Joint gifts

Blu10

Reaction score
I know lots of families do this. I'd love to buy a joint gift for my boys but there is a 4yr 9m age gap so I'm struggling, any ideas? This year they will be 5 and 1. Thanks x

I have a 4yr gap between my 2. I've never done a joint present before as they'ce never been in to the same things. I think mainly because dd has been too young.
But this year I'm thinking of a garage as they both have a good amount of hotwheels cars each

It is hard when there's a big gap. I've stopped doing joint gifts as they have got older (and there's more of them. There's 7.5 years between ds1 and ds4) because they just aren't into the same things. One thing I know that my little two liked at 1 and still play with now at 6 and 3 is imaginext batman toys. We've had our batcave since Christmas 2012 and its still going strong and still played with daily by both boys.

Maybe a multi games table thing though your one year old maybe too young (next year perhaps).

Car garage sounds good, you can also get Brio roadway which fits to the trains too. That's what my DDs are getting from nanny and grandad.

Playhouse in the garden if you have, could work out ££££ though. Or a tent for indoors?

I second the Imaginext stuff. My eldest got the batcave for his third birthday when his brother had just turned one and they've both loved it. It's still played with every day four years later.

Another idea might be a CD player for their bedroom - you could add audio story books as well as kid-orientated and pop music CDs.

My reason for joint gifts are so the toy is fair game for everyone and everyone has to share it. It is for the whole family. So even if one might be a little too young to play with it at the time when they get older they get just as much access to it as the others. Imaginext castle, play structure, board games, kitchens sets, sports sets, DVDs, etc. are great joint gifts. Pile of books and puzzles are good too. Or art sets.

I usually do a joint present for my older 2, although there is a smaller age gap between them. Some things that my 3 (5, 3.5 and 1) all play with together are their playhouse, kitchen, train track (although DD2 annoys the other two!), garage, dolls house, dressing up stuff and tent.

My boys joint christmas gift this year is football nets. last year was imaginext batbot.

Most of their presents however technically become joint gifts as they both play with same stuff. Only thing that isnt shared os lego as oldest is very particular about keeping his sets built and in order when youngest breaks all up

I have a 4yr gap between my 2. I've never done a joint present before as they'ce never been in to the same things. I think mainly because dd has been too young.
But this year I'm thinking of a garage as they both have a good amount of hotwheels cars each

Snap! Ive got a Hot Wheels set for them to share, cant wait as this is only the second sharing present they have had (first was arts set last xmas). X

My boys joint christmas gift this year is football nets. last year was imaginext batbot.

Most of their presents however technically become joint gifts as they both play with same stuff. Only thing that isnt shared os lego as oldest is very particular about keeping his sets built and in order when youngest breaks all up

I have a very similar age gap to you, oldest is almost 6.5 and youngest just turned 4 and they are the same everything ends up shared between them :haha:

This year their joint gift will be a wii u and think nana will get them a joint gift of the elc garage.

I have a very similar age gap to you, oldest is almost 6.5 and youngest just turned 4 and they are the same everything ends up shared between them :haha:

This year their joint gift will be a wii u and think nana will get them a joint gift of the elc garage.

Yea we have exactly 2.5 years between them. My house is coming down with superhero stuff 😂

Both my boys love PJ masks and both asking but not readily available over here, can find the vehicles on Amazon at around £35 each keep adding and taking out of basket, they are so expensive but thinking could be joint gift? Just know they will retail at around £15 when released here next year won't they!?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->