Just a bit of sunday fun....

...and i've just updated my cow blinkie for probably the last time ever :-(!!!

We're slowly introducing formula now and Theo's taking it suprisingly well (he's usually such a fusspot- but my little boy is growing up! :sad1:)

He only had one booby feed today :neutral:!

I was right, we've finished :sad1:. Theo is now formula fed!

Sort of Em, I was in two minds about it- but finally decided it was the best thing for us.
Basically, Theo loves to comfort suck! It does have it's pros but it also has it's cons, and my work hours are creeping higher and higher and it was making life a nightmare for everyone.
I wasn't too keen on how he helps himself now either (would literally just pull my top down anywhere, everywhere!) so I decided i'll breastfeed until he is 1 and then slowly wean him onto cows milk.
Then I got offered 2 amazing opportunities at work- one is a 4 day holiday where I get to take Theo but one is a 3 day stay away where I'll probably only manage to see Theo once unless mum plans to drive him to the other side of the county to see me. This will be when he's 11 months and Theo has always been very fussy with formula/bottles and i'm terrible at expressing so I thought I better start weaning him very slowly now so that we are definitely ready when I'm away.
I started giving him formula when we went out in his straw beaker- he LOVES his straw beakers! Well he must have grown to the taste of formula because we tried a bottle one night and as if by magic he can now use a bottle!
Then he stopped asking for booby so I stopped offering and we were only doing the morning feed and maybe a quick afternoon one, and then on Wednesday morning he went for his morning feed and got annoyed, so he tried to switch to the other side and he got annoyed again and tried to switch back- I had a bit of a squeeze and nothing came out! So I made him a bottle and decided I might as well nip it in the bud (pardon the pun haha!) there and then! And just like that we were finished!
I've not gone dry- there's still milk in there, but Theo isn't interested at all! I'm enjoying the big boobies while they last!:holly:

I am sad, silly things are making me sad like the fact he smells different and he gets upset when he has to wait for the bottle to cool. Bfing was a lot easier but I guess now was the time to move on! x

Also, we'll be in Cornwall this week- so I will (English weather permitting!) be having a happy Sunday on the beach but I won't be Happy Sundaying in here!:shipw:

Happy nearly Saturday!!

Oh and all of you need to do a baby update, it's been too long- how are all the Happy Sunday babies? x

NOBODY said Happy Sunday this week :cry:!

Happy Monday everyone!

Theo learnt to crawl this week, how is everybody's babies doing? x

No wayyyyyyy!!!! If I let go of T he just thinks its a game and falls on me haha! I've tried to encourage walking with the walker and he can do it but he just cries and cries bless him the silly wimp haha!!! xx

Happy Sunday! Looks like i'm going to win because this thread is slowly dying :-( x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->