July 2014 IVF Buddies

:hi: hows everyone doing? xx

It depends on when exactly you ask me. I'm flip-flopping between scared/anxious/pessimistic and really excited that we're finally getting on with this. A few times, I've even thought that maybe it'll work!

I got my detailed schedule yesterday and that did make me more excited. An upside to getting all emotionally worked up over the past few months is that when I finally saw the reality of what we'd be doing (how many drugs and office visits), it was actually not as bad as I expected.

We also ordered all of our drugs yesterday and I'm SO thankful that my clinic is willing to order from Europe for those of us with no insurance coverage. All of the drugs (minus Progesterone) were only a little over $1000, factoring in that I have a box of Repronex left from my last IUI. I've heard of women paying a lot more for drugs. Suddenly $1000 seemed like a bargain. :-/

How about you, Plex? (And everyone else!)

Morning Ladies - I think it is totally normal to feel every emotion under the sun Amy from minute to minute! I can't keep up with how I am feeling - relieved, anxious, petrified, etc
But it I don't try again, there will always be what ifs!

I got my massive box of drugs yesterday and start injecting on Tuesday - am trying to take one day at a time.

Hope that you are doing okay Plex - and the other ladies??

xxx

Hey,

I've just got a quote for my prescription, £1085, which is surprisingly less than I thought. Having endometrial scratch in July (£200), and ICSI is £4150. Freezing costs are £450 but we won't pay that until we know if we have embryos to freeze.

I have to call the clinic with a period that starts between 5th and 28th of August to start the Norethisterone. Not long to go.

Hope everyone is keeping well? It really is an emotional rollercoaster, but hopefully worth it for all of us. xx

Amy - thats kinda how i feel about this all, Im findin it hard not to pin all my hopes in it. We cannot afford another for a few years and thats time i dont have :(

I agree that the whole thought of this process is much more daunting that going through it, the worst part is the wait for the fert report then the tww, i like to know stuff instantly lol

$1000 for ur meds is an awesome price!! :happydance: I saved £30 on a couple of bits (I have seperate scripts) and i fell a bit silly for how excited about it i feel :haha: Its so damned expensive before meds as it is!!

Have you got an approximate start date now then? xx

Emmi - :happydance: Yay for starting soon!!! I really enjoy going through and organising my meds :blush: I have several bags for different bits - its funny im not a naturally organised person but with ivf stuff im super efficient lolol

Im so eager to join you!! Did you say you were on long or short protocol (sorry if youve already told me) xx

Baby - Where did you go for your meds? Ive got some of my stuff from asda but most from alcura. My meds are about £915 I did get a quote from boots for 1500!!! Its amazing how much people with infertility get ripped off :( Awesome feeling when you get the best price going though! :happydance: xx

Afm - Cd33 = OV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happydance::dance::plane::muaha::yipee::headspin::drunk::drunk::ninja::juggle::juggle::tease::wine::football::beer::wohoo::loopy::loopy::rain::rain::bunny::fish::dog::wave:\\:D/=D>

........sorry did i get a bit carried away there??? :blush: Im so damned excited!!! that means i will be starting about 27th June!!!!!!!!! WOOP WOOP!!!!!!! xxxx

Amy - thats kinda how i feel about this all, Im findin it hard not to pin all my hopes in it. We cannot afford another for a few years and thats time i dont have :(

I agree that the whole thought of this process is much more daunting that going through it, the worst part is the wait for the fert report then the tww, i like to know stuff instantly lol

$1000 for ur meds is an awesome price!! :happydance: I saved £30 on a couple of bits (I have seperate scripts) and i fell a bit silly for how excited about it i feel :haha: Its so damned expensive before meds as it is!!

Have you got an approximate start date now then? xx

Emmi - :happydance: Yay for starting soon!!! I really enjoy going through and organising my meds :blush: I have several bags for different bits - its funny im not a naturally organised person but with ivf stuff im super efficient lolol

Im so eager to join you!! Did you say you were on long or short protocol (sorry if youve already told me) xx

Baby - Where did you go for your meds? Ive got some of my stuff from asda but most from alcura. My meds are about £915 I did get a quote from boots for 1500!!! Its amazing how much people with infertility get ripped off :( Awesome feeling when you get the best price going though! :happydance: xx

Afm - Cd33 = OV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happydance::dance::plane::muaha::yipee::headspin::drunk::drunk::ninja::juggle::juggle::tease::wine::football::beer::wohoo::loopy::loopy::rain::rain::bunny::fish::dog::wave:\\:D/=D>

........sorry did i get a bit carried away there??? :blush: Im so damned excited!!! that means i will be starting about 27th June!!!!!!!!! WOOP WOOP!!!!!!! xxxx

Getting all from Alcura as they don't charge VAT as it's through our hospital. Also our quote is good considering we are having 40 vials of gestone, x3 boxes of 1200iu meopur, and everything else. x

Morning All!

