Joined to help pass the wait... Now OH says Dec 09!!!

lil_miss_pink

Mummy to Charlie
Reaction score
Hey everyone, i'm a newbie, joined up in Aug to try and pass the wait as have been SO broody for months now and it felt like it would be about 100 years until OH decided he wanted to TTC! I'm 23, he's 29 and we've been together for 6 years.

I got the impression that babies were the last thing on his mind as my hints were not getting me anything but stroppy looks, sighs and eye rolling!! :nope:

But then last night after yet another conversation about how I feel like it's the perfect time now and I want to be a young mum... (i'm studying a degree from home and wont be done for about 5 years so future kids would be just about to start school - perfect timing!! And I want a summer baby as all our family members are winter birthdays...)...

OH has agreed to TTC in December 09!!! Woohoo!!! :happydance: So I have four pills left!! I've already been stocking up on folic acid and pregnancy tests (lol - that went down like a ton of bricks when they arrived in the post 2 months ago!)

Funny thing is though... After months of feeling so impatient and thinking of nothing else except babies... now I'm really scared and questioning myself - am I really ready for this?! I dont know anything about babies! I've just ordered 'Pregnancy for Dummies' from Amazon.. :shrug:

So is anyone else TTC in December this year?? I'm so excited but so nervous now as well!!! Oh and sorry for the long rambling post!! :dohh:

yeah, I also want to be a young mum just a few years younger than yourself! we have just started not long till we can test! I hate the waiting just want to know lol

Good luck

This site is awesome thou great advice

Hi hon, congratulations! That's great that he had such a change of heart :)
I think everyone feels nervous to some degree so as long as you're both on board with it I'm sure you'll be fine ;)
Good luck! I'm a January TTC-er myself... there's quite a few of us starting around the same time! x

Hey lil_miss_pink....

My original plan was to start ttc again in Dec this year...i was so happy when we and my oh decided on this. Then out of the blue, he decided that Oct this year would now be a good time to start....which i was even happier about!! But as Oct is only a month away...im gettin quite nervous now, but also still very excited at the same time!!

Hope everything goes well for you :)

lil

Ahh thanks for all the congrats :)

missmeerkat - How exciting for you! Fingers xd you get your BFP. I am really impatient too - I would want to test the day after our first time with no BC I think!! I know what you mean, my parents are 43 and 46 and I love that they are so young and people are always shocked when I tell them their age. I've even been mistaken for my dad's gf before - eww! My OH is nearly 30 so will be a bit older - he doesn't seem to mind tho as his parents were older too. I'm kind of hoping everything will spring back into place quicker too if I'm a bit younger?! :bodyb:

lil_angel - Wow, only 1 month to go!! Hey you never know, we might even be bump buddies!! It must feel really nice to have your OH so keen. Mine prefers to um and ah for a few months / years... then eventually we just do it and he gets used to the idea eventually and ends up loving it... (it only took 3 years to persuade him to come backpacking with me for a year!) lol

Yeah we sure might be bump buddies (how exciting :))
Only 3months for you to wait now...
Yeah it is nice that he is so keen, and im glad he is, becuase i dont want to push him in to anything, but he has always said he is ready when i am!! (NOW!!!lol)
3 years....god, thats a long time to make up his mind!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->