joint pain/stiffness..help!!

KZD

Reaction score
I searched a lot of Google before I decided to post on here. I've been experiencing joint stiffness and pain a lot lately...anyone else in the same boat? if so, do you know the reason/solution for this?

It's to the point where I can't even bend my fingers without screaming in pain...especially first thing in the morning! They're definitely swollen a bit, which I think is expected, but I didn't know it would hurt so much?????

I've also started developing this sharp pain in my tail bone or hip bone, whatever you call it!!

any suggestions to reduce the pain would be sooo appreciated.

Hi

Have you checked this out with your MW/Dr? Those would DEFINITELY be your first point of call...

Paracetamol is a safe painkiller to you during pregnancy? Have you tried it? Does it give any relief?

QT

I don't have issues with my hands but I do have hip and back and ankle stiffness which I've spoken to my MW about and she thinks is likely related to the laxening of ligaments but I did find an interesting thing on google when I searched your problem- I think speaking with your GP about it is probably the best idea but it may be carpal tunnel. Of course it's always best to see your GP as it could be a hundred other small issues.

At Thu, 29 Nov 2001, Jasmine wrote: >
>I am 35 weeks... for about the last two weeks or so, whenever I wake up
>during the night to go to the restroom, and in the morning when I wake
>up, my fingers are so stiff and so achy that I feel like I have
>arthritis. They are drawn up and it hurts very badly to try to bend
>them... my left ring finger also feels like it pops out of place when I
>try to straighten it out....should this be a concern? My next appt. is
>Monday... I can ask about it then if it sounds like an important issue.
>Thanks!

Sounds like it might be carpal tunnel syndrome. If it is, it should go away after delivery. It is caused by swelling of the nerves in the wrists. Fairly common. It can be helped by wearing a "Cockup" splint at night.

--
R. Daniel Braun, MD FACOG FOG

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->