IVF with PGD

Sweetkat

Reaction score
Don't know when I am starting yet.

Had my day 3 tests and they are as follows:

AMH 38
FSH 4.3
Estradiol 128

OH had 52% DNA fragmentation. I get pregnant naturally every time we have unprotected sex but have had 3 MMCs. The suggested solution we have been given is IVf with IMSI with PGD (at least 2 of the losses were chromosomal which could be due to DNA fragmentation.

No other known issues with me (and have a DD) apart from slightly elevated NK cells. I am scared of doing IVF and if they say low chance of success as sperm is so bad may go for IUI with donor sperm (but that would be weird too).

I think the day 3 results are ok. Have a test to see if any obstructions in the uterus/ polyps etc (I forget the name) on Friday and then consultation re IVF on 7 Feb.

Will keep you all updated :)

Hello ladies, I am really torn re whether to do IVF and whether it will help.

History - I am mid 30s OH is early 50s. We have 3 year old DD.

Been trying to conceive number 2 since September 2015. Between September 2015 and May 2016 I got pregnant 1/2 cycle 3 times and miscarried between weeks 8-11 three times. First loss we have no idea what was wrong. Second loss was chromosomal but wasn't sent away for testing, third loss was Down's syndrome.

We then had every test done:
- blood clotting - normal
- thyroid - normal
Nk cells - slightly elevated
Karyotype for me and OH - normal
Me - fSH, AMH, esteadiol and follicle count (ovarian reserve test), shows have good fertility and large egg reserve.

OH - bad morphology (6% normal, and sperm DNA fragmentation between 44 and 52%).

We could do IVF with PGS or IVF with ICSI with IMSI with PGS but Drs can't guarantee it will be ok and give an advantage ov

Over trying naturally.

So I am really torn :(. I don't want more miscarriages which are likely because of the bad sperm parameters but I don't want to do IMSI (because they can select the sperm with good morphology but they can't look inside to see whether the DNA is fragmented.

Also, because of my high egg reserve and one ovary being polycysic looking I am at risk of OHSS if I ivf. So they have to put me on very low stims. But apparently the eggs might be immature then :(

Other option is to try naturally or do donor sperm IUI or do regular IVF (not ICSI with IMSI) but also PGS.

Any thoughts very welcome.

Oh, I also had a chemical in December and this month started having unprotected sex again (apart from once in December we didn't have unprotected sex since last MMC).

I've had 2 miscarriages and 3 chemical pregnancies, most of them probably chromosomal but 2 of the chemicals were with normal embryos (chromosomally normal BUT slow growers so I had a bad feeling about them).

I'm a big believer in PGS, I credit it for having my son. I get pregnant with every IVF transfer, I've also gotten pregnant 2x naturally so it's not the BFP that's the issue, it's finding the one elusive good embryo. At the end of the day it's math and the more you can help your odds, the less grief you will have long term.

Thank you so much for your reply. I will have a look at your journal too.

My dr also says that both IMSI and PGS is too new to be evidence based and yet they have the best results for IVF in the UK (or one of the best) and they recommend IMSI for DNA fragmentation over 30% and PGS sometimes for multiple miscarriages.

When is your next FET? I will read your journal and then probably come back and ask you questions :)

Good luck in your next cycle/ FET.

I have to do a fresh cycle as I have no PGS normal embryos left in the freezer. Will cycle in a couple of weeks. :)

A friend of mine has been recommended undergoing ivf with PGS NGS, as she experienced multiple mcs. She gave birth to a healthy baby a few months ago. Good luck

Thank you - I am going to see yet another consultant tomorrow before I decide which clinic I go with.

I really hope this is the answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->