Jaundice

Jenny

Mami of 2
Reaction score
So the nurse came by yesterday to check on Isis and me and she noticed she was a bit yellow. She told me to keep a watch on it and make sure it doesn't go below her face and it hasn't, it actually looks better today. But she had to come by today again and poke her little foot again :cry:as yesterdays results came back positive for it in the umbilical blood. Apparently, because I'm O+ and she's A+ that our blood clumps together so the red blood cells take longer for to leave her body and when that happens the jaundice might get worse. So I have to wait another 3 hours to get the results back in and if they're high I have to go back to the hospital with her, so she can be put under the lights :cry:. I was really hoping not having to go back there so this really sucks, and its going to be for 24 hours at least and 48 hours if its really bad. I know its for the best but its getting to me and I've been all weepy over it. I really hope the results come back normal. :cry:

:hugs:

I hope she doesn't have to go back :hugs:

:happydance: Semi good news! She said the results came back at 2.2 (honestly don't know what that means) but apparently thats not high enough for her to go to the hospital. I still have to continue to watch it and they'll be checking in tomorrow to see if it hasn't gotten any worse. I just have to keep feeding her lots and hoping she pees and poos a lot too. So YAY for not needing to go to the hospital, I'm a happy mama :cloud9:.

Just can't help but feel paranoid though :dohh:

Glad things are looking up hun, Kaya had jaundice so we were kept in for an extra two days. Wasn't a great experience

OH MY GOD! GIRL 2.2 is great in the jaundice world, let me tell you about Rylee.

Two days after she was born they tested her.... her levles were at 5, so the next day..... which was the day we where due to go home they wanted to re test her. She hit 7 so before the would let her go they wanted to do another test later that day...6 hrs later she hit 13.5! but they let her come home but I had to bring her back the next day..... then she hit 14 so I had to bring her back the following day. ::SIGHS:: she hit 14.2.... they told me. "Take her home. strip her down and put her in the sun.... flip her for a min. or two, don't let her get to hot and do this as much as you can in 3 days and then bring her back"

So I did that, and took her back in 3 days.... she scored 10.5 So then they said ok its going down bring her back in two weeks... that was the 7th of this month, mean while I was still putting her in the sun.... the test on the 7th she scored 8.

I have been fighting this crap since the day she was born. and its still not over yet. I have to go have her tested next week again. Her poor little feet don't look so pretty. Although I am happy its going down. I asked what the long term effects are from it, and boy was I sorry.

They said most cases go away by the 2ed week of life (here I am with a month old) and it goes all the way up to 50 and when it starts hitting 15-20 they would give us a light because if it gets to high it can reach the brain causing slowed motor skills and all that non fun stuff.....

UGH! I just cant wait till its all over.... So just try to get your little one in the sun when you can.

OH MY GOD! GIRL 2.2 is great in the jaundice world, let me tell you about Rylee.

Two days after she was born they tested her.... her levles were at 5, so the next day..... which was the day we where due to go home they wanted to re test her. She hit 7 so before the would let her go they wanted to do another test later that day...6 hrs later she hit 13.5! but they let her come home but I had to bring her back the next day..... then she hit 14 so I had to bring her back the following day. ::SIGHS:: she hit 14.2.... they told me. "Take her home. strip her down and put her in the sun.... flip her for a min. or two, don't let her get to hot and do this as much as you can in 3 days and then bring her back"

So I did that, and took her back in 3 days.... she scored 10.5 So then they said ok its going down bring her back in two weeks... that was the 7th of this month, mean while I was still putting her in the sun.... the test on the 7th she scored 8.

I have been fighting this crap since the day she was born. and its still not over yet. I have to go have her tested next week again. Her poor little feet don't look so pretty. Although I am happy its going down. I asked what the long term effects are from it, and boy was I sorry.

They said most cases go away by the 2ed week of life (here I am with a month old) and it goes all the way up to 50 and when it starts hitting 15-20 they would give us a light because if it gets to high it can reach the brain causing slowed motor skills and all that non fun stuff.....

UGH! I just cant wait till its all over.... So just try to get your little one in the sun when you can.

Oh my god hon, I hope Rylee gets better! that must be so stressful :hugs: And thank you a ton! I had no idea what numbers were bad etc, now I'm not as worried about her as I was. Just hope it doesn't get any worse because it might. We got her some Vitamin D lastnight so I'm hoping that helps too.

Yeah I mean it does get a lot worse, but thankful for me Rylee's is going down and thankful for you its not that bad.... I'm sure things will get better. I'm glad to hear she got some good old V-D. Its been rainy here the past few day.

Well keep us posted on your little girl! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->