Joshua Andrew is finally here 04/20/08

missjess

Mummy of a prince
Reaction score
I was 3 days overdue on saturday, in the morning I had woken up with a strange wet spot in my bed which I though it could have been some fluid leaking but wasn't really concerned that much because I didn't really leak much during the day (just some damp underwear)

I also had a few period pains through out the day and they started to get more like big cramps in the evening. Around 11pm I took some tylenols and my hot water bottle and went to bed. I wasn't able to sleep as the pain was getting quite strong! It was not like contractions, just period cramps... Around 3am I couldn't stand it anymore and went to wake up my husband. The pains were coming every 3 minutes and lasted for about 30 seconds. We got to the hospital and they monitored the contractions for about 1.5 hours, and the nurse said they weren't very strong contractions And I wasn't more dilated (still a 2)... I mentioned to them I thought my waters might have broke because I was leaking during the day, so they did a test to see if I was right... The test came back positive, so they admitted me into a labor room around 5am.

Contractions started to be very painful, but they started to be irregular and I was still not dilating more. They decided to give me pitocin around 8am as well as antibiotics (because I had my waters broken since almost 24h). The pitocin made the contractions so painful and so strong within an hour, I was in so much pain!!! Tried to bounce on the ball, had OH massaging me, I was trying to breathe through the contractions but it was just unbearable. So I asked for the epi-dural around 10ish... Can I say the epi-dural is AMAZING stuff!!??!!! Wow. Within 2 minutes I felt no pain at all from the contractions and felt so relaxed. It made it really enjoyable. Around 6ish I started to feel a lot of pressure pushing down on my butt, and I felt the urge to push around 6:30. At 6:37pm I was pushing Joshua out, it seemed so easy and even with the epi-dural I could still feel his head crowning and coming out. at 7:02pm he was born, not even 30 minutes of pushing!! I was really impressed (maybe it's all that raspberry leaf tea that made that possible!!) I got a tiny tear and have 2 stitches. (8lbs 2onz!!!!!)

When I saw his head coming out of me I was in tears! It's such an emotional rush, I never felt that good ever in my life. It's instant love... it's just amazing, no words can describe that feeling !!!

After he was born, they had to take him away from me to do bunch of tests in case he would have gotten an infection (due to my membrane breaking up more than 24h prior to birth) He was away for about 3h and I couldn't stop crying because I wanted to see him and hold so badly.

We're finally home now, and he's a perfectly healthy STRONG little man. He's been drinking formula since yesterday night because my breasts wouldn't express enough and my nipple are on fire. I may give a second thought to breastfeeding but for now formula seems like the best thing to do as I'm incredibly exhausted.

Here are some photos, got carried away a bit... But he's just so gorgeous!!! I'm in love.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/jessyca_lang/DSC03671.jpg
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/jessyca_lang/DSC03683.jpg
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/jessyca_lang/DSC03689.jpg
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/jessyca_lang/DSC03690.jpg

awww congrats he's beautiful :hugs: How does it feel being a mommy now finally?? :happydance:

Wow!! What a wonderful story and such a beautiful baby boy!! I am so happy for you :hugs:!!

aww congratulations hun he is beautiful

Awww sweetheart! He is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations! Lots of love and hugs to all of you! xxxxxxxxx

Aww Congrats! He is amazing! I bet it feels so great to finally have him here:)

omg thats it so amazing he is so gawjuss. he is gunna break a few hearts when he is older lol
xx

He looks amazing. Congrats :)
P.S. I have those CK onesies as well!

Ahh he's gorgeous!!! Congratulations!!!! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member