Jealousy?

Torsie

Getting Married 05/04/11
Reaction score
Hi ladies. :blush:

This is quite an embarassing question to ask for me, but I need ot know I'm not going mad.

Do any of you get jealous of friends who are pregnant?

We are WTT, and know that having a baby now, although wonderful, is not right for us, we have a big wedding coming up, and lots to achieve.

But it still doesn't stop me getting upset and jealous when others announce their happy news to me.

Of course I am never anything but over the moon for them, and would never ever dream of being mean or rude, but I get a little twinge inside that it's their turn and not mine yet. :cry:

Your not alone at all, we all feel like this at some point. There was a thread like this recently:
https://www.babyandbump.com/waiting-to-try/257620-should-feel-bad.html
Hope it helps:thumbup:

Thanks so much.

It's amazing how much better you feel instantly upon knowing you aren't alone in your feelings!

I know and I think WTT must be the hardest part of pregnancy apart from if you can't conceive

I've felt the same, plenty of times. I was jealous when OH's sister was pregnant, and even more so when she had her LO, and I was jealous when OH's cousin got pregnant right after I had a m/c. It's hard, but knowing that you're waiting until the time is right for you and your family is a good though to keep in mind :)

I have been ttc since may last year and feel jealous of all pregnant women and those with babies.

It's so easy to get swallowed up by our feelings, huh? I certainly do at times. I think sometimes if it weren't for my amazing OH I'd have gone up the wall! She always has a way of putting things into perspective. I think it's good when we have someone in our lives who can ground us. At least temporarily anyway! :)

No need to worry, it just a matter of time an "luck"

Thanks

Yes! Until OH suddenly realised he was 'ready' I would feel vaguely sorry that it wasn't me and that life wasn't fair etc. However, since he became 'ready' and friends have announced pregnancies I have been utterly, completely and shamefully jealous :blush: and I'm not even a jealous person. I feel like it should be my turn now and hopefully soon it will be. You're not alone.

Hi ladies. :blush:

This is quite an embarassing question to ask for me, but I need ot know I'm not going mad.

Do any of you get jealous of friends who are pregnant?

We are WTT, and know that having a baby now, although wonderful, is not right for us, we have a big wedding coming up, and lots to achieve.

But it still doesn't stop me getting upset and jealous when others announce their happy news to me.

Of course I am never anything but over the moon for them, and would never ever dream of being mean or rude, but I get a little twinge inside that it's their turn and not mine yet. :cry:

I completely know what you mean. I still get that little twinge, even though we have a ttc date and it's only a few months away. I don't think it's really jealousy though, just a bit of sadness at not being there yet when you're reminded of how nice it could be. Our time will come though!

i think it's totally natural, i felt exactly the same before having my daughter x

Yup, I'm totally the same, even jealous o relative strangers, work colleagues etc. Its pathetic but I can't help it. lol

hun, your not alone!

everyone around me seems to be having babies atm...its hard to cope...i tend to find it easier to just stay away for a bit... its horrible :hugs:

x

im with you on this one. Just logged on to facebook to see ANOTHER announcement :( All i keep in the back of my mine is im doing the right thing by waiting and my time is just around the corner xxx

I'm afraid so. Friends of my OH are due end of Feb, plus they've had a fabulous house makeover/extension.

I've not even wanted to go and visit them. How horrible of me is THAT???

Of course, I'm happy for them really but sometimes I just can't help it. I think I worry that if I go and visit, it will be written all over my face and that would be just awful!!

Hello! I completely understand the jealousy feeling. I am lucky and blessed to have two healthy young children, but my husband doesnt want a third, and I cant get it off my mind. I feel jealous when others are pregnant. And I KNOW wthout a doubt that I am lucky and blessed and these jealous feelings....well...I wish I didnt have them! Feelings are feelings....its hard to control them. So, you are not alone!

Oh my gosh, I get super jealous, and it seems like everyone I've ever met is pregnant lately! OK, maybe I'm being a little dramatic. I try to be happy for people and congratulate them. My biggest peeve was when my twin sister got pregnant with #2. I was (am) less than pleased. It's not just the jealousy factor, it's also her lifestyle and the environment she's raising her children in that really upset me.

I understand completely how you feel. Everyone around me seems to be pregnant and although I'm happy for them I can't help feeling I wish it was me.I have even started to avoid my pregnant friends. Its good to know its natural to feel this jealous and I'm not the only one feeling like this.

Hello-
I am new here, so I hope you don't mind me posting...but Ya i do...actually yesterday I found out that my BIL/SIL are preggers and due in Sept. We are waiting and it just like "oh" I am happy 4 t hem, but at the same time, wish it was me....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->