Just a little rant...

Fluxuspoem

Mama
Reaction score
For the ladies that dont know my story, I have been suffering with preterm contractions since week 25 and now it seems that my cervix length is getting sorter by the day so things are not looking very well.

I had my steroid injections yesterday and I am on complete bed rest trying to ensure the best for my LO even though I know that sometimes its completely out of our hands :cry:

What frustrates me the most thought, is the fact that a lot of people that have no experience of premature labour, tell me things like this " I know a girl that had her baby at 26 weeks and all went OK no problems, you shouldnt worry that much" or things like " well at least you know she is viable so its ok, she'll be fine" and similar things that make me think that people really are delusional and believe that having a premature baby after week 25 is not a big deal!!!! I sometimes feel that they think I am a bit paranoid and stupid for worrying so much about her coming early.

I am so pissed off and tired with those comments. I have read a lot of stories on this forum about premature babies and really know how hard it is for the baby and the mother and what a long battle it is to get the baby home safe. I have utter respect for the babies and mums that are going through this and that was before I knew I may become a mummy of a premature baby myself.

So, I just want to tell everyone that tells me that I am unreasonable to stress out, to jsut STOP telling me how wonderful things will be regardless... I know they are trying to help me, but they are not really.

Sorry ladies rant over and big hugs to all xxx

try not listen think people just dont know what to say and think thats the best thing to say, i know it makes you want to scream. If i had a pound for all the times i was told 'Emma is a fighter and will get there and oh my such and such had a prem baby and they are fine' i would be a millionaire!!!

Just brush them off!! And i know that every baby is so different but at your stage the chances are good for your wee bub, wont lie and say its easy but with love and time u will get there. :hug::

that would frustrate me to no end. It is so hard on the baby and the mom! Emotionally, I am a complete wreck right now. They don't really know what is going on with baby until he/she is finally out.

I'm just so worried I feel like my body is just going to go into labor for freaking out! I haven't taken any birthing classes, I haven't done ANYTHING. I'm wigging out over here and have no one to turn to! ughh!! If someone says to be, "babies do survive after that, you'll be fine." I will probably flip out and be like "are you carrying a baby, do you love this baby as much as I do? Do you know there is a reason why they are called premies???" UGH people irritate me!!!!

Aww hun all those feelings are normal, yes ur at a semi safe gestation but that doesnt mean it will be plane sailing, its still weeks of being in hosptial and not having a normal mummy experiance... i hate it when people say all that shit u mentioned when they ahve no experiance THEMSELVES of a premmie... dont get me wrong 29wks is fab after having babies at 33,22,28,27,25+6,24+3 and 25+5... the 33,28,and 27 sailed thou but it was hard at the time cos i hadnt experinced the mega early one's loom back they were a walk in park... but at the time that was my worst every premmie so i see it totally from your point of view...

Keep going your doing fab adn u vent when ever you need too let it all out... whens ur next cervical scan? have they not offered a stitch i cant have one down to my waters being gone buyt if urs are in tact the could do one still? Xx

Sorry to hear about your situation, you poor thing.
It is annoying when people say what they say but I guess it is because they just don't know what to say and are trying to reassure you everything will be ok. They say these things because they feel helpless and want to help you. They don't realise their comments are annoying and do more harm than good. Just don't take them to heart.
Ask any premmie mum on here and they will tell you about all sorts of comments which upset them such as 'at least you didn't have to carry a huge bump in the heat wave' or 'at least you didn't get any stretch marks etc'...when all you wanted was your baby still inside you. People aren't insensitive they just don't understand.

Having a premmie is really hard and unless you go through it, you can't even begin to imagine the roller coaster it is.

It is great you are now 29 weeks, to me that is a good gestation, you have managed to hold on for 4 weeks that is good going, I could not hold on for 4 hours.
Also great that you have had the steroid injections, this will make your LOs lungs stronger. My LO had 2 and she did really well.
These premmie babies are amazing and strong.

I hope you can hold off for longer as every extra week makes a huge difference. Take care of yourself and let us know how you get on....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->