Just a ikkle question

Mummi2b

x Mummy to Adrhianna x
Reaction score
Hiya im just wndering why cant we lay on our bellys or backs :cloud9:

heres what I found Sleeping on your back while pregnant can create pressure on a major vein called the inferior vena cava. This vein returns blood from the lower body to your heart. This may lead to lightheadedness and/or numbness. In addition this may cause pressure on your back and intestines, leading to discomfort.
I still wake up on my back but I know as I get further along is when it will bother you.

I still sleep on my back , As for a few weeks iv had a runny nose and on my back it doesnt bother me as much .. I found myself the other morning waking up on my belly . I thought arghhhh i might of squished baby lol , But hes fine . xxx .

I still sleep on my back , As for a few weeks iv had a runny nose and on my back it doesnt bother me as much .. I found myself the other morning waking up on my belly . I thought arghhhh i might of squished baby lol , But hes fine . xxx .

I also read somewhere you can also but a pillow under you bottom and that will help with the pressure.

you can't sleep on your belly as your bump won't let you hahaha

Sleep your belly =crush baby
sleep on your back= baby crush you

hummmm lol

I go from side to side mostly and use a wedge pillow to support my bump and hips. Still sore though.

will you really crush the baby if you sleep on your tummy??? Like Katieandbump said, the baby will let you know if you're crushing it... once you start to get bigger it's not going to be very comfortable anyways to sleep on your tummy... but in the meantime, I would think it's ok???

cant sleep on your belly beacuse you will be crushing a baby
cant sleep on your back beacuse they say it stops the baby from getting a proper flow from you, they say try sleep on your left side x

From a midwife's mouth:

It doesn't cursh baby it's just uncomfy (so as long as it's not uincomfy then I took it it's ok to lie on your tummy.) and you can lie on your back until third tri as long as you have pillows under your head, tp raise head higher than feet!

see all midwives tell you dif, my midwife told me not to lie on your tummy & when you get to about 24 weeks you should not be sleeping on your back but on your left side.

it tells you everything in here have a look at this

https://kidshealth.org/parent/pregnancy_newborn/pregnancy/sleep_during_pregnancy.html

x

See, I was told that you shouldn't sleep on your back from 16 weeks on. The belly? As long as you are comfortable, you can do it. Thats what my doc says.
I was a side sleeper to being with, thank god.

I sleep on my side mostly (I try to make it the left side, but it's also the right), but sometimes I just have the urge to sleep on my back. It's not always comfy to lie in one position all night long! I can still sort of sleep on my tummy, but not for long periods. I thought I read something about not sleeping on your back because of the vena cava vein, but presumably as long as you don;t spend the whole night in one position, it can't be that bad, can it?!

I have folded up a single duvet and put under the top part or my back and head as I was so uncomfortable. It is surprisingly much more comfy than just pillows and it lets my lie at any angle. I never used to be able to sleep on side or back just tummy but have managed using the duvet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->