John Lewis? Don't Bother! iCandy 'Bad' Apple

Pyrrhic

Reaction score
I recently purchased an iCandy Apple from John Lewis, and I have to say their customer service has been awful.

Whether a purchase is £20 or £2,000 I believe that good customer service should be standard.

As many of you know, the iCandy is about £420. Not cheap, and this is just the stroller and flavour pack.

When I recieved my iCandy, my husband and I assembled it and decided to take it out for a 'test run' straight away. Sadly, our pram did not work! One of the back wheels was stuck, causing the pram to veer very sharply to one side (hardly safe for a baby!). After taking it apart again, it turns out that the wheel was faulty compared to the other one.

A quick ring to iCandy assured us that we would have to take the matter up with John Lewis, as we purchased the pram from them and so our warrenty was with them. Sounds simple enough!

So I rang John Lewis, and sadly no one in the nursery department was available to take my call, but they would ring me back the same day. So 6 hours later, I though I best ring again, and was again told to wait.

The next day, I rang again and was told again, that no one was available to take my call.

This went on everyday for a week. Yes, I'm not joking. Every single day.

Finally I got someone to ring me back, by demanding I was put through to a manager. At first, I was told that it wasn't possible and I would have to speak to someone from the nursery department. After getting very upset on the phone, and nearly being in tears from frustration, I got a manager on the phone.

She said someone would ring me back.

Now, please keep in mind that this pram was expensive, and highly rated both by friends and on review websites. I never expected it not to work. So, naturally, this was my only pram and only way of getting my daughter around as I do not drive. I challenge anyone to be happy with having to carry their 9 month old child everywhere for two weeks, because John Lewis cannot be bothered to fix a problem after they have sold the product.

So, in the manager's defense, I did get a call back that afternoon from someone in the nursery department. They asked what the problem was with the pram (I'd only been leaving messages for a week telling them)

So she asked what I wanted, and I asked for a replacement wheel. She assured me this would be sent out priority mail for me.

That was over a week ago.

Ringing John Lewis, and I am again told each time that someone will ring me back. Not surprisngly anymore, no one ever does.

So I'm left with a pram I cannot use, which cost me a lot of money and no one caring about me or the fact the product is faulty.

So thanks John Lewis, for taking that £420 off me. After spending over £10,000 with you in the last two years furnishing our house and buying things for our baby, it's the last of my money you'll be getting from me! :growlmad:

Ooops thats not good :nope: write a letter of complaint in hun see if you can get some free vouchers :lol:

So sorry to hear about your bad experience.

Maybe it will be better if you turn up in person and demand to speak to someone.
You can't just leave it and loose your money you have every right as a consumer for it to be sorted!

I would also write a letter of complaint too, as they have to answer your letter.

Spoke to a lovely lady on the phone just now and said she will ring me back and check my file. So fingers crossed she can shed some light on things.

I did tell her however, that I want to write a complaint email and who to send it to (apparently just customer services). I am also considering returning the entire pram to them, and buying it from someone else. Another company who actually cares about their customers after they leave the shop.

This isn't the first problem we've had with them either. They never sent us vouchers they owed us from our wedding list.

So sorry to hear about your bad experience.

Maybe it will be better if you turn up in person and demand to speak to someone.
You can't just leave it and loose your money you have every right as a consumer for it to be sorted!

I would also write a letter of complaint too, as they have to answer your letter.

Our nearest John Lewis is 2 hours away. We drove there specifically to pick out our iCandy and get a demo. It's not excatly easy to go back, but I plan to this weekend if it's not resolved.

I'll be dropping an email to iCandy too, as I know they are very selective about who sells their products and are very protective of their brand.

john Lewis are normally really good. sorry to hear you have had such awful service from them. When we had our wedding list with them, we had to go in to collect our gift vouchers from the gift list department so maybe try that if/when you do go. I'm sure they have someone who looks after nursery gift lists too - perhaps go and speak to them even though its not a gift list item. They usually arent being chased around by customers and you can sit down with them and discuss everything. x

The gift vouchers were because of them messing up our gift list :lol: Maybe we're just really unlucky with them or something.

Hon, if you have any problems with them shoot me a line. Finished working for Consumer Direct last month so I can draft you a basic letter if you want. xx

I have always thought they would be really good. I had a 18month old laptop brake and they were amazing, got it fixed for me in one week. I was reluctant to buy a pram anywhere else but i am glad i did now. Hope it gets fixed soon. I would def tell i candy about it as well.

You should claim compensation for the travel, phone calls and inconvenience...threatening them with legal action might make them buck up their ideas!!

oh honey - sorry to hear this. I work for John Lewis (Waitrose) and I can assure you they usually take their customer service very seriously. I would suggest you ask to speak to either the department manager or personally, I'd probably try the branch manager. You need to be firm but polite and make sure you tell them what YOU want and how they can resolve this. (i.e. Delivering you the correct part ASAP or collecting the pram and demanding either a new one or a refund). I am shocked and disappointed reading this, because I know how strict they are with keeping customers happy.
Good luck, and let us know how you get on xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->