• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Jabs - Who Held Your Little One ?

Tinylo

Mum to 2 boys
Reaction score
I'm really worried that Lewis will hate mumy after he's had his jabs. :hissy:

He'll hate me if I hold him and let someone stick a big needle in him or
he'll hate me for not stopping the nurse from sticking a big needle in him (if I get her to hold him)

I don't know which would be better :cry::cry:

What did you all do and what was your LO like with you after??

Thanks.

My mum holds her and I rush in to the rescue after. She settles as soon as I take her.

I held her and she was fine, well she was upset at the jags but fine with me. She was giving the nurse dirty looks though :)

I had to get OH to have a day off to hold carly for her jabs for the first year :blush:
But i know hold them myself , it doesnt bother me anymore as i know they will be fine 2 mins later!

My OH holds my LO and i stand right outside the door and as soon as i hear that scream i run in and give him a big tight cuddle xx

I'm thinking I might have to let the nurse hold him, then run in and make him all better with lots of cuddles. :hugs:

I'm gonna be a nervous wreck by this afternoon :dohh:

I held her and she was fine, well she was upset at the jags but fine with me. She was giving the nurse dirty looks though :)

Same! :lol: Joseph cried before he even had his done, i think he may have recognized the nurses!

OH did it every time because i get too upset seeing the needles stick in his legs. i stood behind OH, and my LO only cried for a few second. ( even though i couldn;t look at the needle,lol)

I held her. My mom was willing to but I thought that after the fact hopefully she would remember that mommy was there to make it all better. And when they were done all 4 shots and we went to the wait room she got boobie so it didn't matter too much any more. I was ready to cry during the whole ordeal though.

I held him and my DH stood next to him and attempted to divert his attention with a rattle!! He still cried, I cuddled him and then fed him and he promptly fell asleep!!

Later that afternoon, we had a long 2 hour snuggle together, and then he woke up a proper grumpy monkey!!! Think the injections were starting to take effect, but the whole being prodded and poked was all forgotten pretty much straight away.

MIL held Seth for first two lots as I couldnt bear it, and my OH did it last time. He was fine with both of them afterwards, btu they couldnt settle him straight after, I had to do that. But once he calmed down he was fine with them

xxx

DH holds him as the freaking nurse almost jabbed me last time lol

DH holds him as the freaking nurse almost jabbed me last time lol

:rofl::rofl:

Well we've been, he's been jabbed and fingers crossed he's ok. I held him cus I felt sooo bad I didn't want to let him go. He cried briefly (that heart wrenching cry where they go bright red but no sound comes out cus they're screaming so hard) :cry: then calmed down a bit when I gave him lots of kisses, cuddles and his bottle.

He's been asleep since we got back, about 2 hours now. He doesn't usually sleep for that long during the day, do you think it might be because of the jabs??

He's been asleep since we got back, about 2 hours now. He doesn't usually sleep for that long during the day, do you think it might be because of the jabs??

Yeah I'm sure it will be. He'll be right as rain tomorrow.

Most of the jabs, I've done on my own as DH has been at work. It was pretty chaotic as I got them weighed at the same time. So...strip off.... weigh....dress back up a bit....stick with a needle...scream horrid scream....quick cuddle ...get dressed ...plonk back into buggy ...repeat with baby 2 while baby 1 whimpers.

I took my Mum with me for the MMR jabs and I made her hold Charlotte as she can do the heart-wrenching cry in a more heart-wrenching way than Tom. LOL! Thank god there's nothing more till they're 3 now.

I always held them as I was the one to take them in and Dan was usually working.

with alexas first set of needles, i was scared she would be angry with me, but also i could not watch the doctor give her the needles, and neither could oh since he is scared of needles, so the doctor managed her on her own. the second set was easier and i held her.

awww its a scary thing those needles and it will sting for a minute but bubs will be OK!!! He might feel better if his mommy is close by when it happens. Don't worry yourself it's really not as big a deal as it seems :) :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"