Just A Question About Trying Again?

Hi,

I'm an early pregnancy loss (7-8wks), but thought my 2cents/pence worth might be helpful for the thyroid/PCOS ladies...(andypandy knows me and my story a bit...).

I had a mc and two possible chemicals before getting pregnant again (am 27wks tomorrow, and so far, so good!). I was told that I couldn't have children back in my 20s and went onto graduate school, travel, artistic stuff and fell pregnant after stopping contraception at age 41 (my husband and I thought, oh, let's see what happens), unfortunately, had a mc (and a terrible public hospital experience that still makes me cry at times), after a possible chemical last September (2010), my GP put me on metformin as it has been shown in many studies (although there is debate, naturaly) that it can decrease the risk of mc in PCOS women, I continued to take it until wk 20 of this pregnancy (or until the placenta took over, plus another month or so, for my piece of mind) and in our pre-IVF blood work, it was discovered that I had an underactive thyroid, but only borderline, my GP put me on a low dose and in repeat blood work in May, she increased it -- I had a prefect 28 day cycle and as we were waiting for my AF to begin the first cycle of IVF, it never came and I fell pregnant naturally....I was 43 and am now 44, and the baby seems to be absolutely ok via scans/blood work (we decided not to do amnio as I was terrified of mc)...

I honestly think (and thank) my GP who tried the metformin and over-ruled the fertility expert, who said that since my thyroid was borderline, he wouldn't prescribe any medication, as all my blood work in the pregnancy has come back good, I don't know if I just got lucky, but I as move into the third trimester, the level of kindness and compassion in this thread has been amazing -- and hope that nobody is offended by me posting here....

best wishes

Hello!

I'm 26, I have crohns disease, but otherwise i am in perfect health, and this was my first pregnancy, didnt have any problems during it at all although i did found out i was rhesus negative and need anti-D injections, until our 20 week scan when we found out we had lost our little boy.

Hi,

I'm an early pregnancy loss (7-8wks), but thought my 2cents/pence worth might be helpful for the thyroid/PCOS ladies...(andypandy knows me and my story a bit...).

I had a mc and two possible chemicals before getting pregnant again (am 27wks tomorrow, and so far, so good!). I was told that I couldn't have children back in my 20s and went onto graduate school, travel, artistic stuff and fell pregnant after stopping contraception at age 41 (my husband and I thought, oh, let's see what happens), unfortunately, had a mc (and a terrible public hospital experience that still makes me cry at times), after a possible chemical last September (2010), my GP put me on metformin as it has been shown in many studies (although there is debate, naturaly) that it can decrease the risk of mc in PCOS women, I continued to take it until wk 20 of this pregnancy (or until the placenta took over, plus another month or so, for my piece of mind) and in our pre-IVF blood work, it was discovered that I had an underactive thyroid, but only borderline, my GP put me on a low dose and in repeat blood work in May, she increased it -- I had a prefect 28 day cycle and as we were waiting for my AF to begin the first cycle of IVF, it never came and I fell pregnant naturally....I was 43 and am now 44, and the baby seems to be absolutely ok via scans/blood work (we decided not to do amnio as I was terrified of mc)...

I honestly think (and thank) my GP who tried the metformin and over-ruled the fertility expert, who said that since my thyroid was borderline, he wouldn't prescribe any medication, as all my blood work in the pregnancy has come back good, I don't know if I just got lucky, but I as move into the third trimester, the level of kindness and compassion in this thread has been amazing -- and hope that nobody is offended by me posting here....

best wishes
Never be offended by you, thank you for your kindness and your info. I told you once you are my inspiration:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

you are SO sweet, crossing fingers for you this month....(I have tears in my eyes!)....

best wishes always!!!!

Hi,

best wishes
Never be offended by you, thank you for your kindness and your info. I told you once you are my inspiration:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Yes, it's wonderful to hear from someone who has been through what we have and is now in third tri. Gives me hope i can get that far. Sending you and your rainbow lots of love xx

You inspire me,i was so worried that time is running out for me and i have relaised that if you can do it ,why cant I,iam so happy for you and please continue sharing with us your pregnancy journey and iam praying for you that you have ahealthy baby,I have read your story 3 times and with asmile on my face when the ending was positve.Iam proud of you and i admire you for the determination to continue trying for what you want.
You have given me hope,so much hope as i was loosing hope.Iam 39 and i hope i can also try again.Its hard work trying but again i cant stop wanting abby so much.Good luck

You inspire me,i was so worried that time is running out for me and i have relaised that if you can do it ,why cant I,iam so happy for you and please continue sharing with us your pregnancy journey and iam praying for you that you have ahealthy baby,I have read your story 3 times and with asmile on my face when the ending was positve.Iam proud of you and i admire you for the determination to continue trying for what you want.
You have given me hope,so much hope as i was loosing hope.Iam 39 and i hope i can also try again.Its hard work trying but again i cant stop wanting abby so much.Good luck

I am 41 and I am scared also, but believe me it will happen for the both of us. For you 39 and 41 may not sound like such a HUGE difference, but it kind of is.. you have at least 2 more good years than me, meaning maybe I got till 44 GeeZ I hope not :wacko: you will be ok you have I would think at least a good 4 years , me maybe 2 ..I am scared but I am more scared of not trying..XOXOX:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hey Andrea, just thought I'd let you know that a friend of mine here is about 22wks pregnant and is 44, with a chronic lung condition. She went away down to the hospital (far away) to get amnio when the time came and was told as she was low risk she didn't need to get it! Not saying anything about getting amnio, but just thought you'd like to know that she was able to get pregnant at that age (without trying, as I understand) and that she is considered low risk, so the age isn't as significant as you think. Just thought I'd pass that on....

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->