Joseph Robert born monday 30th at 9.08pm

StarBound

Reaction score
Baby Joseph Robert finally arrived at 41+6weeks after a sucessful pessary induction :thumbup: However the birth wasnt exactly as planned.

It started off sunday morning , i was due to be induced at 8am , arrived at 7.30am. I went straight to the delivery suite which is where i was told to go , turns out they sent me and my partner to antenatal after almost a hour and abit of waiting. Once in antenatal i was checked over , blood pressure and put on a monitor to check his heartbeat and movements. He was abit naughty and kept moving away from the monitor, in the end they got my partner to hold the monitor end and move it as he moved :haha:

At this point i was told my cervix was soft but i was 0cm, they kept us waiting awhile and then put in the pessary at 12.40. By this time nothing had happened and i was getting bored xD. Me and my partner started to play hangman :dohh:

We went for a walk around the hospital grounds which was really nice as it was quiet and the trees and greenery is really nice there. We got back and i had some light pains but nothing to be concerned about. We sat around and had some food but still nothing , by now it was getting on for 4.30 and i decided it was best James went home (we have 5 dogs and they most likely need 2 people to walk them , my dad was there too). He went at 5.15 and i had strict instruction to ring him if anything happened.

I watched liar liar and some xfactor repeats on the tv. Kept my facebook updated and went for a little walk. Still nothing .
At about 8 ish we got moved onto prenatal ward as they dont keep antenatal open overnight with a lack of staff apparently. All of the midwives were lovely and really nice to all of us.

It got too about 11 o clock and the lady next to me was getting severe contractions whilst mine were rather light and far apart. They had sent her partner home and she was really struggling :cry:
In the end she had co-codamol and jumped in the bath to help things along.
Off she went to delivery at about 12.30-1am.

I fell asleep and woke with some sharp pains at 5.30am-ish. i was getting excited and anxious to ring my partner as the pains got worse. Although they were no worse than a bad period which came and went every 5 minutes or so. The pessary had also fallen out so they had to reinsurt in.
They put me on a monitor as i gently breathed through them , it wasnt too bad until about 8 o clock, i couldnt talk through them at all. It wasnt severe , i was managing ok. I rang my partner and he came in about 9.30. By now it was agony , i was still breathing through them but it was getting to the point i was slightly crying. I didnt understand how it could be that painful at maybe 1-2cm , midwife said the same thing and had a feel. Said he was sideways and slightly back to back and chances are he would be born that way too :nope: So i was to prepare for a painful birth :(

I continued through the contractions and had a bath to ease the pain abit. By now they were every 4 minutes but i was doing ok.
Around 30 minutes later they all of a sudden got ALOT worse, she checked me and said i was only 2cm :( I lasted abit longer , crying my eyes out through the BLINDING pain :(

I begged to go to delivery and be given a epidural, i felt like i was getting stabbed. James went to the midwife who suggested tablets , i took them but within 20 minutes i couldnt handle anymore. James got them to send me to delivery , i had contractions through the hall and was still just about managing. I got to delivery and they were messing about (they were chatting about tea and such in the hallway :growlmad:)
James raced about trying to sort out the epidural, a midwife came in and sorted out the gas and air then dashed off to sort out the epidural.

The gas and air to be honest didnt help me much , im guessing it was because he was in such a awkward position. It was ever so painful and i have a high pain threshold so you can imagine !

I have to say my partner was amazing throughout , really reminded me how i fell in love with him in the first place :cloud9:

I finally had the epidural , and i have to say it didnt hurt at all going in , but the IV in my hand did :( Really hurt lol. Needless to say i felt much better, i was 3cm now and had the monitor to watch his heartbeat.

My mum came in and her and Jay looked after me . After a while the epidural wore off , i was in agony but kept myself going on gas and air. She went and got a nurse to do a top up , i was so relieved when that kicked in. It was about 6-7 o clock by now and i was 4cm gone :(

We continued to wait and i was feeling the contractions again within the hour , they checked me again and i was 8cm gone :D Sudden leap lol
I was feeling the pains and a urge to push within about 15 minutes , she checked me and i was 10cm gone :D , she wanted to wait for me to push as his heart rate dropped slightly with every contraction and she wanted his head down abit more .
I waited till 8o clock to push , by now his head was well down and apparently they could see him :D
I pushed and with every push there was a difference , midwife said i was doing fantastic.
A second midwife came in because of his heart rate and congratulated me on doing so well with him being sideways still :)

And at 9.08pm with a final push he entered the world :D James couldnt stop crying and even tho i was still in pain i had happy tears :) :cloud9::cloud9:

He weighed 8lb1oz

He also had the cord around his neck :(

AHHH I was soooo happy.
I had 2 severe tears that needed stitches and oh my that hurt !
Hes been a little treasure , cries when he needs feeding but not when hes wet xD
Oh im sooo in love :)

https://tinypic.com/r/2w5ue5e/7

ahh congrats:D
he is picture perfect!x

Congratulations he really is beautiful..x

Well done chick, you did so well!! Congratulations xx

Congratulations on the birth of your baby boy.:happydance:

Aww congrats!! Sounds like you had a rough labour - but they're so worth it hey??

Congrats... I must say I can imagine the pain you went through, My little on two was sideways and sorta back to back... I remember telling them I was in SOOOOOOOOOO much pain, and the midwifes telling me that I wasn't in established labour so I couldn't have anything except co codamol...
Then not to much later I was in screaming pain!!!!!! and the head midwife came in and demanded that the midwife in charge of me give me everything (except the epidural) hahaha, I had a peth shot and gas and air.

If they know that it is THAT PAINFUL why do they make you wait

Congrats, your little one is gorgeous

Congratulations and well done on such a long hard labor! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back