your beta for 14dpo is a nice strong beta. Mine at 11dp3dt (so 14dpo as well) was 201. Maybe you have two LOs in there! How many did you transfer?

yeah, i just used a calculator on babycenter.com and it says 2/3! So we'll go with that for now :) It actually wasn't my RE, it was one of her nurses that really just does the blood draws and other things around the office (she was the one to explain the whole stimming process to us too), so she's not in the weeds of the actual calculations and doesn't give me the call with instructions etc. I love her, though - she said she was SO tickled when I got the call, she was standing there listening to the nurse that does the calls when she called me. So cute.

yeah - if I've learned anything from being on BNB here, it's that so many things can happen between now and 12 weeks, and even rarely sometimes after that. So I'm going to try to maintain normal life for now, not stress, and yes - enjoy and be SOOOOO thankful for the LO I have inside me right now. Our little poppy seed! :) Or seeds, yeah - we transferred 2. How many did you transfer? I have my little embie sonogram that I look at almost daily too! :) I want to tell my folks b/c they've pretty much thought this was a lost cause, but I don't want to tell them AT LEAST until after the first u/s. And my FIL lives with us since he lost my MIL 2 yrs ago, so I really want to tell him too. But I don't want to cause him heartache if we lose it. So mum's the word for now! How about you - have you told anyone yet?

I meant to include that I had some dizzy spells too! Like, head rushes or lightheadness if I got up too quick. But I had one where I was just getting out of my car - no crazy movements or standing too quickly. That was probably the 'biggest' symptom and it was so small, i didn't really consider it at all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->