I am on a long protocol - which is what I was on last time. It seems to take forever but what to do!

I shopped around for my drugs but I didn't really find much difference and the company that supply my clinic drop everything at your door. I am on a real high dose and thankfully, I had a box of gonal f 1050 left over from last time that cost £300.

Your nearly there Babydancing - the waiting can be hard sometimes but not long now!

xxx

Plex - Yep, I got my starting dates for everything. Lupron starts June 20, and the rest of the injections start July 5. ER should hopefully be July 16.

My nurse sent me a super-organized calendar with check-boxes on each date listing the things I need to do or take. I'm so thankful! I would have done that myself, but then I would have been nervous that I'd missed something. It's even color-coded! :)

Just had my consultation on Thursday , they have put me on short protocol again so financially and time wise this is great . I have some gonal f, cyclogest and ovitrelle left over so really trying to
drive the cost down!

I will be doing an aqua scan and endostratch on the 4th July .

just focusing on getting my vitamin and mineral levels to a good place thats all we can do at this phase

Just had my consultation on Thursday , they have put me on short protocol again so financially and time wise this is great . I have some gonal f, cyclogest and ovitrelle left over so really trying to
drive the cost down!

I will be doing an aqua scan and endostratch on the 4th July .

just focusing on getting my vitamin and mineral levels to a good place thats all we can do at this phase

Good luck :flower: what is an aqua scan?? x

its a saline wash and then they put camera inside to make sure there are no issues. Really nervous about this

hi all, sorry I've not been around. I went away for a long weekend with a friend and her mum which has done me the world of good. My meds are being delivered on Thursday and I start Buserlin on Friday. I'm also on Long Protocol and already feel like it's been going on forever without injecting anything!

Bordeaux - I'd be nervous too but I'm sure it will be over quickly for you and will totally be worth it for peace of mind and to make sure that everything that can be done is done before you carry on iykwim.

How is everyone else?

xxx

Bordeaux - Im not sure about an aqua wash but ive had a hycosy which is where they try to flush your tubes with dye to see if they are clear etc. It was uncomfortable but not painful and it was over quickly -ask if theyll let you look at the scan monitor to see what theyre doing - that took my mind off things for a minute or so xx

Biopsy/ scratch scheduled for 9th June at 2.30pm!! :happydance: Hopefully ill be starting my cycle on the 27th fxd! xx

Hello Everyone - how is everyone today??

Finally started down reg'ing today - good to actually start injecting but boy oh boy it's all so emotional! Excited but petrified if it fails again.... But what to do but give it a good go!!!

xxx

Emmi - Yay for starting!!! :happydance: xx

Im officially starting on the 27th June at 8am! :D

Lizzie - Good luck for starting on Friday :happydance: do you have your baseline scan scheduled yet? xx

Ooh, congrats on starting Emmi! I bet you never thought that one day you'd be EXCITED to start injections. :)

Can't wait to track your progress... fingers crossed for you.

Plex - 27th June will be here before you know it! Keep busy busy and the time will fly by!

I know Amy - the waiting to start again has been crazy! We had to find the money and it seemed like it would never happen! But at least I am on the crazy train now so here's hoping!

How's you Lizzie??? Haven't seen you on the other forum - really hope that you are doing okay?

xxx

Hi all,

Emmi - great news that you have started - well sort of, you know what I mean :) How are you finding things, ok I hope? I'm already an emotional wreck so goodness knows what state I'll be in by the end of this! I'm a bit shy on the other forum although I do read what everyone writes. I know a lot of you already know each other so don't want to barge in :)

Plex, I'm injecting buserlin until my next AF arrives then i'll call the clinic to set up my baseline scan before moving onto stimms.

Plex/Amy, when are your next appointments (sorry I'm hastily typing at work so might have missed you telling me that already!)

AFM, total nightmare at work, had a good sob about it all over DH last night and am trying to figure out a way to minimise the stress I'm under as I've heard conflicting things but really don't want to risk it negatively impacting our first cycle. I've been waiting 8 years for this so don't want my job to ruin it now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->