June Jitterbugs- 2013, 51 babies born 27 boys, 24 girls (145 on the Way)

Oh Kelly :hugs: I'm right behind you

Sweep was waste of time the trainee midwife did it and I hardly felt anything whether because cervix was easier to get to or something I don't know ..... Not feeling hopeful anything will start. Still going to the hosital Monday to be assessed but hoping they will leave me a couple more days before inducing will have to wait and see

Sorry just realised I'd already updated about sweep ..... Can I blame baby brain?

Miguel was born June 21st (first day of summer) at 11:59am (7lbs 2oz).
My water broke at midnight...had to push for 2hrs, it was terrible. Little one is adorable!! I'm so in love!!

Congrats Danielle!

On bfing, I promise it does get better, but if you really aren't enjoying it and baby doesn't settle well supplementing is a great idea. I gave LO 2 bottles so far about an ounce each time on days 3/4 because my milk wasn't in well and she was Hungry! I honestly love bfing and it's funny because in my family and my community most people bottle feed, so I am looked at like that hippie girl who still thinks its cool to nurse in public, lol.

Either way I think it's awful when people judge you for your decisions as a mother. You should do what's best for you and your family and not worry about all the on lookers telling you it's wrong. My LO sleeps on her side *gasp* she is way more comfortable and sleeps for a long time. I am next to her most the time and I can hear her breathe, so I am comfortable with it. I lay her on her back in the bassinet, but in my bed she's a side sleeper

Congratulations hun! :) :flower:

Still waiting myself. :( Got a sweep scheduled on Monday but really hoping and praying that little man makes an appearance before then. *Fingers crossed*. :)

I had sex today for the first time in months - it was a bit odd! I've been so off sex in this pregnancy!

I just want to get baby out now so I'm going to keep trying it!

Can't wait to have a normal sex life again on the future, it did feel a bit odd!

Anyone else had luck using the sex method??

Rowley UK m really hoping to be able to breastfeed with this baby I struggled with supply so much with JJ but hospital were making me supplement every feed with 3oz of formula! No wonder I was into a losing battle, I've read up on bf now and asked a lot more questions this time so feeling more confident...... However if it doesn't work out at least I know I tried, still makes you feel guilty initially regardless

Groovychick - how many days are you now? Is this your first sweep, good luck

Misslissa - we had sex quite abit near the end with JJ and still went 12 days overdue. This time we have had sex a little more frequently recently but not sure if its fine anything or not, its what my consultant recommended

Danielle - Big congratulations I'm so happy for you after all your waiting and worry about induction, I hope I manage to beat induction day too. :happy dance:

I had sex today for the first time in months - it was a bit odd! I've been so off sex in this pregnancy!

Can't wait to have a normal sex life again on the future, it did feel a bit odd!

The night before I went into labour with Macie, I BEGGED DH for sex but he refused as his parents were away on holiday and he didn't want the baby to come whilst they were away. As it happened, my waters broke at 01.45 the next morning and if we had DTD I would have sworn that sex brought on labour, it goes to prove that the baby will come when he/she is ready no matter what you do. Having said that, it could have been the pineapple I had the day before :haha:

Re: DTD we did do this between sweeps and there was a difference in the dialation but that might have happened anyway.

I made a big decision with dh tonight to switch to ff. It's better for us as a family. Dd2 has already benefited from 6 days of colostrum and bm that dd1 couldn't get. Now I can start to enjoy my baby and our complete family. I"ve still got the breast is best message in the back of my mind but i'm hoping it will pass as I see a change in both my girls.

When DH and I last dtd at 36 weeks, I got an hour of contractions, shaking, sweats and sickness which resulted in twin 1 flipping from Breech to head down but then the labour stuff fizzled out. That was the last false alarm I had before my c section.

MumMumMum, as hard as the decision was, it sounds like you're doing what's best for your situation and your family. I didn't even attempt bfing this time around so well done for giving it a shot.

Well I may dtd a few more times depending on how we both feel but in the back of my mind I just think babies come either when they are ready or when they are forced to medically. I'm not sure there is really anything you can do to make it happen is there.

I can imagine the feeling of being upset if bf doesn't work out, I have my heart set on it as it is best but if I can't I can't. Will have to cross that bridge when I come to it.

MumMumMum, as hard as the decision was, it sounds like you're doing what's best for your situation and your family. I didn't even attempt bfing this time around so well done for giving it a shot.

Thank you. I felt like I had to choose which daughter to do the best thing for. The best for one wasn't the best for the other. By FF I can give each of them quality time. If I was BF that would be all my time with DD2 as I would have to spend the rest with DD1.

At the end of the day I haven't been able to enjoy her first week through guilt. I was determind not to do that again so I just want to focus on enjoying my girls. They're only this age once and I don't want to waste any more of that time crying and tearing myself up about just one element of care for one of them.

Our gorgeous son Joshua entered this world on June 22nd 2013 weighing 9lb 4oz, a big boy! :)

We had sex like every night or every other night for the last 3 weeks of our pregnancy. It did help me dilate but never brought on labour... I ended up being induced! Good luck to you though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->