July 2014 IVF Buddies

Hi Plex ,

looking at your post I can see that you have a fair number of underlying issues how did you find you have these ? One thing I have noticed about ivf is that not all clinics investigate additional problems which could contribute to problems.

Is this your 3rd ivf ? if so what are you trying differently this time ??

Yeah im on my 3rd ivf this time and itll be my 2nd transfer - i seem to produce decent quality eggs (thankfully!) but just low on number. I donated my eggs the first time round to a unknown recipient and unfortunately she didnt become pregnant.

As I have PCOS it was assumed that i would produce a large number of eggs and was a high risk of ohss. Contrary to that i was a slow/poor responder on both ivfs so they tested my FSH and AMH levels to determine my ovarian reserve - fsh came back 9 which is high, this means my body is having to work harder to produce the hormone to make me make eggs. And my AHM was 10.7pmol which is low on the uk scale, this is a general marker for ovarian fertility potential. which is why ive now been diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve as well as having multiple cycsts on my ovaries so still pcos :wacko: not a common combination, lucky me :dohh:
Also I have had several miscarriages 3 of which (recently) have been chemicals so ive had the screening for that which found the clotting disorder. Everything has been a process of elimination really - im quite hopeful with this next cycle :D

Im going all out this cycle lol coq-10, royal jelly, vit d, vitex, omega3, pregnacare conception, acupuncture, healthy diet (with lots of protein) and im going to try relaxation/meditation techniques too. I'll have a biopsy/scratch the cycle before then use the embryoscope for my lil embies :D one recommendation from the clinic was to reduce stress (as if!! Dont they know im doing IVF?!!) Im like, yeah the whole ivf thing never stresses me out :haha:

Theres so much stuff to think about with ivf - its so damned expensive and emotionally draining :( Will you be changing anythin major this cycle?

Gosh! Sorry for the essay :blush: xx

Hello there - can I join you Ladies??? I am going to start injecting in 11 days time - 2nd IVF for me and long protocol. Am very excited at having a 2nd go but also so very scared as I know how hard the hearbreak can be.... Am 43 and alas not getting any younger! Issues for us are hubby's motility which is a bit erratic and our age......

Am doing the usual - healthy eating, gentle exercise, and no wine which is a killer as I could do with a glass or 2!!!

Plex - am in Warwickshire too :)

Lizzie - now is that you from Care????

xxx

Amt - :hi: Good luck hun & hurry up AF!!! When are you starting ur down regging? cd21? Best of luck to you :hugs: xx

Lizzie - Acupuncture does weird things!! I swear by it now :thumbup: Never EVER thought id say that :D

Good luck with starting ur injections in a couple of weeks - its all pretty straightforward which is good as i dont do complicated lol Def plan something for your tww - it will help you get through. I was off last time but got bored and ended up doing way more than i shouldve. Im planning on doing things but with minimal stress :D xx

Hello there - can I join you Ladies??? I am going to start injecting in 11 days time - 2nd IVF for me and long protocol. Am very excited at having a 2nd go but also so very scared as I know how hard the hearbreak can be.... Am 43 and alas not getting any younger! Issues for us are hubby's motility which is a bit erratic and our age......

Am doing the usual - healthy eating, gentle exercise, and no wine which is a killer as I could do with a glass or 2!!!

Plex - am in Warwickshire too :)

Lizzie - now is that you from Care????

xxx

:hi: Heya hun - good luck for starting!! What meds will you be on? Ive got2 go back to my clinic as I dont have everything on there :dohh: and want to pay for it all in one go - payings the painful part an i like do get it over with like ripping a plaster off :haha: dont have to think about it too much then - although the regular repayments on the loan with be a constant reminder :dohh:

Which clinic are u at if u dont mind me asking? Im at the crm at cov hosp :D xx

Where are you based Plex - I live in Warwick and hubby lectures at Cov Uni!!! Small world hey!!!

I am at Care at Northampton - the stats for my age were good so we chose there. It's a lovely place with lovely nurses.:thumbup: The meds I am on are burserelin and my stimms are menupor and gonal f - my trigger is pregnyl.

We are very lucky as my parents are paying for this:flower: We are broke after the last ivf but my lovely mummy is determined to be a grandma again. :kiss: So - we'll see what the future holds - all so emotional this bleedin journey!

xxx

Hi Plex

I'm still new to the lingo lol so I'm not sure what down regging is lol but I start taking the pill on the first day of my period and then I start the injections about 10 days after that I think lol.

Im living in Rugby but my hubby works in Warwick :haha: def small world :D

Im on short protocol and taking menopur 300iu, cetrotide and will be on some form of progesterone injection and tablet. Pretty sure ill be taking pregnyl for trigger aswell. After collection ill be taking clexane 40mg injection to prevent clots. Not sure if i have to add anything else yet as im still waiting on test results.

