~Just Answer~ Doctor made sound like I was crazy...

MSDM

Reaction score
Have any of you went to Just Answer? You have to pay for medical professional's advice with this site. They have their degrees and school info, work background available, as they're not just someone behind a screen. Anyways, I've been hearing all kinds of information about cp and cm, and he thought I was crazy. I'm 9dpo today and I asked if the cervical position or cm is high and cm present continuously after O if this was a possible sign of conception. He's been in the OB/GYN field for 13yrs and said the cervix doesn't move!? WHAT!? So I went on to direct him to the different sites, and spoke of charting cervical position for fertility measures, and he said by no means does the position of a cervix have anything to do with conception or a cycle, that the blood makes the cervix feel lower because of swelling, which occurs both during mensus and pregnancy, but the only means of knowing where you are in your cycle is with an OPK and temping only for Ovulation, nothing can be done before an hpt is + as far as "knowing". :wacko:

So I explained that I was super confused, as I've read books and read all sorts of things online, and he said "if it didn't come from the medical "bible" by two authors he named, or a real OB/GYN, take it with a grain of salt, esp what you find on the internet. That the idea of charting should only be related to OPKs and Temping, but someone has to make some money, so they add in the idea of checking cp!? :wacko: I was blown away at the idea because I've heard and read so much on this. He did say however, familiarizing ourselves with the feel of our cervix allows us to notice abnormalties as for cysts and such :wacko:

What do you think girls? I'll see if I can link or copy & paste his response in here as it's a paid medical forum I'm not sure. :wacko:

Hes right and hes wrong (in terms of how he phrased it)
Cp and cm doesnt realy have anything to do with pregnancy (in the early stages anyway) its just that some notice differant personal accurances such as with me I got a hell of alot of watery cm right from the begining but thats just me and isnt a genarl sign.
The cervix doesnt move up till about week 8 but may seem to move earlier in some.
Plus I think hes right about it not actualy physicaly moveing it just seems that way with swelling but hes wrong in not being able to note your cycle point with cp, although mine has no pattern and goes up and down like a yoyo through out the day.

Thanks, Smokey! He was pretty blunt as kept asking questions, finally he just asked "are you a medical professional?" I said, no sir, but I'm paying you for your knowledge and though I may not be a medical professional, I am a birthing professional as this would make #7 biological if I did conceive ; / However, I never charted or checked cp & cm until last month. Should have never started checking really, it's stressed me out, and before, by the grace of God, we never had issues conceiving and never "planned".

Cervix checkong is a relativly new thing and untill about 3 years ago it was strongly reccomended against because of lack of knowledge and risk pf injury and infection.
It didnt realy become popular in terms of ttc till the website my beautifull cervix came about.
with cp checking I suggest ignore what the websites say and chart yourself for a few months, you will soon start to notice what is regular and normal for you personaly.
For me I only take note of the cm and softness because the actual position seems to mean nothing for me, like I say it can be high up that I barly fe it one time tjen twn minutes later realy low down then vanish again so for me personaly I ignore the actual position but at least I know thats normal for me

Thanks, again, Smokey! I just started checking my cp & cm last cycle. I've noticed this cycle to be different, as my cervix did feel lower last cycle after ovulation, as well as dry for a couple days after. This month it has remained higher and constant white cm after O, and I'm 11dpo, 6 days before my next cycle. I guess we'll see? I typically am very fertile and haven't had any issues, but really I think doing all of the checking and charting stresses someone out! Something is different this cycle than last, but maybe my body just fluctuates? Who knows! ; / Thanks so much for your in-depth replies though, as I'm completely new to this though I've had the other children! Good luck to you!! Your lil man is absolutely gorgeous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->