jacuzzi tub or birth pool

Jtiki

Reaction score
I plan to give birth at a free standing birth center. They have two birth rooms to choose from. And provided neither is occupied at the time of delivery, I can choose either. One basically looks like a master bedroom and the other like a master bathroom. I'm trying to decide which is a better choice. Do you have any experience with either of the following?

One room has a jacuzzi tub, similar to one you would find in a regular house. It has multiple jets. It's too small to deliver in. It would be very awkward for OH to even sit next to me on the outside of the pool. This room also has a private shower stall. Midwife tells me this room is the more popular choice, and that must women just sit in the jacuzzi it to relax, but for the actual delivery they get out and squat on a birthing stool. Men appreciate the shower if the labor gets long or messy.

The other room is set up as a spacious bedroom. It has a traditional inflatable tub with plenty of room around it. Midwife says some women deliver in the pool, some in the bed, and others on the stool. Some women intend to deliver in the pool, but find it difficult to feel the right time to push while in the water so they end up getting out. There is a private toilet but no shower. It's also a smaller room than the other one. But I'm not planning on any family attending so the room size is not that important.

Which would you choose?

id opt for the bedroom tbh i hated not having soft things around to lean into or lie on with my last 2 births ( both in hospitals )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->