Lucky girl :D its really good of ur parents to help you out! :flower: we're taking out a loan and saving like mad in the process so it better damned work :haha:

How much have u paid for ur meds? Ive had a quote for 650 but thats without 2 meds so am thinking it'll be around 800-900 in total. xx

Ha ha Emmi, yes it is me Lizzie from care :winkwink:

I live I in Hinckley so not far from either of you. In fact I pass you both most days since I commute to Amersham!

Hi Plex

I'm still new to the lingo lol so I'm not sure what down regging is lol but I start taking the pill on the first day of my period and then I start the injections about 10 days after that I think lol.

down regging (down regulating) means taking meds to quieten your ovaries in order to then start the stimulating drugs :D what injections will u be on? xx

Oh lol :dohh: I'm on the pill from cd1 then about 10 days later I'm on buserelin injections for a week then adding in the gonal f and am hoping that my egg collection will be on the 16th July, but af can be early so will wait and see lol

Lizzie - lol how weird is that? 3 of us in the same area starting treatments around the same time :D xx

Yay - thought it was you Lizzie!! Hope that you are doing okay today!

Now that really is a small world - Rugby isn't too far at all but crikey Lizzie - that's quite a commute from Hinkley to Amersham!

Yes - it's so lovely of my parents. It's not that they have the cash at all but they have more than us as we are still reeling from paying for the last one.

I am on the highest dose of drugs so had to fork out a whole lot....But I had a box of gonal f left over from last time so that saved me 300 odd pounds.

Amt - it's a lot to get your head around but we will all get there!

xxx

Yay - thought it was you Lizzie!! Hope that you are doing okay today!

Now that really is a small world - Rugby isn't too far at all crikey Lizzie - that's quite a commute from Hinkley to Amersham!

Yes - it's so lovely of my parents. It's not that they have the cash at all but they have more than us as we are still reeling from paying for the last one.

I am on the highest dose of drugs so had to fork out a whole lot....But I had a box of gonal f left over from last time so that saved me 300 odd pounds.

Amt - it's a lot to get your head around but we will all get there!

xxx

Emmi!! I'm so glad you get another go! You deserve this so much. :hugs: We are scheduled to start in August for round 3 xx

Awww Babydancing how are you Honey???? Really wish I wasn't seeing you here - but we have to keep trying. Fingers crossed for August - let this be a lucky year!!!! xxx

Awww Babydancing how are you Honey???? Really wish I wasn't seeing you here - but we have to keep trying. Fingers crossed for August - let this be a lucky year!!!! xxx

I'm not too bad thanks- struggling with diet and exercise at the moment. Need to get my butt into IVF mode and quick! :shrug: It's like we were only starting this journey a day ago... time flies but it sure hasn't been too fun. Let this be our time :flower: Hope you're well xx

No- it hasn't been fun...I have been through the emotional ringer and am so tired but I just can't give up. If the IVF had worked last time - I would be having the baba about now.....All so cruel. Am sure you know the feeling....

Yep - have been trying to eat as healthy as possible though hubby has bought home some profiteroles today!!!

Really hope it's your time too - we really all deserve it so badly.

xxx

yeah a chemical pregnancy is tough you think you have reached your goal then its snatched. I am not giving up anything this cycle except red meat last time I did not give up anything either except limit dairy

So what sorts of things are you all planning for the 2ww? I've been thinking of things to do around the house... enjoyable things, but still, nothing that'll take more than a couple of hours at a time.

I felt so bloated and miserable during the 2ww of my last IUI (either from slight overstimulation or the progesterone, or maybe both) that I didn't really want to see anyone or go anywhere. I do have a couple of close friends who know what is going on who will surely come over to distract me, but I'm reluctant to make plans beyond that!

Hi girls. I just did ivf April/may, I had my egg retrieval may 5th and will be doing fet June 27th. This one cycle of ivf seems to be taking months!
Kscar I was on bcp for 5 weeks too and I did well (a little too well)...

So what sorts of things are you all planning for the 2ww? I've been thinking of things to do around the house... enjoyable things, but still, nothing that'll take more than a couple of hours at a time.

I felt so bloated and miserable during the 2ww of my last IUI (either from slight overstimulation or the progesterone, or maybe both) that I didn't really want to see anyone or go anywhere. I do have a couple of close friends who know what is going on who will surely come over to distract me, but I'm reluctant to make plans beyond that!

The 2 ww is a killer....I went mad last time but it's so difficult to get a balance of keeping the blood flowing but not doing too much!!! I have a doggie that I need to walk to so gentle walks and then just anything to keep my mind occupied - books and movies! And yes - seeing good friends is always a good distraction. We are only telling my best friends and immediate family but having a giggle with folk can only help.:happydance::thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->