IVF odds for younger then 30?!

avenna

Reaction score
The youngest age on the statistics is '35 and under'
Does anybody know if this is because there is no difference in success rate no matter what your age under 35 or is it because not many girls my age have IVF?

HI there,
I am 26 and was told by my RE that being younger gives you better success rate with IVF because your eggs are in better genetic shape than older women. He mentioned that is why in an older patient they might use more than 2 embryos , where as in a younger patient they most likely would not since there is more likelyhood that they embryos would stick. HOpe this helps.

Hi huni, firstly I want to say huge good luck to you with your ICSI, generally speaking the success rates are fairly good & the younger you are the better, I was 22 when we had our first ICSI, 23 for my 2nd attempt & plan starting my 3rd try early next year.

xxxx

Thank you both!
Not sure if I'm clutching at straws but any little bit of added hope helps eh?!

Wannabmum thanks for sharing. Do you mind if I ask, how come your ICSI cycles where so far apart? xx

Hi huni, Of course I dont mind our first cycle was private and when that didn't work we knew it was about time for our NHS funded treatment so waited off for that we got BFP but m/c at 4+6 so I wanted to give us some time to get our heads together again before trying again we had originally planned on going threw ICSI again in Nov 09 but when was coming close I didnt feel ready yet so postponed till the start of the year, in the mean time my sis unexpectedly found out she was preg again she didnt want another child but said would go threw with preg id DH & I were willing to adopt baby so we canceled treatment (planned on trying again when lo was about 1 & half or 2) the baby was born in Aug & was with dh & I for 3 weeks only for her to change her mind(long story short) so we want time to get emotionally strong before trying again.

xxxx
Thank you both!
Not sure if I'm clutching at straws but any little bit of added hope helps eh?!

Wannabmum thanks for sharing. Do you mind if I ask, how come your ICSI cycles where so far apart? xx

that's one heck of a story...you are very strong. How you keep going is amazing!
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->