♡ January Snowdrops 2019 ♡

Kiwi, you made me want to go back and look at the bill.

09/10/2018 X-Ray Services $425.00
- $259.52 * this portion of charge disallowed by insurance
$165.48 * allowable charge for ultrasound
$140.48 * actual insurance payout
$25.00 * my copay

Healthcare is so expensive! So these private scans are only $75? That's interesting.

Last edited:
Kiwi, you made me want to go back and look at the bill.

09/10/2018 X-Ray Services $425.00
- $259.52 * this portion of charge disallowed by insurance
$165.48 * allowable charge for ultrasound
$140.48 * actual insurance payout
$25.00 * my copay

Healthcare is so expensive! So these private scans are only $75? That's so interesting.

We have a place called 4D mommies here. :) It's nice. It's all they do is 4D ultrasounds...they don't tell you anything about the anatomy. It is just for enjoyment and they are long scans too.

We had a "baby bump studio" here that did the scans and keepsakes for $75 but they closed. The closest place now is almost an hour away and nearly twice as expensive! Fortunately my dr's machine does it and he said if i want 3/4d pics just ask him and he'll do it for free! I'll ask at my next u/s (vba2c risk assessment ultrasound). I think he was going to try at my anatomy scan but baby had his face smooshed into my cervix lol couldn't get a good shot of his face.

Has everyone got their baby's name already? I haven't.

That really stinks you guys have to pay for scans. I guess that's one the few good things about living in Canada.

I have a first name picked, I've wanted this name since before I started having children for a little boy. I'm letting my boyfriend pick the middle name that we both agree on obviously. He wants to take a lot of time and put some thought into it.

I wish we could move to Canada but I know the father of my two beautiful girls wouldn't want to, neither would his mom and I want them all to have a good relationship with my girls.

Nova: how are you feeling hun? How's little baby Cleo?

Kiwi - congrats on being team blue! That’s so exciting.

Cleo is doing good-ish. She keeps being stable day by day but there are long term concerns that are common with super young preemies. Like, her lungs are underdeveloped so they are concerned about her oxygen intake and she has a brain bleed that may or may not need surgery when she’s bigger (right now it’s just something they keep an eye on and could heal on its own). So it’s just a lot of things to worry about...but day to day she’s good. We just really need her to rest and grow, it’s a waiting game. All we can do is wait...wait...and wait.

Nova- stable is a beautiful place to be with such a little baby!

Kiwi- welcome to team blue!

So on Wednesday I tripped and fell while pumping gas and I fractured my right upper arm. So this kinda sucks.

Thank you ladies!!

Nova: I'm so glad little Cleo is stable & doing well. She's a strong little girl just like her mama. Riya had 2 small brain bleeds as well and they did heal. I'm hoping little Cloe's heals too. :hugs:

Ersurgeongirl: oh no!! How are you feeling hun?? I'm so sorry that happened to you. How long do you have to have the cast on? Is baby ok?? That fall must have been so scary too :hugs:.

Nova- stable is a beautiful place to be with such a little baby!

Kiwi- welcome to team blue!

So on Wednesday I tripped and fell while pumping gas and I fractured my right upper arm. So this kinda sucks.

All the best to a speedy recovery & hope it's all better before baby comes.
Falling scares me especially now that it's getting colder pretty soon there will be snow!

I wasn't getting notices for this thread -.- how frustrating!

Ers oh no! Did you know right away you did something serious to it?

Molly we have our first named picked, Myles, but no middle name figured out. We have always struggled with the boys' names!

Kiwi don't keep us in suspense! What's the name???

Nova fx she continues to do well. How are YOU feeling? Are all your symptoms gone? I know you were feeling physically pretty horrid when you had to deliver.

So I remember tripping and falling but my brain blacked out everything fora few seconds until after I landed, which is a neat little brain trick. I knew I fucked it up when I couldn’t push myself up so I laid there for a second doing a mental head to toe check to see what worked. I fell on my left side to my left hand/knee/toes are all scraped up. My right arm hit the metal pole next to the pump and the curb around the base of the pump. I called my husband and told him I think I broke my arm and I’m driving myself to the hospital. He didn’t know how serious it was... I mean, who drives themselves to the hospital with a broken arm?

I rested the broken arm on the arm rest in the car and held on to the chest strap of the seat belt to hold everything steady while I drove with the left hand. Thankfully the ER has a free valet who took the car for me and then the hubby met me at home to help me turn off the engine.

Im in a hard clamshell like cast that goes over the shoulder and fracture. When the ER doc said I did a good job, he wasn’t kidding LOL

Unfortunately, this kind of fracture is hard to heal and my arm may never be perfectly straight again unless I do surgery. Surgery is a last resort right now because I’m pregnant.

C133C1B2-1CF4-42FA-A839-9801F75A4C6B.jpeg

Ersu - dang girl! That’s crazy. I hope your arm does heal normally without surgery. Poor mama take care of yourself.

Kiwi - that’s good to know. Hearing about success stories really makes me feel better.

Giggle - I’m doing okay. Each day is different though. I was really emotional earlier this week and last week but I feel a little more balanced. My csection still hurts, it feels like nerves are starting to heal and sending messages to my brain like “hello I’m here!” I’ve never had a csection before so I’m not sure if this is all normal. Plus we are out of state right now at the children’s hospital in Salt Lake City so I can’t see my normal doctor. But I’m sure it’s fine. I can always see someone down here if I get concerned.

