Just a little rant....

misspriss

Reaction score
Okay I will start by saying I love Amazon, they are usually great.

My cycles have been all over the place BF'ing and then I had a chemical last cycle so I have no idea when to expect O. I started getting some wetness at CD11 (I last ovulated on CD28! but I hear anything is possible after a chemical) so I ordered the CB advanced digital ovulation kit off Amazon, paid for 1 day shipping, to get it today. I even saved this AM's pee you guys, I was excited.

Lo and behold, they sent me the CB digital ovulation kit. Not advanced. I was SOOOO pissed. I chatted the heck out of customer service, I'm sending it back, but they couldn't get me another one until Monday. And that woman just didn't get it that when it comes to OPKs, you can't just skip 4 days...!

So now I have to actually go to the store and buy one, probably have to pay more. Ugh. Anyway....just, ugh.

My cycles have been all over the place BF'ing and then I had a chemical last cycle so I have no idea when to expect O. I started getting some wetness at CD11 (I last ovulated on CD28! but I hear anything is possible after a chemical) so I ordered the CB advanced digital ovulation kit off Amazon, paid for 1 day shipping, to get it today. I even saved this AM's pee you guys, I was excited.

Lo and behold, they sent me the CB digital ovulation kit. Not advanced. I was SOOOO pissed. I chatted the heck out of customer service, I'm sending it back, but they couldn't get me another one until Monday. And that woman just didn't get it that when it comes to OPKs, you can't just skip 4 days...!

So now I have to actually go to the store and buy one, probably have to pay more. Ugh. Anyway....just, ugh.

I'm sorry that happened. I've been in some tight sticky situations because of Amazon. Last week I ordered a kindle fire, paid extra and got it the day after it should have arrived. I could've gotten it then for free.:dohh:

Hope it works out though

I'm sorry that happened. I've been in some tight sticky situations because of Amazon. Last week I ordered a kindle fire, paid extra and got it the day after it should have arrived. I could've gotten it then for free.:dohh:

Hope it works out though

If you paid extra and it got there late, I'd ask for your extra back! They were willing to refund me my 1 day shipping AND send me a replacement 1 day for free since I didn't get the correct product on time.

Oh I hate when I accidentally order the wrong product on Amazon! That's definitely how I found out those packs of 20 fr opks are NOT 20 seperate ones, but 20 sticks that all have to be used in one month. What a rip off! I've also accidentally ordered the digital opks instead of the line ones (which I prefer).

Such a love hate relationship with Amazon.

Just FYI - You generally don't want to use fmu for opks because it doesnt' give your body time to build up the hormone that's being tested. I think the best time to test is somewhere between 1-7pm, with a 3-4 hour hold.

GL!

I didn't order the wrong product, they sent the wrong one! I even went back and checked to make sure I didn't accidentally order the wrong one, but I didn't. I ordered the Advanced, and they sent the original/not advanced.

Thanks for the tip, I know for OPKs afternoon urine is better because the LH surge usually doesn't start until later in the morning, but the Advanced OPK looks for both estrogen and LH, and estrogen is higher in the AM. That is why it says to use it with FMU.

I also have a fertility monitor, but it cost the same in this instance to buy the advanced (which works almost the same as the monitor) because I could get the 1 day shipping. Except, I couldn't....

*FACEPALM*

OMG it is fate. This is no one's fault but my own. I went to the store, and I was in a hurry because I was running late to be back from lunch. I picked up...wait for it...the Digital (NOT ADVANCED). And I opened it already.

I'm feeling very stupid right now. I guess I will use this anyway. Now I have to hold my afternoon peeeeeee....(since it's just a regular OPK.) And I just paid $35 for an OPK (same price for both digi OPK and Advanced OPK....).

](*,)](*,)](*,)](*,)](*,)

I'm feeling like such and idiot right now.

Interesting - I guess I hadn't heard of the advanced!

In any event - sorry your grabbed the wrong thing (again!!). Maybe it *IS* fate and you don't need the advanced because your timing will naturally be perfect. haha ;)

LOL turns out the store I went to doesn't sell the Advanced in store, only online. So even if I could take it back, I'd have to drive to ANOTHER store and pay more to get what I wanted.

I guess it is fate.

FYI - I use the clearblue advanced OPK. The first time I used it I used FMU per the instructions. Then I read that the best time to use OPKs are around 2pm so thought I'd test the theory out. So for a few days around my fertile period I tested first thing in the morning and again around 6pm once I got home from work. On CD15 I got a flashing smiley in the morning, then a fixed smily in the evening! So I would recommend ignoring the instructions and testing in the afternoon so you don't miss that important BDing time! GL!

But you really have no way to know if you would get a peak in the next AM too.

I have a really hard time holding urine in the daytime, because I drink a lot of water. Here is hoping though!

But surely if your hormones are high enough to get a peak in the evening you will definitely get a peak the following morning?!

It just means you miss out on 12 hours of important BDing time, that's all, and if you can only BD in the evening due to work commitments, that's 24 hours of peak BFing time you've missed!

Xx

True true, I'm just saying you wouldn't necessary miss it testing in the AM. But with the digital and the Advanced digital (not the monitor) you can test more than once a day if you want anyway, so problem solved!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->