James' Entrance 11-13-2009

MrsChamberlin

Mother of 3
Reaction score
With a second to breathe, I decided to write up James' birth story real quick.
The day before I went into labor, I had my 37 Week appointment with my OB/GYN. She did a quick check, because at my last appointment she found that I was 1cm dilated. At this appointment she found me to be 3cm dilated. We joked that I could go into labor that night or just sit there at 3cm for the next 3-4 weeks. All in all wasn’t a bad appointment and James was doing well.
That night I was having some harder contractions like every night, but they didn’t seem to be regular, and they ended soon after they started. I thought nothing of it.
The morning was normal, I woke Charity for school, got her showered, dressed, fed, and on the bus. I woke Adam and we joked about him not getting the day off because I wasn’t in labor. He went off to work. Alyssa got up at about 8:30am and I went to the bathroom after getting her something to eat. I noticed I was having a little bit of show, which is normal after a check. Then I had a lot of pink watery discharge, so I started thinking this might be my water breaking. I called the doctor, was told it probably was not my water breaking, and it was probably just a slow start to labor.
I must have went back and forth to the bathroom 20 times in the next 2 hours. Every time I went I noticed I was still “leaking” and that the show I was having before was getting worse.
I called Adam at work and told him that I was almost positive that my water had broken and he needed to get home.
At 11:00am I was standing talking to Josh and Adam, then just gush. There it was, I knew for sure now that my water had gone and labor was upon me.
Adam and I headed to the hospital, got checked in, and went to our room in labor and delivery. I was still not feeling any contractions what so ever, but was found to be at 5cm and about 70% thinned. Good to know! :D
So I am walking around for a few hours, get checked again and I am 8cm and 90% about an hour and a half later. So yay, we are well on our way and I should be pushing soon, right?!
NOT!!!!!
Labor stalled, I went 2 hours with NO CHANGE what-so-ever!! My contractions had pretty much stopped.
They started the labor inducing meds about 3:30pm. By 7pm they had upped the dose so much I was in EXTREME pain. By 8pm I was throwing up and shaking through contractions.
By 9pm James had FINALLY pushed his head through and got my cervix to dilate to 10.
So at 9pm I started pushing. I was crying, trying to give up, I was in so much pain. It hurt so much to push. So luckily it only took 3 strong pushes to get him to come into the world.
The feeling when they laid him up on my chest, oh I was so much in love.
I had a “natural” birth, I did not use any pain medication. I was so surprised with myself honestly. I made it through the pain and came out the other side with this beautiful baby boy.

I love him so much already and I am horribly overprotective. :p

Attachments

• 1182.jpg
    1182.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 68
  • James Ethan 3 days old 013.jpg
    James Ethan 3 days old 013.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 68
YOU ROCK! What a great inspirational birth story! I am so excited! You should be so proud. I had all natural with DS and you feel like you want to give up, but something helps us go all the way! I am glad you didn't have complications and I will be over protective too! LOL! YEAHHH for your baby! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->