juice

Alexas Mommy

Reaction score
How often do you give your LO juice, how much and what time of the day do you find is best to give the juice? I know juice is optional to give, but I am trying to cut Alexa down on the fatty breastmilk intake by giving her a bottle of something else in the daytime to substitute. I bought heinz apple juice today and diluted it with water, and she loved it, but I don't know how often I can give this to her. Any ideas? Thanks!

I rarely give Erica juice, it is more like a treat. I will buy the tiny bottles of juice that are like 4oz, give her half mixed with water, and its like a treat for once in a while. Have you tried just giving her water, cause juice can be high in sugar.. Xx

Thanks for replying! Yes I did give her water, and she loves it, but I heard that babies are not supposed to have too much water??!? But I buy the baby juice and dilute it with water, so there is no added sugar. Is that still too much natural sugar?

Thanks for replying! Yes I did give her water, and she loves it, but I heard that babies are not supposed to have too much water??!? But I buy the baby juice and dilute it with water, so there is no added sugar. Is that still too much natural sugar?

Yes. Infants should have no more than 4 oz of baby juice a day. And most suggest giving it a few times a week vs everyday. And juice is nutritionally inferior to breastmilk. Please do not try to limit her intake of BM unless specifically instructed by a healthcare professional who is trained especially in breastfeeding. Your baby is not fat, she's growing. Babies desperately need fat to develop brain tissue and develop their eyes. When baby gets to her active phase... toddling crawling etc, she'll work some of that off.
:hug:

Yes. Infants should have no more than 4 oz of baby juice a day. And most suggest giving it a few times a week vs everyday. And juice is nutritionally inferior to breastmilk. Please do not try to limit her intake of BM unless specifically instructed by a healthcare professional who is trained especially in breastfeeding. Your baby is not fat, she's growing. Babies desperately need fat to develop brain tissue and develop their eyes. When baby gets to her active phase... toddling crawling etc, she'll work some of that off.
:hug:

Thanks, no I would never think she is Fat!! I do know she will work it off when she is moving more, she does get plenty of BM, probably too much, as I do go to her and give her about 2-3 comfort feeds a night, since she has been having nightmares lately. I suppose the people who have told me to supplement a BM feed with something different are not Health Care Professionals, I just thought it made sense. I do see lots of Breast feeding advise from you on this site, so you probably have more knowledge on the subject, so I'll just go with that, and then see what her doctor says on monday at her appointment. Thanks!! :hug:

Hey hun...i started buying baby juice (but only because he was constipated and hated water)...he also loved it...but i only gave it once a day and even though i diluted it well my bubs still didnt drink it all...i spoke to my HV and she told me it was fine but also told me it was very high in sugar which i was totally unaware of...it kind of put me off giving it...so i stick to water now and i only give it during the day inbetween feeds (my bubs is bottlefed)...

Goodluck hun :hugs: x

We give Tegan 6oz of baby juice a day - under the instruction of a doctor. Because of her Spina Bifida she gets very constipated and finds it hard to pass a BM, and thats why we give it her :)

i wouldnt start her on juice if she is fine with water if im honest, rhys first had juice at 15months and he only ever has it as a treat

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->