Josephine OR Michaela? Middle name: Rose

rosejames

Reaction score
Our second baby girl is due in September. We think Michaela would pair well with her older sister's name Gabriella, both being archangel names. Josephine Rose also sounds pretty. Unfortunately we've been getting feedback that our daughter might have to deal with a spelling nightmare with a name like Michaela and that Josephine is vintage. Any help in picking the right name would be much appreciated!!

what about Raphaela Rose?

it goes lovely with Gabrielle and is another archangel name

I like Josephine a lot! Super cute. Could call her Jo Jo or Josie for short.

I prefer Michaela! I dont think its hard to spell.

Both names are very pretty, I like it spelled Mikayla, McKayla, or Makayla better though. But very pretty names, both of them. =)

Like PP said, I prefer Michaela but different spelling such as Mikayla. When I see Michaela I immediately saw Michael instead. Josephine is cute too, though, I like the nickname Joey or I think I saw someone mention Posey as a nickname for Josephine on here the other day.

I like Josephine and Joey for short. I suggested it for dd2 but hubby didn't like it enough.

It's a normal name but i've never met anyone with it so it would be ideal if you didn't want a popular name.

Love your dd1's name by the way. We couldn't pull it off but ig's on a lisy of names i'd love to use

I love the name Michaela spelled just like that. Its not odd, I think its the original spelling? the feminine form of Michael. I also think it goes better with your other child's name. As far as her learning how to spell it, I don't think that will be a problem. Kids are smarter than that and they practice their names over and over. I think that is a silly worry.

I prefer the name Michaela although I also think its a masculine spelling.. I like the name Josephine too though I would prefer Josie or something rather than Joey (to each their own though :) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->