IVF/ICSI in July

ANGEL223

Reaction score
Well as nobody else seems to have started one, i thought i would give it a go so if anyone would like to join me, please do!

Recap on me - had failed ICSI in Feb/March, male factor but age is an issue for me as im 37 (tick tock and all that!!). Not such a great experience all in all with only 3 eggs, 2 fertilised and both transfered.

Thought i could start a fresh cycle in June but just heard from the clinic that they close for a week over the time of my treatment, putting me into July now - all we seem to do is wait!!

TEST DATES

Kmor - 12th August
Starbright - 13th August
Sammy - 14th August
Baby C- 14th August
Angel - 14th August
Sue -19th August
Spring - 19th August
Deeni - 23rd August
Hopes - 25th August
Bizzy - 30th August
Georgina - TBC

Sammys Embryo Development Link
https://yourembryo.blogspot.com/

Hi Angel - I'm starting ICSI end of june beginning of July depending when AF shows after being brought on my tablets.

I have PCOS and DH has a low count. I'm 28 and DH is 34

xx

ACLIO do you know your protocol yet? I have been changed to short this time (or flare as they call it) - I think i may have seen you mention that on another thread??

I'm on a short protocol. I have my injection training on the 17th June with the nurse. The FS has told me to start taking the tablets a week before my appointment so I can fingers crossed start treatment not long after, depending on AF. I'm so glad I'm on the short protocol I don't think I could cope with the long protocol.

Where are you having treatment? Are you NHS or private?

Hi Angel and Aclio!

I'm hoping to having FET in June/ July. I'm 27 and DP is 32 - I don't have a regular cycle but main issue is male factor.
Had first cycle in Jan/ Feb, 9 eggs collected - 4 fertilized (ICSI). ET was cancelled as I wasn't well after EC. I am now waiting on some test results from the hospital and hopefully will get the go ahead for FET within the next month.

Angel - I know what you mean about the waiting..... I feel like i've spent the last 3 and a half years waiting!!!

Chesca x

chesca - someone else for june/july. Where do you live? Sorry your first cycle was cancelled. I hope it wasn't because of anything serious.

ACLIO im in N Irleland and having private treatment. Honestly, theres not much choice over here but i never went the NHS route as i heard so much bad about it! What about you? Im a bit uncertain about my short protocol but i think tablets for a few days then gonalf injections like i had first time around.

Hi chesca, with a FET do you still have to go through the same injection procedure? Gosh such back luck being ill in the middle of your treatment - hopefully things will go smoother this time around!

I'm going down the NHS route. We did see a private FS who recommended that we went down the NHS route first and get are 1 free go ast ICSI before we considered private. I personnal thought that was very thoughtful of him. He wasn't out to make money he just wanted the best for us. The private FS also works at the NHS hospital and has wrote to our NHS FS as he wants to be kept informed with what is happening.

I must admit I'm not looking forward to the injection part and the EC. I was one of the unlucky few who experienced pain with the HSG so really worried that EC and ET are going to be like that.

Hi everyone - I hope you don't mind me kind of being here. I am currently in the middle of an iui cycle - but if it doesn't work - then it will be ivf in july.

I am in Canada (so private) and have pcos, endo, adenomyosis, have recently had a lap to remove cysts on my ovaries and tubes. During an hsg tubes were shut - but were found open during the lap. FS thinks that ivf will be our only answer due to my endo - but says since I had lap and had tons removed iui is best to try first.

Hiya everyone

Hope you don't mind me butting in.

I have endo and my dh has low sperm count. We have just been referred for ivf/icsi and have my first consultation on Mon so will probably be starting around the same time as you. Feel really excited but worried at the same time. Am just sooo desperate to get going! I am an NHS patient - really lucky in Herts as I get 3 rounds on the NHS.

I will be 37 in June so I can also feel the clock ticking. I feel the same as you guys - have had to wait for so long to get here - it feels like so much time has been wasted. The waiting is just so frustrating!

What is everyone doing to get ready? I am having acupuncture, have a Zita West cd, am eating more fruit and veg and cutting out caffeine and alcohol. (boring!). Can't promise I won't have any alcohol mind!

ACLIO I am also worried about the injections - are they like proper needles? Arghh! Does anyone know why some people have a short protocol and some people have a long protocol? (Though I'm sure they'll explain that to me on Mon.)