Cleo is doing good, her brain bleed isn’t getting worse and that’s good. We want it to stay the same or get better. She just needs to grow. But doctors and nurses are encouraged by her continued stability. She’s a strong little peanut.

Ers holy crap!!! The human body is so amazing yet fragile! So is your dominant arm the broken one? Ugh what a freak and unfortunate accident.

Nova I've had 2 EMC's and both times the skin above the incision completely lost sensation. It was numb for months and even now has an odd sensation when touched. Not bad or anything but like the feeling never completely returned. I imagine it's different for everyone and it would not be unheard of to feel some weirdness during the the healing process. C-sections are a very major surgery, as I am sure you know!

Ouch ER! Can't believe you drove yourself to hospital too! I know you said it will more than likely never be the same without surgery but hopefully it will be healed enough it won't cause you any issues in labour or carrying with your newborn!

Nova, Cleo being stable is so positive, especially for being born at 23 weeks and 5 days. She is so strong. Take care of yourself because it's easy to forget about yourself in stressful situations:hugs:

Last edited:
ER: how are you doing hun?

Nova: Cleo is such a strong girl, I'm so happy she's stable and doing well. Like the others have said, don't forget to take care of yourself hun. Maybe go get your nails done or a nice new hair trim. Sometimes even the smallest things can be a big lift in spirits. By the way I hope you don't mind me asking but when was Little Cleo born exactly? I wanted to add it to the list.

How are the rest of you lovely ladies doing? I've been so busy with the kids and so tired :sleep:.

We get our recliner today!!!

So we went to buy buy baby and looked at the recliners but I’m like $600+?!? Eff that. So we went to La-z-boy because that’s what they are known for... old man recliners. Due to it being Columbus Day, they had a huge sale... the recliner was $799 and it was on sale for $399! $99 for delivery and taxes made it $530something but it has a lifetime warranty. It also rocks and will match the rest of the living room.

I’m so excited to possibly get some decent sleep... the orthopedic surgeon said I need to sleep upright to let gravity pull my arm bones down so they can heal properly. I also ordered an over the bed hospital table so I’m hoping I can be more productive while teleworking in my new chair.

I go back to the orthopedic surgeon next week for more x-rays.

Here’s some brutal pictures a week after the injury... my armpit and ribs are bruised (doesn’t hurt- just blood coagulation from the break), and my arm is bruised down past my elbow.

1F6402F6-2AD6-4007-B2C6-6960D8B40A7A.jpeg 9DE2FF6F-9359-4357-8244-BB2663A3BBB5.jpeg

5A8D6A7C-44A7-4115-9695-8354BE155B87.jpeg 25 weeks today!! Crazy how quick things seem to be going. Did my glucose test today and I’ll find out Monday the results of that. This little man moves all the time, it’s so cool to watch him. I also can’t believe how much I feel like I grew in just two weeks. This baby sure is making me huge lol. My sciatica has been killing me and making walking hard and with being a nurse I am constantly on my feet. Hope you all are doing well.

View attachment 1045243 25 weeks today!! Crazy how quick things seem to be going. Did my glucose test today and I’ll find out Monday the results of that. This little man moves all the time, it’s so cool to watch him. I also can’t believe how much I feel like I grew in just two weeks. This baby sure is making me huge lol. My sciatica has been killing me and making walking hard and with being a nurse I am constantly on my feet. Hope you all are doing well.

Me too feeling extra huge this week. It's starting to get tricky MacGyvering into clothes, bending over, etc etc. Third tri is just around the corner. (This cold dry weather isn't helping my skin is soooooo itchy!) But baby's movement is amazing and getting stronger! Gotta love those random kicks to the bladder!

Er- I hope the recliner finds you some more comfort and rest at this time-- I've never fractured an arm but only my leg and I can't imagine being pregnant with a broken limb!

Nova I hope your little one is doing well. She's such a tough girl! Blessings..

Hope everyone else is doing great as well.

26w2d pic today

26wks.jpg

Ersu - good deal on th recliner. I love finding deals like that. Plus it’s gonna last way longer than on from Buy Buy Baby, I can promise you that.

Nice bumps, ladies. I’m a little jealous I can’t experience the third trimester. Even though it’s uncomfortable and hard I can’t help but feel a little cheated. Keep your babies safe and sound and enjoy every kick.

Kiwiberry- Cleo was born on 9/21/18 which is exactly 10 days after my 5 year old’s birthday. I can’t believe I have another September baby. It’s truly surreal.

Lovely bumps ladies!!!

Nova: I know how you feel hun, I'm hoping with my third baby I can actually experience what it's like to give birth full term. The feeling of being cheated never goes away at least it didn't for me, I still feel that way to this day. Many :hugs: for you hun. Have you been able to hold little Cleo yet? I forget what the actual wait Milestone is exactly but I think it's somewhere between 3 & 4 lb, you'll be able to start buying little preemie clothes for her to wear in the NICU. I used to just bring in a bag full of clean clothes and they would change her everyday. They will tell you when she's getting low on clothes so you can wash them.

Last edited:
Just found out I failed my 1 hour glucose test so now I have to do the 3 hour one. Not happy but oh well, my doctor said based off of my numbers she thinks I’ll pass the 3 hour no problem. Fingers crossed that’s the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->