Jason Kane's Early & Speedy Arrival

2ndHeartbeat

Jason 2y;Expecting again!
Reaction score
Friday the 12th of March (36w5d) was pretty much like any other day. Literally two days after my doc's appointment at which I was told I was no longer required to be on bed rest. I was out with my OH shopping sort of in celebration of my ability to be up and around.

Around 3pm (give or take) still at the store, I started having a dull ache in my lower back. I thought it was simply from all the walking/standing that I was doing after all the bedrest. We came home and the pain was getting so intense that I posted a question here concerning back labor. I didn't think that could be it though, seeing as it was a constant dull ache and no contractions or anything of the like.

Anyway I end up on my bed on all fours rocking back and forth trying to ease the pain a bit. I went to use the loo and found that my underoos were a little wet... like water wet. I wasn't willing to really believe it was the start of anything until, in the midst of changing my underoos, I had this little drip drip drip from down there. I put a towel on a chair and sat down to make the call to the OB when my waters all came at once.

I made the call and they said to head up to L&D. That's an hour drive. About ten minutes after leaving the house, the ache became an excruciating pain that came in waves (and didn't relent much in between, back labor is the WORST!) So I'm contracting and leaking constantly on the drive up to the hospital, I get there and my butt is SOAKED lol, and we run into the ER entrance and pretty much shout to the triage window that we were in labor! We get wheeled up to the 5th floor and there are about three nurses waiting in a room for me.

I get into the bathroom to get changed, I use the loo, and behold - blood! Ahhh! So I get in bed and get checked... 9 CENTIMETERS!!! No joke! I'm laying in the bed begging for pain killers and then it hits me - 9cm! No time for pain relief! I gave up at that point. I just laid there crying begging my OH to make them give me pain killers. At this point there are about five nurses there and the doctor comes in to check me. Agrees with the nurses on the whole 9cm thing, and leaves. The nurse then tells me it's time to push. Push?! I knew I was going to die there in that bed. I didn't think I was, I knew I was.

I did the pushing through the contractions because it felt like it eased them a little, and at that point since I had mentally given up on the labor, I was only pushing to make the pain feel less intense hahaha. After only a few contractions/pushes I could feel someone stretching my lady parts in an unholy way, showing my mother and OH the head. Haha, the head was visible. I was just pretty much ready to die still. I laid there and imagined a child coming out of me with no preparation and no pain killers. That simply registered as IMPOSSIBLE to me.

In the end, Jason Kane arrived at 7:59pm and I was suddenly a hero in my own mind. He needed absolutely no NICU care and was only in the nursery for about an hour after birth. I still can't believe I did it. :shrug:

Here are some pictures, the first from the day he was born, the rest are random throughout his first few weeks. :)

https://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/122/l_c98cae9ee96642208e4921e10ad06182.jpg

https://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/122/l_da419c313e514c7aa755a9a9527efc8d.jpg

https://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/84/l_c3c4923d2ffa4de1b32ca57f62d94412.jpg

https://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/78/l_6d1eea8d13364d8eaad691d13f80b634.jpg

wow that's a shocking but lovely story!! I'd love to do it with no pain relief because i'd be so proud of myself but no chance of that happening - gas and air for me haha

well done and he is so handsome!!

Congratulations, he is adorable x

Congratulations :) He is beautiful and such a great weight for being so early

He's beautiful! What a shocking labour though ~ causing mischief for momma already!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->