June Jitterbugs- 2013, 51 babies born 27 boys, 24 girls (145 on the Way)

I have baby blues... probably more than just that. I cry sometimes for no reason, and sometimes I just look at him and feel so overwhelmed with love and worry that I will let him down. I think a lot of it is that I wanted to breastfeed so bad and planned to and haven't been able to at all. I feel so guilty about it and like he didn't get the best :( Now he has started to get a bit colicky in the evenings and I just feel so responsible. I know that is silly...

if u want to breast feed try, even if it is later than u thought the milk will come in even if nothing comes out keep trying and it ill come in as baby sucks each time and then u can gradually switch from formula to breast. try breast first even if it more like a pasifire at first and then give the formula. :hugs:

Congrasts April, we miss you in the Facebook group. And medzi has igt :( she gave breastfeeding an amazing attempt but no amount of drugs was going to bring her supply close to being enough.

I got no grief from the mw or hv about stopping bf. I do get occasional pangs of guilt but nothing like I beat myself up last time when we had no real choice and it all went wrong from day 1.

This time I know it is the right thing to do for my other daughter and my sanity. A happy mum is what they need and my eldest daughter saw me cry way too many times after baby was born.

I had baby blues last time but once the feeding was sorted I've been ok so far. Some things hae put me in a bad mood but that's probably because of the lack of sleep!

I know this is my last baby so I am just determind to enjoy her and this time off work with both of them.

Congrasts April, we miss you in the Facebook group. And medzi has igt :( she gave breastfeeding an amazing attempt but no amount of drugs was going to bring her supply close to being enough.

oh wow ya i left only due to be hard to keep up, i thought i just made it to were i didnt get notifications but i guess it just canceled me from the group. i didnt know that about medzi.....

Hi ladies , sorry been AWOL

Our yellow bundle turned pink last Monday 24th 9lb 10oz (smaller than they expected) and we didn't need the induction. Id started contracting 8 mins apart and when hot to hospital they had lost the paperwork for us to be induced so after couple of hours monitoring consultant was happy for us to postpone induction. Mw gave me my 4th sweep which ramped up my contractions to every 6mins. Didn't fancy another two car journeys do we walked around the hospital and carpark to see if things progressed. After 4hrs of walking the contractions were closer and stronger so dh and I went back to assessment unit where we were told I'm well and truly in active labour :). Went to delivery suite and was able to be monitored with a clip whilst remaining active this helped me to progress quickly and after 30mins pushing, Florence was born. Total labour of 4hrs, such a change from my first experience but have to say the relationship with the mw was excellent where I felt we were all working together. The recovery is quicker this time too.

I'll update the new arrivals details this past week when I next log on.

In regards to feeding I was unable to bf with JJ and I too went through the guilt etc but once my hormones calmed down I soon realised he was happy on the bottle and we were able to bond together better. Flo is complete opposite and just started feeding on me straight away it's been tough learning curve and not sure how long I will feed for . However seeing both sides bottle and bf - I think both have their advantages and disadvantages and alot is based on the baby and other circumstances - it will not determine what makes you as a good mum or how happy your baby will be.

Baby blues - I've been emotional since Flo was born and more so past couple of days but think mine is all related to losing my dad recently which I was aware would happen. I'm just finding it do hard that he's not able to meet his new grandchild and Flo not to of known him .

Hi Everyone, Hope all is well with you all. my baby is 1 month old where did the time go? whewwwwwwww.... time to find a way how to lose this belly any Advice?

Hi Everyone, Hope all is well with you all. my baby is 1 month old where did the time go? whewwwwwwww.... time to find a way how to lose this belly any Advice?

I'll be going for walks for exercise and I'm going to do crunched and oblique crunches on my exercise ball! If that doesn't work I'll get a personal training session to teach me something that will work!!

Y plan is to do lots of walking. / gym / home aerobics / slimming world diet.- is like to lose 6 stone ideally

I've lost loads since dd2 was born. 6lbs to go and i'll be at my pre pregnancy weight.

BUT I need to shift another 3 stone to get to my pre mummy weight.

I'll be using the wii and dog walking to try and get there. I'll stick to smaller meal portions too.

I'm already depressed about my sagging belly from the weight loss. Need to find a way to deal with that.

Jelly I'm aiming for 6 stone too. Maybe one day!
Today I started a 100 day challenge to lose at least 1.5 stone (21lb)... Mostly just healthy eating as I haven't had the all clear from my GP to start exercising post-section.

