• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

June Jitterbugs 2013 - 51 babies born - 27 boys, 24 Girls

Does anyone on here have any good tips to helps baby's drop off to sleep with a bit of background noise? When Macie is asleep, I'll vacuum and keep the tv on etc but only after she's been sleeping for about 20 minutes, until then I have to be deathly quiet or she'll b wide awake. Don't get me started on sleeping in the pram!!! It doesn't happen! Do any of you have this problem or have any tips to share?

If she's used to silence when she sleeps, she may continue to need it...
We were very careful right from the start to make sure Jesse had noise when he was asleep, and now he sleeps through most things. We often go out for friday night dinner and it can take a while for him to drop off, which is always the case, but once's asleep he'll sleep through all our noise.

With a toddler and two dogs it is rarely quiet in our house! We found she needed help going to sleep and would wake easily if we put her down too soon.

She hated being in the pram awake too. If she woke up she'd cry until we picked her up and she'd stop straight away.

This week she's fallen asleep in her bouncer by herself and been happier awake in the pram. You might find your LO just gets there by themselves.

Have you tried having background noise to fall asleep to whilst being held? Might help to get used to it. I found both of mine easier to settle back to sleep if I was already holding them.

Id agree with munmum that baby is easier to settle or stay asleep if in your arms initially. JJ used to and still does hate noises, Flo seems to like them vacuum , hairdryer etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->