Jacob David Nigel Hartley - Born At 36+1 Gestation By Induction Due To SHROM

Sofiekirsten

Proud Mummy To Jacob
Reaction score
This maybe quite long so I suggest putting your feet up with a cuppa! :coffee:

So on Wednesday 1st June I had to go to my local hospital to have a doppler scan due to 5 episodes of reduced movement, at the scan it was noticed that I had low amniotic fluid and they wanted to keep me in over night.

So at 2pm I went home to pack an over night bag and just stick a couple more things into my hospital bag 'just in case' (little did I know that I would need it!)

So I got to the hospital and stayed in over night and at 11pm that evening my waters broke! I couldn't believe it! I thought I had pee'd myself so I asked the midwife to have a look.....

Now the next morning I was seen by a stupid amount of doctors and consultants to work out what to do with me as I was only 36 weeks and 1 day.

Eventually they decided to induce me as I was at risk of getting an infection so at 2pm that afternoon I was given the prostin pessary and after being monitored for 30 mins I was able to go for a walk around the hospital where I started getting really bad cramps in the top of my legs.

I got back to the ward and decided to bounce on my birthing ball for a while when I noticed that I as having to breath through the pain and the midwife was looking at me as if to say you wimp! so she said she would do an internal which I agreed to and I was 2-3cm!

So in an hour and a half from having the prostin I had started contacting and dilating! little did I know how bad the contractions where going to be....They then decided to look to see if my contractions where regular and my god were they regular....Infact I was having them ontop of each other so I would contract for 40 seconds and then get a 10 second break and have another one!

So they decied to send me up to the labour ward where I was given gas & air and was feeling rather good! I was eating chips and gravy at the same time sucking on the gas & air. I can't remember what time it was but I was checked again and I was 5cm! :happydance:

So they decied they would try and break my waters and my god there was loads of it! I started crying when she broke them because I realised he was going to come either that day or early hours of the morning!

Once my waters had been broken the pain stepped up a notch and I was starting to find it difficult to breath through them on the gas & air and eventually I gave in and had some diamorphine (which is crap!) It sent me to sleep inbetween my contractions and didn't take the pain away.

Eventually I was given one more injection of diamorphine 2 hours later but I was still struggling.

At 11pm on the 1st June I cried for the epidural (which I really didn't want but I just couldn't cope anymore) - Little did I know this was transition!
at 12pm they came in to put my epidural in which was so painful because I had to sit in a stupid position! Finally they wre done and I got some relief until I realised I could still feel my contractions!

They realised I had a window on my left side that hadn't filled so they made me move so it would fill and after 10 mins I was pain free!

So 15 mins later the midwife decided she had better check me because she didn't do it before having the epidural put in....she didn't even have to do an internal because his head was just there!

Now at this stage I had no idea when I was contracting so the midwife had to inform me when I was having one and with each contraction I would do 4 massive pushes.

After just 45 minutes of pushing Jacob David Nigel Hartley was born ay 00:54am on 2nd June 11' weighing 6lbs 1oz at just 36 Weeks and 1 day and 12 hours of labour.

He didn't cry when he was born and he didn't cry when he had his vitimin k injection which worried me but he was fine just abit sleepy from the diamorphine but otherwise he was just beautiful!

DH cut his cord and was put straight onto my chest and then checked over.

apgar scores at 3mins was 8 and at 5 mins was 9 and I ended up with a smal graze.

Because he was classed as a prem baby the 'baby doctor' came to see him and did some checks and took his blood sugar levels which came back at 2.1 which is really low so I latched him on the breast. They then took blood from his heel :cry: to be sent off.

The next morning I was told that he had jaundice so he had to go into a bedside cot under some heat lamps to try and get rid of his jaundice but at the next blood test it had gone up.

I also had to be given anti-biotics to cover me for infection because I had spontaneous hind rupture of membranes.

Eventually we put him in an incubator and doubled his phototheraphy and finally after 3 days in hospital his levels were considered normal for a prem baby and we could go home!

I have fed him on the breast since he was born but since getting home I have really struggled with it and moved on to FF but he is much more settled now.

Just a couple of pictures of my little man!

Just Born!
DSCF0237.jpg

Me and Jacob
DSCF0238.jpg

Me, Daddy & Jacob
DSCF0240.jpg

Jacob At 1 Day Old!
DSCF0258.jpg

Well done sofie,congratulations.He is gorgeous.x

Congratulations! He is beautiful, you must be on cloud 9 :)

Congratulations SK!!! Well done! He is beautiful!! :hugs:

Congratulations and well done, he is gorgeous

congratulations SK, he is just gorgeous

Beautiful - Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh my gosh, you had your little boy! Congratulations!! :happydance: xx

Wow, congratulations hun, he's absoloutely gorgeous!!!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads