Just a whinge as I near the end of this pregnancy.. :P

KatBar

~Lucky mumma of 2 boys + girl on the way~
Reaction score
Just a lil whiney whinge as I'm nearing this bubba's due date... Maybe some will relate, and some won't.. :)

I'm feeling so ready to have baby girl!! I wasn't overly impatient with my first two - first came spontaneously at 39+5 (Waters broke at 39+3), and my second was induced at exactly 38 weeks (2.5 quick labour).

I was pretty uncomfy at night with my first pregnancy, but able to rest when needed during the day since I didn't have any kids to chase around (& I was 29 years old at time). My second pregnancy was the best - physically I was super comfortable right up to giving birth, and as such was able to still be pretty active on my feet (I was 31/32 years old during that pregnancy).

This time round I feel like I'm falling apart physically (I just turned 36 a few weeks ago, so not sure if age is contributing to all the physical stuff a bit).

I have a mild-mod prolapse from my first baby (forceps delivery). It usually sits around a stage 2, occasionally a stage 3 when I'm not pregnant. It wasn't an issue with my second pregnancy - in fact, my symptoms actually improved whilst pregnant. But this time round, and I suspect it's cause she's sitting so much lower/engaged, it's been super uncomfortable since around 31-32 weeks (sometimes going to a stage 4 prolapse). When it goes to stage 4 I have to lay down for 20-30 minutes till it goes back up to stage 3.

I also get pelvic girdle pain, which I'm able to keep on top of with stretches and specfic exercises, but it's making turning over in bed so painful (even doing the correct technique for turning over with SPD). I feel like an 80 year old fragile woman shifting myself around in bed.

Then on top of those things, this pregnancy I've developed 2 new things - sciatica pain down my right side (predominantly resulting in my right butt cheek painfully spasming a lot), and carpull tunnel in my heels (hadn't realised this was even a thing till I got it).

So as such, I literally feel so fragile and immobile. I'm a super productive person typically, that doesn't overly enjoy sitting still/lazing around all day (nor can I with a 6 year old and almost 4 year old lol). But I basically can't be on my feet for longer than 20-30 minutes at the moment before I need to sit down and rest for a good period of time. I'm just so over all this extreme discomfort and feeling like I basically can't do anything. I feel so restricted, which I really hate. Any kind of basic physical activity (cooking dinner, washing dishes, doing laundry etc) takes soooo much out of me it's insane!

This is our last baby, so it's annoying that I'm not enjoying these final pregnant moments - especially because I know I will feel nostalgic about it once she has arrived. But honestly, I just can't wait to start physically feeling myself again, and getting back to my usual physical comfort levels (whilst no doubt being insanely tired haha).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->