Johnson's baby, when did you start using it?

S

Serene123

Midwife said not to use it for 3 months but why not? Anyone use it from birth or shortly after?

Nope I never use the stuff. I use E45 bath oils (on reccomendation of my HV) :) Keeps Anna's skin silky soft :cloud9:

My friend uses it on her baby all the time. The shampoos, washes, and moisturizers. He's 4 months old now, but I think she started using it after a couple of weeks.

i've been using johnsons since callum was 1-2wks old. Never had any problems with it.

I use simple baby. I have done since Pierre was just over a week old and not had any problems except that the first couple of times he had very dry skin.

thats abit strange, i know when they had to wash Ds2 (I had a crash c-section so couldn't move at all for 2 days) they used johnsons on him. And that was after a couple of hours he was born.

I ended up using simple baby and still do. Plus e45 stuff is great for dry skin.

xxxxx

Used it since the day she was born :) (So did the hospital).

But I don't give a full bath except every couple of days.

:hug:

Can you guys explain why Johnsons is a problem?

The hospital used it since birth!

the midwife gave me johnsons sensitive baby in the hosp so i could bathe Ebonii (had my own in my bag but never say no to a freebie ;)

I used since day one so did the midwifes when they bathed kira a couple of hours later.

Some midwifes don't like it hun thats why they say don't use it.

I use mine too , Midwife said not to but with my first they bathed her in it , so thought what the heck why not not going to kill them!

I've used it since the 1st time I bathed Jack - I think they tell you not to use anything the 1st couple of weeks as it may irritate babys skin? Jacks skin was a little dry on his feet & hands but I think that would have happened whether I used anything in his bath or not. I use the normal baby bath in the blue bottle & the night time one in the purple bottle, I also use the shampoo on his hair, the night time lotion on his skin & the moisturiser on his face - no probs at all.

I used it straight away. The MW at the hospital who bathed her first when she was a few hours old even used the top to toe wash on her. She has been fine with it. Also she told me to bath her everyday.
Some MWs say once a week!!
xxx

I've been bathing her every 2-3 days. Mostly 2 days because she is a sicky baby.

they say not to use it as babys skin is so sensitive and even though the baby products are baby products they still have chemicals in them and the babys skin is so delicate they say its best just to use water for a bit allthough when i was in hospital they and i used the johnsons top to toe wash ive been using it since but only a tiny bit but i do find after my hands are very dry so i dont think that it is very good so im going to change what im using as my baby has allways had dry legs too so i need somethin very moisurising so i tryed one i bought from asda today xxx

the mw used top to toe 4 his first bath so ive used it ever sinc well use the night time one now and use the creams after

They use the johnson wash on premature babies so no idea why you cant for 3 months!

We've used it on Erica as soon as we started giving her whole baths (when her cord fell off). The only reason we didn't before then is because we just gave her sponge baths without anything. They used Johnson's on her when she had her first bath at the hospital. I think its up to you what you want to use. The Johnson's Bedtime is great. Its lavender and when we use it, Erica always has her bath, has a bottle and goes straight to bed.

They used it in the hospital and we used it when we got home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->