Jessie's journey

Nikkinoonoo

Mummy to a gorgeous girl
Reaction score
Well today we had to take Jess to St Marys Hospital in Paddington, London for an appointment with a orthapaedic paediatrician about her leg.
The appointment was more positive than we thought it would be. We was told that it would be unfair of him to say that they can do reconstructive surgery on it and make it resemble a "normal" lower limb, but we knew that. He did say however, that to her knee on that leg is ok which will be good news when it comes to crawling and that we aren't to expect any real progress on them doing anything until she's about a year and ready to use the leg for standing.
The bone she does have in that shin is bent at the end and he said it looked like it may have fractured in the womb and mended bent. I wasn't aware bones could be fractured in the womb like that and he assured me it would have been nothing I had done. This does mean though that it can be straightened for length in that bad leg at a later date.
Also it is likely the will amputate the twisted little foot that she has on that leg to make it easier for prosthetics. He told us that because she will have known no different when they fit the limb for her its likely she will go running off happy as a sandboy as she wont know what it's like to have two feet of her own. I'm sure when that time comes I shall need a few handy Kleenex.
So all in all we was happy that her knee seems ok and that the bone she does have in that shin is bent and can be straightened for length.
Our next appointment is her second ultrasound on her hips thursday week, hoping for some good news there! Just a quick update for those who wished to follow Jessie's journey. Thanks for reading ladies, we hope you and your bundles are all doing well
xXx

Thanks for writing that up i was wondering how she was.. but like the doc said she won't know any different. Hope the next appointment goes ok x x

Thanks for the update...that all sounds really positive :D Was wondering how she was doing. Great news that her knee is normal - the prosthetics they do now are amazing so it sounds like she'll have no problems running around! Hope everything's ok with her hips too x

Such a positive update!

I nearly had my kleenex out already :blush: I'm so pleased you left today feeling positive about things and as the doctor said she will know nothing different bless her & I look forward to the day shes running off as happy as a sandboy in the doctors words hehe

Good luck for positive updates with all appointments to come through Jessies journey x x

Thanks for the update Nikki!! I was wondering how you were getting on. Im glad to hear that you and your doctor are laying out a plan for your little girl's sound future! Please Keep us updated! :hugs:

Thanks for the update, happy to hear such positive news about Jessie! All the best for anything coming :) xxx:hugs:

That is very positive news Nikki. Good luck at your next appointment!

Thats great, such positive news, hope the next appointments are as positive as this one and I look forward to seeing pics of Jessie running around:happydance: Good luck for the hip scan hope all is well xx

great to hear such positive news :)

keep us updated

xxx

That's really good news nikki. Glad things are looking up. Hope everything goes well for the scan.

xxx

Great news Nikki! Looking forward to the next updates.

Thats great news hun im so glad things are looking more pOsItive now!!

Aw, really glad the appointment gave good news for little Jessie :D Hope its just as good at the ultrasound! :hugs:

what a loverly positive appointment hun im glad it went well :hugs:

That's great news. I'm happy that she's doing well. Kids are amazing at adapting to things, so i'm sure she'll be just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->