Just a general observation..

Ley

mum to 3 pinks
Reaction score
This isn't meant to be a dig at anyone or anything it is just a general observation I have made.
It does really surprise me just how many women don't seem to know where they urinate from. I have seen so many posts from women thinking they need to take tampons/softcups/other things out before going for a pee. There seem to be a lot of people who don't seem to realize you don't pee from the same hole you bleed/give birth from.
Has anyone else noticed this? I just wonder why it is such a common misconception?

Your right!
And its not limited to the general population either, I needed a catheter with my first, and the nurse asked to do it faffed around for a while, couldnt do it, got a doctor, who told her to put it in the urethra, she looked at the doc and said " whats that?":wacko:

I saw this on a thread the other week - not sure if it was on bnb or from when i was googling things. I was suprised that this lady was adamant that you pee out of the same hole that you bleed from...

Lol! I know that it's a different place that you pee out.. but people, like mainly men I think, seem to believe women have "2 holes", your anus and one all purpose one for peeing, menstrual blood, delivering a baby, sex etc.

Well anyway. I change my tampons when I pee even though I know it's not the same spot, I don't think that's too weird lol

I didn't know before I went to nursing school. Lol. I wish they taught that to the girls in health class in high school

im a little confused how you would not know!!! that said my dh thought that you peed out your vagina & was so surprised when i put him right!!

Do people think that :huh: I mean I always thought that when I was younger, but when we did science at school we were shown cross-section diagrams of the body showing the different systems. Maybe it's not routinely taught in schools?

I didn't realise people didn't know.. do they think you store your wee in your womb or something? I guess they are very close though.

It is such a common misconception, I didn't figure it out until I was 14 and in a sex ed class that was very good! I felt stupid when I asked my teacher but she was so nice and told me it was such a common mistake and I had a few extra classes.. :blush:

I told my OH and he was like really? :wacko:

I don't think a lot of people know because it's hard to look at your own bits really, lol. And I don't think women are as fascinated with their parts as men are. Men probably assume theirs all comes out the same hole so it must be the same for us lol

HaHa, to be honest I got one hell of a shock when I had to have a camera put up there a few years back!:blush: I can quite safely say I know exactly where my wee hole is now! :rofl:

xxx

I can imagine it's a common one. It always amazes me when people say the baby is in thier stomach.....did they eat it, must've been hard to swallow?! :blush:

HaHa, to be honest I got one hell of a shock when I had to have a camera put up there a few years back!:blush: I can quite safely say I know exactly where my wee hole is now! :rofl:

xxx

I literally lol'ed at this! Must have been a big surprise for you lol

:shock:

I really would have preferred to use a smilie that had a jaw drop but there was none.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->