Just a rant but opinions welcome.

Becwantsababy

Reaction score
Hi All, I thought this might be the best place to post my rant. Here is a bit about my situation. I have been on cerazette for 5 years and had no af whatsoever so I have no cycle at all, not even a fake one.

We decided that after this pack I would stop taking it to help me lose weight and to get my body ready for when we ttc. I took my last pill on Sat 18th and we also dtd then too with no condoms as we should have been protected by the pill.

It is now 13 days later and I haven't had a withdrawal bleed or anything. But I have had cramps in my pelvic area every so often, not bad but enough to notice. I do remember having some ewcm last week but I couldn't tell you when I as wasn't tracking, just waiting for things to happen. Then Tues 28 i want to the bathroom at work and found some brown blood mixed with some ewcm. I got really excited as I thought it was af coming and 2 days later and nothing else has happened.

This morning I was using the bathrrom when the OH walked past and asked if I was bleeing yet and I said no. He then said 'oh , you must be pg then'. I told him not to be silly as I porbably havn't even ovulated yet (even though I think I might be pg although it would be a miracle). Then he mumbled something about him not knowing what goes on. But then he said 'well if you are then you'll have to have an abortion.' I said 'I don't think so!'. Then he had to get off to work.

It really upset me as only a few weeks ago we were saying that we were both ready for it and we just need me to lose some weight and get healthy and then we can start ttc.

Sorry for the really long post but I really had to get it off my chest.

He said what!!!!!!

Oh hun, you must be very upset about that. I know there are times when OH doesnt seem quite as keen as I am, but I put that down to me having a very loud biological clock, but he would never say anything like that.

Was he serious???

If so, I think he needs to realise that if you are off the pill and he isnt using any other form of protection, pregnancy is a very real possibility. If this isnt something he is prepared for, he needs to do something about it.

xo

I don't know if he was serious to be honest. I know he wants everything to be perfect. We haven't dtd since I came off it as he won't wear condoms. But we only dtd that last night on the pill as we thought we would be protected.

I haven't told him that I think I maybe pg yet as I know deep down that it couldn't have happened that soon anyway. Becauseif I am, then I would have needed to have ovualted within a couple of days of stopping the pill.

I really want to take what he said with a pinch of salt because I do know that he really wants a baby just at the right time for both of us which means when I have lost a opt of weight.

I'd say it's unlikely that you are pregnant if you haven't DTD since the last day of the pill. Although it is possible I guess! It can take a while for your system to get back to normal after being on BCP. The brown blood mixed with EWCM could possibly be ovulation spotting.

I would be really upset and annoyed about the abortion comment though. I think you need to talk to him about that to be honest. Yeah OK in an ideal world the timing would be perfect but if you are coming off BCP and not using condoms then you both have to be aware that you could get pregnant at any time really.

i dont know...i dont think there is ever a "perfect" time to conceive whether its wanting to lose weight or other factors life throws at you there will always be things preventing a couple from TTC thats life..so i would think if you did fall preggo this time that would be an amazing blessing especially since it would be so quick and you wouldnt have to go through waiting and the frustrations that some of us go through with not being so lucky..also i wouldnt see why it would be such a big deal if you did conceive now instead of a little while later i dont think it would make much of a difference, and that was a pretty ignorant comment of him to make id be upset to and im sorry you had to hear that from him because it is heartbreaking thing to hear esp when your getting ready to ttc :( and seeing as he wont wear condoms he knows your coming off BC its simply common sense that you may get preggo i think you should talk to him if he really doesnt want you to get pregnant now but you have to come off BC to get your body on track then i guess hell have to suck it up and wear a condom this all should not just be on your plate hes going to have to take some responsibility as well like the wearing of a condom if he doesnt want you to get pregnant at this time but you should make him really aware that abortion is not an option for you.... i hope this is not sounding like a lecture :shrug: and i hope i helped some how .. i wish you all the best hun :hugs:

I don't know if he was serious to be honest. I know he wants everything to be perfect. We haven't dtd since I came off it as he won't wear condoms. But we only dtd that last night on the pill as we thought we would be protected.

I haven't told him that I think I maybe pg yet as I know deep down that it couldn't have happened that soon anyway. Becauseif I am, then I would have needed to have ovualted within a couple of days of stopping the pill.

I really want to take what he said with a pinch of salt because I do know that he really wants a baby just at the right time for both of us which means when I have lost a opt of weight.

Hi Becwantsababy, I hope he's spoken to you about it since? It's interesting you say "I know he wants everything to be perfect" that's exactly what my OH is saying to me. I wonder if sitting down with him and talking about how his comment made you feel would help? It was super harsh, but maybe it was just considered an offhand comment by him??? :( :(

JaanRuk - Thank you for your meassage you are completely right in what you are saying and have not offended me at all. He knows that if he wants to dtd then he will have to wear them but seems quite happy to put it on the back burner for now. I have been taking the pill since we got together (10 years) so I think it is his turn to take responsilbilty.

I'm not going to ask him about that comment as I know he didn't mean it. I think brining it up will then spark an argument as to why we are not ready then basically it will all be my fault anyway for being the size that I am.

But the good news is that I am not pg. So I just need to wait for the witch to show her face then I can start tracking my cycles and getting to know my body again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->