Jac Burton - 15/10/2009 1.45am 10lbs 13oz

RaeRae

Mum of 2!!
Reaction score
I went to clinic on the 13th of October hoping to be given a date for my c section. I had a growth scan and it was decided that Jac needed to come out sooner than originally planned so I was booked in for an elective section on thursday the 15th. The consultant wanted me to have steriods because of my diabetes it can effect the baby's lung maturity. I had to go into hospital that day. Over tuesday and wednesday I just did nothing, had a lot of needles and waited.

On wednesday night I had been thinking that he wasn't moving as much so the student midwife said she would get me on a monitor. Well it turned out that I wasn't having braxton hicks I was actually having full really intense contractions and they were getting worse. The worst thing was that Jac's heart rate was dipping after each contraction. They called the doctors down and they said I had to go in for a section that night. I called OH and thank god we only live 5 minutes from the hospital coz he got there really fast.

I was taken down to theatre and they couldn't find Jac's heart beat. I was absolutely terrified. I thought he was gone. The midwives were brilliant and trying so hard to reassure me but I could see by their faces they were worried.

I had a spinal done and then I was lying on the table and the screen went up. They picked up Jac's heart beat again so I knew he was still alive which was the biggest relief ever.

Next thing I knew my baby boy was born! All I could hear was 'LOOK AT THE SIZE OF HIM!!'. Then I heard him cry and it was so amazing. They took him out and got him breathing and he was just so so perfect I couldn't believe it. They said 'You can hold him but it might be hard for you to breath with him on your chest' but sod that I wanted my baby!! The put him on my chest while they stitched me up and me and Shane couldn't get over how gorgeous he looked!

They took him off and weighed him, 10lbs 13oz!!! He peed on the midwife hahaha!

Then I had my perfect baby boy and I can't believe how much I love him. He's amazing.

jac!.jpg

His big sister is smitten too!!!!

jacnzo.jpg

I'm so proud of Zoe. She absolutely adores him. She's an excellent big sister and I can't believe how big she is now!!!

I cried so much writing this hahahaha!

Aww that must have been terrifying for you at times hun :hugs: I am so glad everything turned out okay, and he is scrummy!! :thumbup:

Congratulations.

He is so gorgeous RaeRae :) I'm so glad everything went well for you and :eek: at his size bless him :hugs:

He is beeootiful :hugs:

Congratulations!

Congratulations for your baby boy! My son born on same day as yours! :) Congrats again x

I said it before but will say it again :wohoo: he is absolutely divine!!! Glad Zoe is excited too - bet that is all she has talked about in school!

I see what you mean when you said scary birth story - so pleased it came good though hun. I am guessing you are home now, hope you are all settling in well xx

wot a gorg pic with his big sis !!! massive congrats :D

oh raerae he is so gorgeous, what a whopper though, bet your glad you didnt have to push him out.

Congratulations RaeRae. he's lovely and that is a gorgeous pic of Zoe and Jac xx

Awwww Rach i cried reading this hahahah how sad am i !? lmao , i have his presents here !!! xxxx

loves <3

Oh Rae, he's so cute and so is his big sis, congrats to you all. xx

ah hun thats amazing i feel like a virtual auntie im so porud of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he is stunning xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->