Just a quick question

Dream.A.Dream

Mum to 6yo and WTT #2!
Reaction score
I started doing OPKs to find out when i Ov before we start trying. At CD7 i had a faint line, i then went away for a couple of days and couldn't do any testing. How long does it generally take to get your surge once you get faint lines? I'll be able to test again tomorrow but have a feeling i may have missed my surge

It really depends- I don't think there's a set timeframe of when you'll get your surge. I'd just keep testing every afternoon around 2pm or so once a day until your lines get much darker. Then, test in the afternoon and then again in the evening (around 10pm.) Try to limit your fluids in the 2-3 hours before you test so as to not dilute your urine. Good luck!

Just thought id make this a bit easier for you. If you had a positive opk- one that has the same colour as the control line, you will ov within 12-36 hours . The reason for this long timeframe is there there is no way of knowing whether you are getting the beginning of the surge- the peak- or the tail end. So in answer to your question- well, there isnt one. We dont know, you dont know and the opk certainly doesnt know :). I will say this though- if you've managed to bd in that time you were away, i would rest easy as you should be fine!

Also, some lucky girls have a 'fade in' pattern which means they initially get weak results that over time get stronger and stronger- thus making it pretty clear when they hit the peak. From what you described it seems as if this could apply to you. Once you managed to pinpoint your ov and if you're regular- you can with some certainty bd in the days leading up to your ov without having to pee on 15 sticks..but i wouldnt stop it alltoghether, lol!

Good luck, chick! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->