I'm thinking.... Meal plans including snacks that are easy to prepare so I'm not tempted to grab a handful of biscuits (my weakness!)... and I'm being given a wii soon so I might get wii fit then get back to aquafit as soon as I can.

Jelly I'm aiming for 6 stone too. Maybe one day!
Today I started a 100 day challenge to lose at least 1.5 stone (21lb)... Mostly just healthy eating as I haven't had the all clear from my GP to start exercising post-section.

I'm thinking.... Meal plans including snacks that are easy to prepare so I'm not tempted to grab a handful of biscuits (my weakness!)... and I'm being given a wii soon so I might get wii fit then get back to aquafit as soon as I can.

I'll race you :rofl:

I'm still 14lb heavier than pre preg but the same weight as I was after JJ so
Know it can be done. I've decided to give myself a couple if weeks grace and time to start meal plans etc then I'll be on a mission to get rid of this extra weight one bit at a time.

Did any of the June babies become July babies yet?

I posted about the baby blues a couple days ago because for about a week after birth when I looked at my tummy I felt so sad not to be able to feel her kicks and have her inside of me anymore!! I cried about that quite a bit. DH was so confused because I really didn't like being pregnant when I was lol, and then I was missing it!??

Plus I find packing her up to get out the door to be very stressful and cried alot about that too.

But it's 11 days in and I'm feeling so much better. No more missing her in my tummy. I'm still getting high blood sugar readings so I hope those even out in the next few weeks hen hormones start working properly again... Praying I do not have type 2 diabetes!!

Did any of the June babies become July babies yet?

I posted about the baby blues a couple days ago because for about a week after birth when I looked at my tummy I felt so sad not to be able to feel her kicks and have her inside of me anymore!! I cried about that quite a bit. DH was so confused because I really didn't like being pregnant when I was lol, and then I was missing it!??

Plus I find packing her up to get out the door to be very stressful and cried alot about that too.

But it's 11 days in and I'm feeling so much better. No more missing her in my tummy. I'm still getting high blood sugar readings so I hope those even out in the next few weeks hen hormones start working properly again... Praying I do not have type 2 diabetes!!

hugs :)

I thinks it's pretty normal to feel that way. I know I did with my first. I remember patting my stomach out of habit and just feleing saggy skin and being so sad about it.

And they ARE so hard to get ready to leave. It's easier packing them I think when they're part of you.

Kelly I was exactly the same but I think I'm over it. Either that or I've got too much to deal with to think about it anymore! I'm already getting broody when I see proper newborns :haha: The twins are 5 weeks old now and they've really filled out and lost the scrunched up newborn look. I miss thst already.. No more for me though! I've got the looooong wait for grandchildren now haha!

Phantom, good to hear from you! How's the pregnancy going? I remember 26-27 weeks being the time I got all kinds of uncomfortableness. Hope it's not too bad.

OMG it's just hit me all of a sudden. I miss being pregnant and reading about pregnancy related queries. Don't get me wrong, I ADORE Macie and wouldn't part with her but wow, where did that feeling come from? I also feel envious of those who have newborns, it's such an exciting time. Having said that, Macie has started to smile and is developing so quick, I love watching her grow already. Rant over, back to listening to Macie snoring!!
Hope all is going well for you phantom xx

Thanks phantom :). Glad to see your twin buns are cooking nicely away in there!!

Carly I know what you mean, I love Georgia sooo much just the way she is and don't want her to change at all, despite the totally unpredictable cluster feeds, and my total lack of sleep. She is so tiny and her expressions and little noises are perfection.

Looks like i'm alone but i don't miss being pregnant! All I miss right now is sleep!

We don't plan on having anymore kids and I'm making a list of all the negative things to remknd me why. Then I can refer to it when i'm broody!

I don't enjoy pregnancy or labour, it's just a means to an end so I don't mind not doing them again!

I definatley don't miss pregnancy, I had such a hard time. BUT we decided that we will have 1 more. Maybe start ttc when George is a year old. Daddy George has been labled as infertile so it'll prob take a while again.

Jnr smiled yesterday, it was so gorgeous.

I hate to think we won't have any more children do I constantly tell dh or the midwife we could have a 'whoopsey' baby in a couple of years but realistically know we couldn't afford a third child :-(

Finally after 9 nights we got a decent nights sleep it has been do tough cluster feeding 11 hours through the night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->