Anyway good luck to everyone!

xxxxxx:dust:

AF just started on my first failed IVF cycle...

I will be starting again in July. My doc wants me to go ahead in June, but I have tons going on with flying all over the place, so we are going to push it to July... I am super sad, but hopeful!

Thank s Angel for making the thread! I'm so happy for the girls in the March/April thread who got their BFPs, but now I have to watch them move on as I go through another long wait...

It is what it is...

blue12 - sounds like you've had a tough time. I have PCOS and DH has a low count. I don't know much about endo though. We've been told ICSI is the only way for us. I'm glad that we have found out though. I was going out of my mind whilst we wre ttc. Strangly I've chilled out more now we know.

silarose28 - of course your welcome. It\s not over for you though. Fingers crossed you'll get your BFP so you won't need to join us. I wish you all the best and i've got my fingers crossed for you xx

I have been doing acupuncture for the last two months since my lap. Have also cut out caffiene and extra veggies and fruit. Also really been trying to up my protein intake as many ladies here have said that it helps with growing eggs/follicles. Oh and I take a few supplements from my acu doctor.

:dust: to everyone!

Bebecake, so sorry that first IVF didn't work :hugs: It's great that you can get on with another cycle right away though.

I'm joining the club, first fertility appointment next Saturday (but already saw the consultant under NHS in February). My OH has poor morphology and I am old -medically speaking of course- at 39 1/2 (haven't mentioned half since I was 5 but hey, it does matter in fertility world :). We have no choice but to go private as I already have two children from a previous relationship.

bebecake - sorry about your last ivf cycle. I think this thread is going to be a busy one with BFP at the end xxx

FBbaby - sorry that your having to go private. I think the age thing is stupid. Lots of women have babies in there 40's. Who are the medical profession to judge when you can have help getting your baby. You never know when your going to meet mr right.

I'm keeping everything crossed for all of us ladies xxxxx

I'm having a blow out night tonight before everything kicks off. I've not been drinking for over a month and cut out caffeine etc. It's my friends birthday so all the girls are going out. It would look abit strange if I wasn't drinking I think everyone would assume I was pregnant so I'm going to enjoy myself and left my hair down.

Bebecake - sorry about your last IVf:hugs: Ive got a friend who has just got pregnant on her second cycle and from what she says things are more likely to work second time round as they know so much more about how your body reacts to the drugs. Fx'd it will be a BFP for you this time round.

Enjoy yourself tonight ACLIO. I reckon that a blow out every now and again is a good stress buster anyway! I find it really hard to be healthy all the time! I love cakes and biscuits and am finding it really hard to cut down on them! I also love wine and am really missing it!!

xxxx

I am having FET in June/July. My summary is below, so I just had a failed FET this month. We have 6 blastos on ice so are planning to start down regging on next cycle, so in about 7 weeks.

Lots of new names on this thread, and a few I recognise. Hope its a lucky one :happydance:

Thank you for all of your comments!! It is hard, but I am very hopeful that July will be a good month!!

Caline... We are on the same track! I hope it goes better for the both of us!!!

Wow - great - we have a good wee group going now! Lets hope for BFP's all around! Its great to have support going through all this!

Caline what does the FET involve. Unfortunately i didnt get to the stage - is the procedure the same up to transfer?

Bebecake nice to see you onboard. Im glad you have been able to get going straight away!

ACLIO hope you had a good night out!

FBbaby the NHS rules suck! What age are your kids and how do they feel about another brother/sister?

Blue12 did your clinic suggest the accupuncture? I have heard it mentioned a lot on here but its never been suggested to me?

Sorry if i have forgotten to acknowledge anyone but i will get to know you all over time!

Caline what does the FET involve. Unfortunately i didnt get to the stage - is the procedure the same up to transfer?

I am having another medicated FET, so down reg for about 2 weeks from cycle day 21, then start on oral oestrogen (progynova), to thicken lining. Once lining is think (about 15 days I think), then I start progesterone (cyclogest), then get transfer, finally, a few days later. Its a bit of a long drawn out process but I prefer to have my cycle medicated as I have no faith in my body doing the right thing for a natural FET.

The actual transfer is exactly the same. They thaw on the morning. We have opted for SET so far but may have to reconsider that one this time.

This looks like a good thread. Lots of us to support and share experiences with. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->