Jessica Lee 25/09/09

Carolyn

Reaction score
They are all muddled up - couldn;t be bothered to sort them out!
My room
My room.jpg

Back at home
Baby lee.jpg

Weigh in, after being resuscitated
After being resusitated.jpg

My girls
My girls.jpg

I'll try to keep this brief...

Had been having contractions on and off for 10 days...started to get them regularly on Thursday 24th at 4am.

My mum and dad came to get Abs, J had his work clothes on! i said, 'you'll not be going in today!' (he said i screeched this!)

We waited til 7am to ring hospital. they said i could go to triage at 8am, to get checked out, labour ward was busy.

we got there without crashing into anyone (someone is currrently claiming compo for me hitting her on the way to hospital, on a previous visit! i only 'touched' her, she's claiming i gave her whiplash!)

Was examined and admitted as i was 3cm. i was DEAD pleased!

I was moved over to a room, not the one in the pic. I stayed there and stayed 3cm til 1am the next day!!! I was checked loads of times, i had NO pain relief at all...but stayed stuck at 3 bloody cm!

One midwife took pity on me and put me in the pool room! i was in the big pool from about lunch time on thurs til midnight that night! i was a wrinkly prune! i kept going on and on about having an epidural when i got to 4cm... i kept making them check me. no progress.

when they checked me at 11pm and i was still 3cm, i cried. the pain was intense during each contraction, but they were still only coming every 10 mins, and lasting 40 secs. they told me to stay out of the pool. i did. at 12 i was crying in pain. i made them check me...i was four cm. I was going 'EPIDURAL NOW'. they said they were going to get me ready for one. Bollocks were they! I had various stories about where the aneathetist (Sp?) was!!

Anyway at midnight they were bored with me moaning and screaming at every contraction and saw i was close to losing the plot, so they gave me some temazipan and sleeping tablets! WTF?

Anyway...i slept through three sets of contractions. I had what seemed like four lots of contractions when i woke up and they 'let' me have gas and air...i was better breathing without it think. I started to push when the end of the contraction happened, they were coming every 3 mins now. The midwife said ' stop pushing, your cervix isn;t ready, you're only 4cm'. I couldn't!!

She checked me and said, 'you're having this baby soon, very soon! fancy dilating THAT fast'...hmnnnnn

I started to do controlled pushing with her help. She was brill...it didn't hurt at all. (For those of you who read my LAST birth story, you'll be surprised at this) She explained where baby was each time, i panted when her hed crowned and her nose and chin came out.

I heard her ask J to press the button to get another midwife, i thought that this meant the baby was sure to be coming out soon, as there has to be two midwives at the actual birth part. BUT... i heard her say '...i've got my finger inbetween it here...' She meant the cord around her neck! Anyway, i pushed her out in the next two contractions and she didn;t cry or anything, she was limp as anything. They worked on her and shocked her and gave her air and cleared out her throat because she'd done a poo right at the last min. She scored 4 first on that baby test thing and after 5 mins scored 9, couldn't score 10 because she still had blue hands and feet.

I held her while we waited on the placenta. At this point i was ecstatic!

Ended up having to go to theatre to have placenta removed. they put a spinal in, how ironic!(i wouldn;t have been able to have one of these in when having a contraction i can tell you!) i felt horrible as they rummaged round inside...then they said i had a third degree tear. the old cut from bubs one came open and went down to my bottom. thankfully i was completely pain free for this stitching up, unlike last time.

i was in recovery and bubs and j came to see me. then we went to the ward and J had to go home. She was born very quick.. on the ward we were left to our own devices! the placenta was left on the bed in a bag! i wasn;t told i had a cathetar in either, when i got the feeling back in my legs i found the placenta and big bag of nearly overflowing wee!!!!!!

No body came to see me about putting Jessica to breast...i did it myself when i felt my legs again. no one brought me a drink!

Anyway...we stayed in until i lied to them about having my first poo...had to, couldn;t stand it in there a minute longer...you had to go to the nursery in the night to feed your baby! in the night the midwives had to take her off me and look after her, she just wouldn;t settle and i was whacked.

anyway. i can;t believe how differnt i feel this time. this is how i imagined i would feel last time. i wonder why you feel differently? it was just as traumatic.

welcome baby jessica, weighing in at 8lbs, 10 and a half ozs.

thanks for reading.:cloud9:

congrats!! I'm sad they didn't seem top look after u very well :( But i'm glad everything worked out at the end :) yay 4 baby xx

congratulations! :D they sound awful at the hospital tho :(

Bloody hell! How traumatic for her to be born not breathing - you must have been beside yourself! Congratulations on your beautiful little girl though honey!

She's such a little treasure!!!
x

congratulations hunni!!
it doesnt sound like they looked after u very well :(
and tht pic of the room has officially scared the crap outta me!
it looks so unwelcoming :(
im glad all is well now :)

Congratulations, sorry the hospital were crap:( Bet your glad your home x

Congratulations, she's absolutely gorgeous x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79